HWBOT Community Forums

Haswell 4670K/4770K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

I think all of this stuff we've been seeing about 2V+ is due to bad CPU-Z. Use 1.64.2 from the CPUID Haswell Reviewer kit:

http://www.cpuid.com/news/76-reviewer_kit_for_intel_haswell.html

It says it contains 1.64.1 but the file actually has 1.64.2 in it.

Hokiealumnus at OCF also confirmed that the ES chips could set voltages over 2v. The retails got locked farther down, but the screen shot from a month or so ago was actually reading correctly at 2.5v.

• Crew
yes, but ussually around -130C

yoh! im actually excited to run coldbugs again :D. no more ultra frost. then again with mem on ln2 will probly make frost anyway. But its gonna be fun to fight some CB again! now good pots and great pots can battle it out

• Crew
All these have CB? And what about CBB?

That would explain the lower frequencies, even if they scale with excessive volts.

yea it doesn't help that these cpu's are already warmer than ivy, now they have CB too. gonna be hard to get them to high clock. at -100 that cpu is probly -80 inside :<

Yea, best CB I saw at the OCN launch event was -140 pot base IIRC. SHOULD have been with GC-Extreme, but I dont know.

Are we binning for 5GHz? Some of the chips we had were running wPrime at 4.9GHz, 1.25v, but 5GHz needed a BIG jump in voltage.

I honestly think these chips are cooler than Ivy, from what i've tested so far.

Thanks for the link, but I can for sure tell you I set 2.9v for input voltage and 2.2v for vcore and cpuz reads vcore exactly as that. All voltages were adjusted in the OS with TurboV.

The M6E has never read vcore differently than what is set in the bios, at least in the all the bios's I have tested.

I meant that I think some of the earlier scores we saw posted where it looks like 2V+ was used might have actually been using less voltage, it just looked that way because they used older CPU-Z.

yea it doesn't help that these cpu's are already warmer than ivy, now they have CB too. gonna be hard to get them to high clock. at -100 that cpu is probly -80 inside :<

We need someone to be brave and test a delid with extreme cooling.