HWBOT Community Forums

First Haswell Valids

Haters gonna hate? Haswell at 8GHz video.

Imho, this kind of hints to the idea that the 7GHz validation might be bogus or bugged too. I think CPU-Z V1.62 just wasn't able to correctly read out the frequency and voltages. Especially the 91MHz BCLK seems a bit suspicious.

Haters gonna hate? Haswell at 8GHz video.

Imho, this kind of hints to the idea that the 7GHz validation might be bogus or bugged too. I think CPU-Z V1.62 just wasn't able to correctly read out the frequency and voltages. Especially the 91MHz BCLK seems a bit suspicious.

lol just saw that on FB

is that the same guy that was doing this last time lol. no doubt he was on air cooling also

Actually, is not helping overclocking community in general.

Intel will protect their unreleased products and market standing from uncertainty at any cost....and it will trickle down to the bottom of chain.

Not really. Leaks have been happening for ages and it never prevented people (in general) from getting early access and sampling. I think as long as Intel has the obvious performance upper-hand, they don't really care that much about leaks.

If a company really wants to prevent leaks, they are able to enforce it. Just look at Nvidia and Apple for example.

Any add banners get pulled or you guys just focusing on ripping apart the only big manufacturer that doesn't pay for a banner at this point? ..some edits flying around already after the phone calls..

*the shenanigans never cease to amaze me.

Hey Community,

Should I remove this post? I'm torn between being an "Assman" for having the leaks in a thread or being an "Assman" for censorship if I take the thread down.

Regards,

A torn Pieter.

When it disappeared the first time I thought nothing of it and assumed it was pulled for all the right reasons. It was actually its re-appearance that gave me pause.

It doesn't really bother me per se', because I can link to this without breaking my own NDA. That said, I also feel for the guys who probably did not intend to have this out there in front of everyone at this early stage. It wouldn't make me cry at all to have the thread removed.

Put it this way, if it were my valid, I'd ask very nicely if the evidence of it could be hidden from the public until launch and would have asked yesterday when this originally appeared. This thing has been up over 24 hours now though, so the damage is pretty much done, no? Surely the two screenshots are elsewhere by now. I didn't save them, just linked here; but others may have gone that extra step.

It's a difficult decision. After thinking about it, were I A torn Pieter, I'd reach out to Andre & Nick and ask what they would like me to do.

Any add banners get pulled or you guys just focusing on ripping apart the only big manufacturer that doesn't pay for a banner at this point? ..some edits flying around already after the phone calls..

you in deep shit man?

Of course no banners are being pulled.

Also no phone calls and no emails from a single vendor. Our partnerships have very little to do with this. After all, there were Asus, Asrock and MSI results in the thread. Oh, and Intel obviously. HWBOT didn't "leak" anything, the source is OCAholic and its source is from the public CPU-Z database entries.

I removed yours after a phone call from MSI HQ. This phone call was unrelated to your score being posted on the internet, but I made the suggestion that I could down the picture from this forum thread if they wanted that. I would have done the same if you had sent me a private message, just like I have taken down pictures upon request from Gigabyte and ASUS in the past. The five second phone conversation I had was calm and nothing was said in terms of banners, partnerships or anything else. I just explained the situation and what the options were.

Perhaps you should be a bit more respectful towards the staff here. After all, you are the one that accidentally published that validation online. The result was public. A simple private message would have sufficed. Sadly enough, instead of a polite message you're throwing bad words and accusations around.

You had a little "oops" and sometimes that happens.

I fail to see how it's Massman's fault that people put NDA CPUz validations in a public database.

I'd say it's the fault of those who put the validations in there. Everybody knows people troll through said database looking for such things before a launch, don't they?

Every one can see the leak is a secondary action. I singled out no one in my comments, nor have I placed any blame. I have nothing to hide *pun*. @ MM - I'm certain your phone calls had nothing to do with me..who am I that MSI would be contacting you..on ..what, my behalf, influence, suggestion? Its a flattering idea..surely you jest. I think there was more 'speaking for others' than there were any direct discussions. I replied via email to an initial 'wtf!?' I found in my inbox.. but things have been quiet since. I was just being an ass in my posts because I was still a bit sour over it.. or the 'principle' or being ratted out by fellow members of the community - intentional or not. Piss on my boots then apologize..dont worry, I'll still let you but me a beer some time.

*so.. how bout that 32mil?

• Crew

Yes turned out they were from there (guy who sent me the first ss didn't tell me he didn't find them by himself in the first place, we thought he was the finder). Then I refound the same valids and new ones by myself (coming soon, now ID+name is blurred).