HWBOT Community Forums

Suggest pool - to ban or not to ban ES samples

Totally bunnyed up... Pro is Pro no matter if using retail or ES. Stop crying like an women;)

In XOC there are also guyz that can spend 500$ each months or get free Hardware...others only can spend 50$ a months...

But still is same league. So bin Haswell Chips and stop crying:D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not. First I am barred from OC League and have to compete in the Pro League. Once Pro League was gone, I now have to compete in the Pro Cup. All becuase I get one non-binned ES chip per generation. Now you want to make it so people like me can't participate in even the Pro Cup.

Seriously rbuass, and I say this as someone who likes you and admires you, +1 to this:

Come on Rbuass, you're a good bencher man but every time things don't go your way we get threads like this. Just get on and bench. :)

As far as I know, average ES is still about the same like average retail. There is one specific batch that is slightly better for ES, but actually there are already a couple of 6.5G retail 3D chips floating around.

Or to put it differently: ES is not per definition better than retail. It is just about binning. Apparently 7/100 retails are 6.5G.

This discussion is ignorant, so let's hijack it with something better.

So you are saying that 7 out of 100 is 6.5G? Doing my arithmetic on that, it means 1 out of 15 is 6.5G. That isn't bad odds for binning.

This discussion is ignorant, so let's hijack it with something better.

So you are saying that 7 out of 100 is 6.5G? Doing my arithmetic on that, it means 1 out of 15 is 6.5G. That isn't bad odds for binning.

it is when that one is shipped to Russia and the other 14 to the rest of us

Did i also miss something here but how is it after only 5 days after launch you are able to say ES is better that Retail? How many retail samples do you have access to? how many have been tested?

Man you would be surprised lol

• Crew

i agree with rbauss in the sense that it is 'impossible' to compete against people who have access to 100 cpu's, but thats the whole point of PRO oc league and why im not competing in it yet :P. making it fair would mean to take out the 4 way titan stage and then vince wont have fun competing. so yea the rules are good the way they are.

just give it time retail will be better evetually like always

The problem is there are ES's and then there are 'ES's"..

Generally last bin ES's are the same stepping as the first retails and I'm talking Intel here.

I ran into this myself with my E5-2687W C1 ES 8 core cpu's

They are identical to the first retails and have no advantage over the retail chips.

Now Intel did make some C0's that had unlocked multi's and those IMHO would and should not be used except to show the possibilities of what can be done but not subbmitted for points. Call it an honor thing if you will.

That is the biggest problem I see here.

There are prople here that in the pursuit of temporary fame or whatever you call it will stop at nothing just for records.

My answer to them is what you win by cheating means nothing..

Some guys binned 100+ retails...

are you really saying that from 100+ chips tested and there is not a single one worth any salt...? I have so many questions!! What method was used to bin? what batches were tested? where is the info? an effort that big must be published somewhere right? who?

The ONLY thing that matters, long-term, is PERCEPTION.

People now associate Haswell ES as being better than retail. They can be differentiated by the (ES) tags in CPU-Z, so people are always going to wonder.

It doesn't matter if retail matures over 6 months and beats ES.

This is why ES have to be treated differently.

Everything is fine if retail is better than ES on launch day- Joe Public thinks "Yay! We have a chance!" If ES is better, there is whining UNLESS ES are going to a different league.

IMO, ES MUST be kept separate- in the Pro League. The way it was originally decided. The XOC or Enthusiast League should be ES free. ES decided by (ES,) not by stepping.

Current-gen ES yes;Last-gen ES no no no :D :D

Lolol Dennis:D

Whinning la brazil lol:p

You hide behind a computer.

Speech and ironic things about being apart, but would not be man enough to do such stupid comments in front of us.

It is a cowardly attitude of one who has nothing good to talk.

You disrespect my people again.

You did again... even after your comment was removed.

I hope Hwbot take action and you will be punished for disrespect others.

Location: Brazil ftw lol @Moose83 - I never could offend and ironize your country like you are doing...

The German people had no fault of people like you....

Edited by rbuass