HWBOT Community Forums

Fastest MFR based SuperPI 32M runs - Full out and 4G/5G

Massman

Hahaha :D

//edit: George, since I know I can trust your judgement, how much stretch is there on the MFR performance wise? Higher frequency is not going to help as you keep dragging the RTLs up too, but what about lower tCL and tWL? tRDRD should be possible at 4 with cold, I guess?

Edited by Massman

Hahaha :D

//edit: George, since I know I can trust your judgement, how much stretch is there on the MFR performance wise? Higher frequency is not going to help as you keep dragging the RTLs up too, but what about lower tCL and tWL? tRDRD should be possible at 4 with cold, I guess?

I think tighter timings would help especially at lower frequencies, but as Dumo has stated tighter is not always faster.

I could not get 3100 with those timings to pass, but the good thing about my kit is it seems to like voltage, 1.9 on air is fine so I am hoping they do well on cold.

Hiwa is correct being single sided hurts the most, but I think if you could get 4 dimms (full bank) to run it would cancel out the single sided performance hit, but I am sure the IMC would have a tough time coping with full bank, decently high mhz and tight timings (can't believe I just said tight timings and MFR in the same sentence:p).

Thinking about strapping the pot on these suckers but so much more PSC to bin atm.

i would have enjoyed some high binned dual sided samsungs rather :P

here is you go vivi,i think with proper sticks and tweaking optimal temperature and a health load of voltage DDR3-3000 9-12-12 is doable.Performance should be somewhere in 2600 cas 6 psc land,not bad,miles ahead of this damn MFR's....

rnn5.png

• Crew

nono im saying they should have kept manufacturing samsungs and getting them to higher speeds, i got a nice pair of sammies at home too. but nice scores on air guys.

anyone know what volts samsung die at? i mean im close to 2.05v on air and don't know when to stop :P

after 2v Sams stops scaling on air vivi, highest i ever boot air is 2900 C9 tight 2.05 and pass 8m, cold gave them more stability and max out close to 3ghz with nice sticks under cold -10 to -50 nothing change here with my sticks, i am more stable when normal air but i guess good temp for IC is about -10

tried them 2.2/3 Cold----Air 2.05 never killed one.

• Crew
after 2v Sams stops scaling on air vivi, highest i ever boot air is 2900 C9 tight 2.05 and pass 8m, cold gave them more stability and max out close to 3ghz with nice sticks under cold -10 to -50 nothing change here with my sticks, i am more stable when normal air but i guess good temp for IC is about -10

tried them 2.2/3 Cold----Air 2.05 never killed one.

Same here i had 0 scaling with volts on air with 3770k, but on Z87X-OC i could get 2800 9-12-12 stable with more volts. But maybe that was just platform change that helped, i will try 2.1 today to see if it yields anything, Yea sucks that they dont scale with cold... that would have been heaven

• Crew
Aren't you guys worried about your IMC at ~2V+ on air? I'm paranoid about that kind of thing. The max I've put through a Haswell IMC is 1.85V with the CPU on water. Can you degrade an IMC like that or am I being paranoid about nothing?

im part of the try and see gang :P. Then learn from my mistakes lol

Aren't you guys worried about your IMC at ~2V+ on air? I'm paranoid about that kind of thing. The max I've put through a Haswell IMC is 1.85V with the CPU on water. Can you degrade an IMC like that or am I being paranoid about nothing?

Ran some Micron PFJ on ivy bridge with 2.2 for exteneded periods,hell i forgot the platform running and went in town,woke up next day to see it was still on.Ofc no damage.Haswell tinkering with 1.9-2V on air,no biggie,guess this IMC fear is because of Nehalem bad experiences,we are already 3 generations after that ...