HWBOT Community Forums

Fastest MFR based SuperPI 32M runs - Full out and 4G/5G

Massman

Full out => best score

4G / 5G => best score, therefore best efficiency

I'm curious about these SuperPI 32M runs because there seems to be a battle going on for the best MFR based SuperPI 32M runs.

i think its more just superpi to test out staiblity of MFR overclocks, lol

I could be wrong tho

Edited by sin0822

MFR is the AMD of the memory sticks. High clock - no performance.

Bingo. Typing up a review on the 2933 G.Skill kit. Results are disappointing. They are designed for high frequency and nothing else. They fail to do the one thing a more expensive, higher-rated kit should do - increase performance. However, for people that enjoy memory clocking, they're a heck of a lot of fun.

So it depends on your goal. If you want better benchmark times, look elsewhere. If you want zomg memory frequency, go MFR.

Price performance figures must be aweful. For some high-clock 4x4GB high density kits you're paying well over €1000, with not a single bit more performance. In fact, more money brings lower performance.

I have a strong urge to fill the "rant about reviews"-thread with a list of all sites that recommend these MFR based memory kits :D

If I was running a GPU setup with 12GB+ of graphics RAM, 4x4GB or more of capable system RAM has a place.....but ermagherd.... not at 1000 euros. Not even $1000.

What about people NOT running their memory under LN2? How do xFR sticks shape up against PSC & BBSE? The story changes, right?