HWBOT Community Forums

New voltage measuring method

bartx

I came up idea of new voltage measuring method. It's really tiny voltmeter, which is built in lcd poster. It has three wires - GND, VCC (5-30V) and measuring wire (0-30V). GND of course has to be common. Mounted in on P5E3 Deluxe and it works great. Accuracy is very good too - on 7900GS I had 1.282v on DMM and 1.27V on this poster. Here is the picture, how it looks placed on P5E3. It's powered from 8-pin ATX connector.

DSC_4144_zps6931e489.jpg~original

Edited by bartx

I ordered from these http://www.ebay.com/itm/400579000910?var=670143131642&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 some time ago, because most of the sellers were not shipping to Bulgaria. A little bit more expensive though.

Still waiting for the package.

PS: Don't buy these, 1% accuracy, 1 digit after the decimal sign.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys.

Some time ago bought these Voltmeters ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/310862159064?var=610236090264&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 ) from Ebay. Finally, received them yesterday.

Have been testing them on a Sapphire HD5770 Vapor-X, but only got "1V" readings, no fluctuation from there (static 1V). On testing points the DMM shows 1.28V.

rfvpASW.jpgeBrWh6B.jpg

Have I connected something wrong? Tested more that 1 voltmeter and the result is the same

Black (Ground)

Red (12V)

White (Measurement)

Thanks for reading :).

No, throw these in the trash. They have 1% accuracy, which means 1 digit after the decimal sign.

You have a potentiometer on the back side to adjust the reading according to DMM, but from 1.16 to 1.25 it will show 1.2, from 1.26 to 1.35 it will show 1.3 and so on.

I got fooled from a seller's picture and description, but fortunately got a refund afterwards, because the info was wrong. They have corrected it since then.

Look for 0.1% accuracy or better.

Otherwise you can connect red line to any 3 to 28V source.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

No, throw these in the trash. They have 1% accuracy, which means 1 digit after the decimal sign.

You have a potentiometer on the back side to adjust the reading according to DMM, but from 1.16 to 1.25 it will show 1.2, from 1.26 to 1.35 it will show 1.3 and so on.

I got fooled from a seller's picture and description, but fortunately got a refund afterwards, because the info was wrong. They have corrected it since then.

Look for 0.01% accuracy or better.

Is possible for you to share the link of those voltmods? Really is a shame :(.

Thanks