HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Rev.4 - The Plan.

Massman

The solution to 389 posts of "you're an evil corporate bitch" is quite easy:

- Team League = as it is now

- new PowerTeam League = only best scores count

This way you can see the team thrust in the normal league and the true quality (assuming quality equals higher score) in the PowerTeam League.

yes to this!

innovative and non destructive, now your talking :D

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ chew* what can I say man, romdominances hands are getting old and arthritis riddled ;) ROFL . Regardless of what happen we used our backup card only after that point so it didnt matter. I was benching 2d at that point so I have to take my partners word.

PS you can ask brian for that card if youd like, we took one of brianY/goemelers cards instead

has nothing to do with "smart". All to do with ownership and where the site is situated.

Ownership of what? If say Gigabyte wants to put up a banner, they'll look for a site that has most people from their target frequenting that site - and that is/was/will be HWBot. Doesn't matter if the site is situated in Denmark, since people from all over the world are here. And if they really want, any advertising campaing can be set so that it only targets people from a specific country - again, not ruling out HWBot.

Well, I think it's not good to split +0 and -0.

If you look at a processor with ~30 competitors.

If 15 participants bench +0 and 15 participants -0, there will be not much Points for this processor anymore.

And for example at most Socket A processors there are not much -0 participants. So there will be not much points for benching them subzero -> no motivation.

Another problem would be to proof that the result was made +0.

At some Processors you can see easily (Core i7 6GHz etc.)

but if you look at Socket A processors for example, some processors can reach frequencies under air/water easily that other chips need dice for.

Example:

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1035565_benchbruno_cpu_z_athlon_xp_2500_barton_2785.4_mhz

(Dice, not good chip)

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1042927_benchbruno_cpu_z_athlon_xp_2500_barton_2817.65_mhz

(water cooling, good chip)

there are even more extreme examples; I've seen ~3,3GHz Barton submissions with air cooling.

I hope I understood the new things right and I hope you understand my english ;)

To me the "pro" league is OK, I am not crazy about the idea but I can live with.

The "more than 0' league is nonsense, you want to erase HW sharing but you create an other suspicion subject :/

The best score only gives score for the team : I don't like it that much as well, I don't see how it will prevent for Sharing as I am not sure that most of the members care about the team but more about their own personal amount of points

The best score only gives score for the team : I don't like it that much as well, I don't see how it will prevent for Sharing as I am not sure that most of the members care about the team but more about their own personal amount of points

I also think so.

Well it looks often like the HW is given through the team, but I think they do it just for their personal amount of Points and not for the team points.

I think the sharing is often between Team Members because this are the people that know each other. So giving just one time Team Points will not end this.

• Administrators
To me the "pro" league is OK, I am not crazy about the idea but I can live with.

The "more than 0' league is nonsense, you want to erase HW sharing but you create an other suspicion subject :/

+1

That´s exactly my opinion- wouldn´t prevent sharing and cheating but destroy a workinmg system and a lot of teams+ offer new forms of cheating( sending pretested hardware to LN2 benchers within a team for climbing up the rankings)

the international nature of the site might actually be a limiting factor if the sponsoring company puts the site in the basket of the local marketing budget.

HWBot owner -> Belgium -> Benelux budget -> tiny compared to US/UK/DE/TW

:(

HWBot has year over year +94% more visitors

+125% more pageviews and +11% more new visitors

at this rate they'll surpass 2 million page views a month easily next year, which should give some good CPM for banner ads from small and big companies

they could also look into hiring an advertising company to do all advertising for them, thereby splitting the operational half (Massman, RB and others) from the monetary half (advertising)

making sure one doesn't influence the other.

So why not offer customized and targeted marketing to companies based on the users chosen country in their profile. For instance Greece has a large hardware store (I cant remember the exact name) which sometimes sponsors OC events. They could purchase a banner ad that would only be seen by greek users. This way you can sell the same ad space 50 times for different countries/regoins. Or allow the advertiser to choose a specific region. Like Eastern Europe or Western Europe, or Asia. Base the cost on how many ppl they will reach. Thus they can target their specific market, and hwbot can sell more ads, without actually adding more banner space.

OK i lied one last post.

@ chew* what can I say man, romdominances hands are getting old and arthritis riddled ;) ROFL . Regardless of what happen we used our backup card only after that point so it didnt matter. I was benching 2d at that point so I have to take my partners word.

PS you can ask brian for that card if youd like, we took one of brianY/goemelers cards instead

Fair enough man I burnt cards myself, just say hey I messed up though.

the more I look the more I see the HWsharing problem this is pretty crappy.

All same team

Now your starting to see it ;)

Now I know this is not proof of anything against anyone nor is it intended to be.

Consider it as proof that

A. there is a problem

or

B. I was smoking crack and messaging myself on 2 seperate instances at 2 diff time or possibly dates.

123.jpg

456.jpg

Edited by chew*

Ownership of what? If say Gigabyte wants to put up a banner, they'll look for a site that has most people from their target frequenting that site - and that is/was/will be HWBot. Doesn't matter if the site is situated in Denmark, since people from all over the world are here. And if they really want, any advertising campaing can be set so that it only targets people from a specific country - again, not ruling out HWBot.

in a perfect world it would work like that; however how it now works:

company asks site where they are located;

redirects them to local PR

OK i lied one last post.

Fair enough man I burnt cards myself, just say hey I messed up though.

Now your starting to see it ;)

Now I know this is not proof of anything against anyone nor is it intended to be.

Consider it as proof that

A. there is a problem

or

B. I was smoking crack and messaging myself on 2 seperate instances at 2 diff time or possibly dates.

123.jpg

456.jpg

I didnt say that he did or didnt man ;)

lol what is funny is the other board I took home from the compo didnt work and had to be rma'd and the other contest board had been retimmed, thought they were supposed to be new.

I dont get what the IM is saying, can you clear it up?

I didnt say that he did or didnt man ;)

lol what is funny is the other board I took home from the compo didnt work and had to be rma'd and the other contest board had been retimmed, thought they were supposed to be new.

I dont get what the IM is saying, can you clear it up?

Hmm I keep lying and responding but since this is civil now.........

hmm that is weird, should have been new. I will keep that in mind next time and have contestants double check everything in future events i help with, thanks for heads up.

Yah sure man to sum up its a conversation about this thread,

One person is admitting offences of his own team alot of it in high detail ( not included in those pics ) which is edited to protect everyone.

Other is suggesting he talk to Hwbot at which the response is "like hwbot doesn't already know whats going on"

At which point the bottom line is mentioned that without a personal confession nothing can be done about it.

Edited by chew*

Should of reported it like a good member instead of keeping it secret like a sneeky bastard.

As you said yourself chew*, you have to set a good example. A few players are the problem, not the system. If anything this new system would promote cheating, just in a different way.

________

OXYCONTIN REHAB DICUSSION

Edited by El Gappo

I am not impressed.

As someone who plans to bench subambient occasionally, I still would love to compete in both leagues, or at least have my points.

I am a newbie, but I would love to learn and compete!

Plus, I feel this decreases the community effort, as at OCN we all bench for OCN, we help eachother, it is all in good humor!

Can we have a poll?

Should of reported it like a good member instead of keeping it secret like a sneeky bastard.

As you said yourself chew*, you have to set a good example. A few players are the problem, not the system. If anything this new system would promote cheating, just in a different way.

Unfortunately it appears to set a good example you have to be the A hole, kind of makes setting a good example a moot point.

I did report it before any mention was made here. It has been discussed in depth with people that can be trusted.

Bottom line it's heresay unless that person chooses to come forward.

Dropping names/teams would have a negative impact based on heresay only.

Edited by chew*

Unfortunately it appears to set a good example you have to be the A hole, kind of makes setting a good example a moot point.

I did report it before any mention was made here. It has been discussed in depth with people that can be trusted.

Bottom line it's heresay unless that person chooses to come forward.

Dropping names/teams would have a negative impact based on heresay only.

Fair enough mate. Without A-holes nothing would get done lol, sometimes it just takes that name drop but I trust you've done the right thing on this one.

________

DEMEROL REHAB DICUSSION

Edited by El Gappo

123.jpg

456.jpg

Option B it is bro, you're scorn for OCA stomping your ass in the rankings after all that shit talking about how it couldnt be done has made you see things you think exist but don't. Granted, rick's little joke pm to you suggesting you join the winning team didn't help relations between xs and oca but for you to go crying to Fugger about it like a little girl was uncalled for. Rick took his ban from xs for it and we had a good long discussion about the shit talking and pm's. Then you tell everyone that the reason XS lost 1st place is because we reported all your scores when it was the other way around. You shit talk splave and tell people you've benched with him in the past and he's an asshole when you never saw the guy once before in your life. On and On your shitlog goes. We've tried to play nice with you guys and be good community members.

You have no evidence, you have no proof that OCA engaged in this elaborate hardware sharing scheme because it never took place. We clarrified the hardware sharing rules with both Massman and Frederick and played by those rules while everyone else played by a different set of rules.

And now, everyday you seek some sorta retribution by slandering our Team's name every chance you get. You've shit talk us to every person in the business since then. I know these things because the whole time you're yapping your mouth to these people, they were giving me the play by play because we all got a kick outa you spinning your wheels.

Go back to criminal law summer school rookie, you've gots loads more to learn about interviewing a witness.

This is it, I tried to keep shit cool, but this is the last time anyone from OCA address' your foundless claims of purported mystical mischief. Post your double rainbow pics and screenshots and do whatever gets you off.

You are officially on the Team OCA Ignore CHROLL List, you won't walk anymore of our goats buddy ;). Well maybe a few more goats.......

Kal

Edited by HawaiiSuperman

Im really sick of hearing the words "Fighter", "Warrior", etc etc in overclocking competitions and leagues.

They sound ridiculous and have nothing to do with using a PC or competing in OCing.

Please please please do not call the top league "Ultimate Fighter League" - something more like "Ultimate Overclocker League" is more appropriate

Im really sick of hearing the words "Fighter", "Warrior", etc etc in overclocking competitions and leagues.

They sound ridiculous and have nothing to do with using a PC or competing in OCing.

Please please please do not call the top league "Ultimate Fighter League" - something more like "Ultimate Overclocker League" is more appropriate

you forgot to add REDONKYLESS :)

________

Rolling A Joint

Edited by uncle fester