HWBOT Community Forums

[Overclocking Support Thread] MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TE

Cant get to formatting drives, got there once then i couldnt select drive. Then I powered down put in usb2.0 pcie card and then i just kept getting errors when selecting which version of tiny xp. Then more issues.

Have gotten to select processor mps multi than ran into error.

Tried putting into ide. Still got bsod took off ide and getting 00000007b again....

Tried swapping sata ports.... still bsod... after is says.. starting windows...

Cant get to formatting drives, got there once then i couldnt select drive. Then I powered down put in usb2.0 pcie card and then i just kept getting errors when selecting which version of tiny xp. Then more issues.

Have gotten to select processor mps multi than ran into error.

Tried putting into ide. Still got bsod took off ide and getting 00000007b again....

Tried swapping sata ports.... still bsod... after is says.. starting windows...

I would just forgot about it. BIOS is not ACPI so you need to use MPS Multiprocessor as Sam said but it only support 4 threads and has poor performance...

Yeah doing mps multi everytime. It bsods after it says setup is starting windows.

32m only uses 1core!

Do i have win 7 mode on or off? Ide or achi, and if i use my usb2.0 card what sata port does the diskdrive and hard drive need to be in?

How do I turn on PS/2 also? I tried to use a usb to ps/2 incase I could get back to picking what partition but it doesnt respond

Anyways, if I have to hold off on xp. Is 7 or 10 better for xtu?

Yeah doing mps multi everytime. It bsods after it says setup is starting windows.

32m only uses 1core!

Do i have win 7 mode on or off? Ide or achi, and if i use my usb2.0 card what sata port does the diskdrive and hard drive need to be in?

How do I turn on PS/2 also? I tried to use a usb to ps/2 incase I could get back to picking what partition but it doesnt respond

Anyways, if I have to hold off on xp. Is 7 or 10 better for xtu?

Yes but I think perf is still bunnyextraction with MPS Multiprocessor, @Sam OCX correct me if I'm wrong.

Sam has better knowledge than me on MSI Z170 + XP, I really didn't bother.

We need ACPI compliant BIOS but I doubt it will ever happen on MSI due to manpower resources.

EDIT: Win10 is better for XTU.

For Win XP, you need to use ASMEDIA SATA ports (7/8) with IDE mode enabled and integrate drivers in your ISO.

Win7 Installation option will enable PS/2 emulation for USB ports, so if you use USB keyboard to install Win7 or XP you will need this.

When this option is enable PS/2 port and USB storage will not work.

Edited by pepinorang

Wow, great mem results! But awful lot of voltage for some of the aircooled tests. 1.92V aircooled? Doesn't it risk instant kill? I think I have both E- and D-samsung. Will have to try.

So far kit handled it like a champ!

If you are afraid thought, lower cas will need less voltage ;) See below screenshots.

@Sam OCX said 1800 CL10 Aircooled should be even possible if BIOS had more than 2.2v which I'll make happen soon :P

1800 CL15 1.39v: 1800c15_139v_32mg1utu.png

1800 CL14 1.47v: 1800c14_147v_32mwdug8.png

1800 CL13 1.57v: 1800c13_157v_32m_tighbeuh9.png

1800 CL12 1.73v: 1800c12_173v_32m_tigh1nuea.png

Edited by pepinorang

Guest Bullant
3600c11 Ripjaws. 1.87v. Didn't try trimming vDIMM, 1st two sticks out of the pack, not tested each stick individually.

pi_zpse4szodoq.png

Nice,Can't see all timings on my phone but cl11 3600 air! I would like to get some of these memory's!

Nice thread btw

Edited by Bullant

I didn't need as much as i did, not had time to check for minimum.

did 3600c12@1.73 but that voltage was just pulled from the front page. 1.87 for c11 was just a shot in the dark. (also benched both CB when at c12)

tried c10 up to 2v, no joy, same with 11-17-17.

got a dual kit coming end of week and also a dual 3600c17

actual voltage at 1.9v set in bios reads 1.906 on MM for me.

Rauf -- why PLL OC @ 1.5v?

Edited by Doug2507