HWBOT Community Forums

HWT North America 2016: Who's coming ?

Trouffman

• Crew

Fellow overclockers,

The HWBOT World Tour 2016 is spreading through the world and will stop once again in Montreal for the official North America Stop. Since most of you are hyped about it, let's make sure this event deserves a thread with all logistical and organisational informations.

banner-wt2016-NA.png

Infos for HWBOT World Tour 2016 – North America - Montreal: LanETS

Tickets for HWBOT World Tour 2016 – North America - Montreal: LanETS

1. Who is going ?

2. World Tour or freestyle only ?

3. Who can assist for the OC Workshop ?

4. Transport mode ? Bringing Dewar ?

5. Are you ready to share place / room for sleeping ?

How to get to the event?

Montreal is accessible by bus, train, plane, or car. Especially as this year location is RIGHT at a bus station and train station location, no excuse :D

By bus:

There are 2 bus station (both downtown): Main bus station (Berry UQAM) and Gare Centrale (Place Bonaventure), right where the event will be, so we suggest that you take this one if you have the choice.

Tickets and Info: busbud.com

By plane:

YUL airport is the only one. The bus navette is pretty efficient, runs 24/7, and costs CAD $9 which gives you a day-journey on all buses and metro.

Taxi from airport is about CAD $45 & so far UBER/LYFT cannot pick you up there.

Tickets and info: hipmunk.com & google.com/flights.

By train:

Usually a bit more expensive than bus. The main train station is Gare Centrale (Bonaventure) and is right where the event will be.

Tickets and info: viarail.com.

By car:

6h from New York City or Toronto. Google maps is your friend!

The event is at a new, bigger location this year and is also more Downtown, there are parking space available (paid) at the event location : http://placebonaventure.com/en/our-services/parking/

Accomodation

Hostel : http://www.hihostels.ca/quebec/177/HI-Montr%C3%A9al.hostel

>> depending how many people we should just rent a complete room there jsut for the overclockers.

Airbnb : https://www.airbnb.ca/s/montreal?checkin=15-04-2016&checkout=18-04-2016&guests=4&zoom=16&search_by_map=true&sw_lat=45.49320767911061&sw_lng=-73.57014075332654&ne_lat=45.50279040722965&ne_lng=-73.55726615005506&ss_id=8iqquht5

Participating = bought tickets already

Participating:

marc0053

Interested:

cjgdsgrc50

xxbassplayerxx

filmbot

WhiteWulfe

GtiJason

Splave

Gunslinger - Tour

der8auer

Strongisland

Rasparthe

Interested for Accomodation @Hostel ?

marc0053

Rasparthe

Edited by Trouffman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely interested, but I'll have to see if I can manage the costs. $600 plane ticket is something I'll have to contemplate.

EDIT: Okay, that's hilarious, it's almost the same cost to fly as it is to take Greyhound. Two and a half days on a bus versus four hours on a plane for at most a $200 savings. No point in checking VIA because it takes even longer than Greyhound, and would only get me there halfway through the competition. Darn, flying is the only option, hmmm.

Edited by WhiteWulfe

I'm still interested but there are quite a few variables on my end.

1. I may be moving in the near future... change in city, job, lifestyle, etc.

2. I will be flying standby (fiance works for United Airlines), meaning I might not even make it on the flight

3. Cost may be an issue... hopefully not but it's possible... I did just buy a diamond that set me back a fair amount

I won't know until much closer to the date. :/

Not 100% final, but more than likely will go.

1. Who is going ? Gunslinger

2. World Tour or freestyle only ? Both

3. Who can assist for the OC Workshop ? Yes

4. Transport mode ? Bringing Dewar ? Driving my truck, yes, can bring 4x

5. Are you ready to share place / room for sleeping ? Don't have arrangements yet

1. Who is going? Will very likely be there as well. Set aside the date anyway, unless something major comes up.

2. World Tour or freestyle only ? Both

3. Who can assist for the OC Workshop ? Yes

4. Transport mode ? Bringing Dewar ? Car, will bring dewar

5. Are you ready to share place / room for sleeping ? Unknown accomodation arrangements

Edited by Rasparthe

It's definitely tempting, but I'm still looking at finances to see if it's possible to go or not. Work did make it easier by giving me a third week of vacation due to being with them for over four years though!

1. Who is going ? I'm currently at "tentative, but definitely want to go"

2. World Tour or freestyle only ? If I go, I'm gunning for world tour, even if all I can afford to bring is my LGA 775 stuff!

3. Who can assist for the OC Workshop ? I'm not the best of teachers, but I'd be willing to help out.

4. Transport mode ? Bringing Dewar ? I'd be flying over, and I don't own a dewar.

5. Are you ready to share place / room for sleeping ?

• Crew

So I checked a bit around for hotels, airbnb etc.

I found an hostel nearby my place - it is about 40CAD /night/person with breakfast included and a block away from the event.

We can (and should) have a complete dormitory for the overclockers (6 to 10 ppl), so it is safe for the stuff.

If at least 6 of you guys are interested, I will arrange something with the Hostel and you will be able to book there directly, all in the same dormitory ;) - Who's in ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
GYwQZBp.png

ouch! poor canada!

when is last day to buy tickets? maybe I will have mike pick me up on the way

I like this idea, I think Milwaukee is probably a couple hours out of the way though. Flights are expensive out of here and not looking to drive 2+ hours to O Hare in the Chi

1. Who is going? Wiggles 5289, Interested depending on finances before I get the tickets.

2. World Tour or freestyle only? Why not both?

3. Who can assist for the OC Workshop? Sure.

4. Transport mode ? Bringing Dewar? Car with 2x Dewars

5. Are you ready to share place / room for sleeping? I might get a 2 bed hotel room to share.

1. Who is going? Wiggles 5289, Interested depending on finances before I get the tickets.

2. World Tour or freestyle only? Why not both?

4. Transport mode ? Bringing Dewar? Car with 2x Dewars

5. Are you ready to share place / room for sleeping? I might get a 2 bed hotel room to share.

Where do you live Wiggles?

Where do you live Wiggles?

If there is room in your truck for me take a look at the route you'de be taking. Pretty sure Milwaukee is out of the way but I could drive to meet up somewhere that isn't as long as its got long term parking or something, like an airport. No worries if you're full already. I would be down to stay wherever, hostel, hotel etc. And obviously willing to pay my share for fuel and room & board. Just trying to figure out if I should be getting a passport since I don't already have one

1. Who is going? GtiJason, Interested depending on transportation and total cost

2. World Tour or freestyle only? Tour most likely but still open on this

4. Transport mode ? Bringing Dewar? Still looking, have a good 20L Dewar

5. Are you ready to share place / room for sleeping? Share hotel room, airbnb or hostel

Not sure how many guys I can fit though.

10996007_10204107480030437_8329138096216574346_o_zpsr5lp5ssl.jpg

Haha, nice whip ! About 200 gallons of preminum fuel each way. Not to mention the required milage maintainance package for $20k for driving 2500 miles. Don't worry the car will send this info to the dealer whom will void your warranty if not done within 30 days. "Sorry pal, I've already let you pass on the stem lube but I legally can't let you drive off without the Lambo platinum wheel weights"