HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

That chip sounds pretty bad. I'd say 4.7-5.0 air then go cold

If your chip can go 5g and atleast 1.5v or less and hwbotprime stable, i'd say go go on ln2 :)

Here's my chip 1 out of 3

cool thanks guys, I know that's been the case in general with skylake, was just hoping for a miracle, but this one is the worst chip I have ever really tested on air, dont really have enough money to bin a lot, but I got another 6100 to test tonight.

I really want to finally use this board but just no great chips, might finally invest in binned chip.

Wow dj that cpu looks amazing, so jealous, haha

Hey guys, has anyone tested an i3 on air that was terrible but ended up being ok on ln2. The new chip I got barely did 4.3 hwbot prime on air maxed out. Is it worth trying on ln2? My good i3 does 4.8 hwbot prime air and 6.1 ln2. Was just hoping someone had a dog on air that ended up being good

Your good i3 does 4.8 HWBPrm on air, what is the vcore? Is this factoty sealed ihs or delidded, sorry so many questions just trying to guage if my i3 6300 is worth delidding. Just tested HWBPrm and it passes 4900mhz with 1.46-1.465v Full Win 7 64bit on AIO stock lid. Id imagine 5.0g is doable (1.485v failed) but chip runs crazy hot even stock and probably needs 1.515v to get there.

Guest barbonenet

Nice Guide bro!

These are my setting:

::Cold Bug Killer Settings

LLC 1

1.65 VCORE

1.4 VCCIO

1.25 VCCSA

1.651 CPU PLL Voltage

1.4 VCCPLL

AUTO ColdBugKillerVolt

AUTO DMI Voltage

in windows after -150

1.95 VCORE

1.4 VCCIO

1.25 VCCSA

1.651 CPU PLL Voltage

1.4 VCCPLL

2.405v ColdBugKillerVolt

1.651v DMI Voltage

no CB ;)

About RTLs, they will change when we change cooling from air to ln2, will be a step or two tighter.

Amazing board ;)

Edited by barbonenet

Your good i3 does 4.8 HWBPrm on air, what is the vcore? Is this factoty sealed ihs or delidded, sorry so many questions just trying to guage if my i3 6300 is worth delidding. Just tested HWBPrm and it passes 4900mhz with 1.46-1.465v Full Win 7 64bit on AIO stock lid. Id imagine 5.0g is doable (1.485v failed) but chip runs crazy hot even stock and probably needs 1.515v to get there.

I think it was probably around 1.45v. To be honest I had already delidded it and I had paste on there for ln2 clocking and I made the gap a little bigger with tape so I'm pretty sure my temps were terrible for air so its probably a bad chip to compare to.

From now on I will test before delidding, but the 4.8 chip does 6.1hwbot prime. I only have 6.0 on profile but it passed at 6.1 but I ran out of ln2 and the save file crashed.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3172637_strong_island_hwbot_prime_core_i3_6320_5554.24_pps

See for me it's different. If I can only get 2 chips then I will try them on ln2 no matter what they do on air. I don't have a huge selection so I cant really be picky and it really only takes a couple liters to do a full mhz test on i3 for hwbot prime.

Either way that sounds like an awesome chip and if it scales like mine it should easily do 6.0+

Edited by Strong Island

or maybe my kit is not good enough...i set 2.0v but still not boot..

I've tried 5 kit's of B die on MOCF, all of them have been waza stable 4000 c12 1t and 49/50/6/6 rtls. The biggest thing is they all need different voltages. Obviously dram v (1.785-1.9v bios) but sa and io is different on all of them (sa volt 0.250-0.350) (io volt 0.200-0.350)

• Like 1

Guest Bullant

You guys can try 49-49 rtls too,just start at 3866 with rtls,iols @ 49-49-6-5 and blck up to what ever your limit is,not sure on its full eff but worth testing it on xtu as well for those guy that can only do say 3900mhz.Same thing if imc not up to it try little cold on CPU

With cl12 twcl9^

Edited by Bullant

one new issue...when i do copy waza, one of my kit got bluescreen even i push the volt. to 2.0v while this kit can boot at 1.85v and finish 32m without waza. what's wrong with it?[emoji29][emoji29]

从我的 iPhone å‘é€ï¼Œä½¿ç”¨ Tapatalk

Oh B die you son of a gun. I was playing around last night with a kit that's 4133c12 50/51/5/5 waza stable and couldn't even get XTU to run at any relaxed rtl settings that are more . Tried 51/51/5/4 ... 51/52/3/3 ... 51/52/4/4 ... 50/51/6/6 nothing. Win 10 32 bit, but unable to access msconfig