HWBOT Community Forums

Is it really OLD SCHOOL?

max1024

Yes, after so many competitions covering this HW in past few years... it is boring for me and possibly others as well.

I don't own any s370 WRs - it is quite simple actually. I have no decent s370 modded board nor 200+ MHz capable SDRAM and after all no above-average PIII. Also I'm using only air/water cooling (and TEC in very few subs)... which is simply not good enough for WR on most CPUs after socket 7.

Btw - stuff I know nothing about? That is a bold statement. Maybe you could try something other than pouring LN2 on PIII... like beating this for example havli`s SuperPi - 32M score: 5h 18min 11sec 842ms with a Pentium MMX 166Mhz Is it old school enough? :D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like beating this for example havli`s SuperPi - 32M score: 5h 18min 11sec 842ms with a Pentium MMX 166Mhz Is it old school enough? :D

you really think i cant beat this?

superpi32 on socket7? lol....you can run some another ultraintresting test for 0 ppl and put it for example.

if i start bench s7 on pentium i beat all wrs, for me its not intresting after i beat 1m wr on s7 1st run....i just stop and losе interest. man...i run it once....one damn superpi1m and take wr . this wrs is nothing, like all nowdays benching.

Edited by gradus

you really think i cant beat this?

superpi32 on socket7? lol....you can run some another ultraintresting test for 0 ppl and put it for example.

if i start bench s7 on pentium i beat all wrs, for me its not intresting after i beat 1m wr on s7 1st run....i just stop and losе interest. man...i run it once....one damn superpi1m and take wr . this wrs is nothing, like all nowdays benching.

Talk is cheap man. Pretty sure he just challenged you. Put up or shut up time. Just sayin....

I don't know - noone was able to beat that score for 3 years now. And with all due respect - you have no 32M submissions on socket 7. Mastering this platform is not so easy, so I don't think you can. ;)

For me 32M @ socket 7 is much more interesting than anything s370. Just a different personal preference, just as LGA 771 vs "the true old school stuff".

Btw - all 3 your s7 1M WR (wow, that much... :P) are in category that has 0, 1 and 3 competititors respectively. Not so much of a challenge really.

bcz im intresting only in socket results(im trying beat best socket7 supepi1m on hwbot and beat it 1st run), not cpu. and not intresting in 32m.

ok, if i beat this score you stop overclocking and go away bcz you know nothing, agree? you delete account and go away.

And if you don't then you will do the same?

No, this is nonsense. The thing is - you are stuck in PC world like 10 years ago and refuse to adapt. And everyone who has a different opinion on this is a lesser being for you... I don't like that attitude, most people don't.

Just be cool and stop bunnying around because you don't like stuff newer than 10 years and consider it non-skill. I don't like a lot of stuff either... but do you (or anyone) see me spamming BS, complaining or calling other people n00bs just because they enjoy competitions containing stuff like highly binned 6950X CPUs and zombie modded Titan GPUs?

Not at all. I respect what other people enjoy and so should you.

Overclocking is so complex that noone can know everything to the smallest details. I'm sure most of todays best ranked overclockers are not very familiar with OC'ing things like Slot A Athlon... still I'm not calling them as "know nothing". See the point?

And if you don't then you will do the same?

yes, why not? its intresting and im do all i can. dat overcloking.

you say that i cant, i think i can. why not? i told you why, bcz you know this result is nothing and even i never benching s7 32m know that this easy to beat. its not 140fsb(not even 135), its not ln2 etc. i run 4m on 140fsb air, i know 150 pos on s7...just noone bench hard.

this result just good 166 and that all. only 166 cpu, no good mobo or cooling...you just run test and give this to me and said that i can beat...next i run normal, bench normal, take 4m+ and what? i want bets. you not pass bcz know i win this.

Overclocking is so complex that noone can know everything to the smallest details. I'm sure most of todays best ranked overclockers are not very familiar with OC'ing things like Slot A Athlon... still I'm not calling them as "know nothing". See the point?

yes its complex, but every overclocker need to do many things like in "old school" days, not buy pot from kingpin and put ln2 to it. or know how to start superpi...or whait...xtu.

he need to know how to do all stuff from begining to top. take every socket and without friend make top result himself doing all itself. and if he cant do result on slotA he is nothing, he is not overclocker or bencher...just buttons pusher and stupid points.

im waching for overclocking like 15y and last years no progress, no competition, nothing. how many ppl reach -200 with ln2? noone....new ideas?....no....its just stupid....

Oh c'mon guys ! You've completely stucked around is it oldschool or not. It's very subjective anyway. You mentioned that how boring and one-sided overclocking nowadays. I have good news ! There's a competition around highly tuned 771 quads and a lot of soft modded quadros ! :P

the answer is this ...its quite simple for all , unless you have a reading disability, or maybe something more drastic...

either get into it or dont bother complaining with bullshit

no one is twisting your arms to be involved in it......so if youre not going to be a player in it , why not leave it to those that are without the continual habitual bloody whinge about what is and what isnt... the scene has been set for the comp by BOT, like it or lump it, compete or dont, if you dont, no one will care anyway.

NOW ....either put up or shut up !!!!

Mods plz look as the allowed cards:

this is a list of the allowed cards from the engine :

[G96 GL core] Quadro FX 380, Quadro FX 580[G94 GL core] Quadro FX 1800[G92 GL core] Quadro FX 3700, Quadro VX 200, Quadro FX 4700 X2, Quadro Plex 2100 D4[G86 GL core] Quadro NVS 290 (DDR2 64bit PCI-E), Quadro NVS 290 (DDR2 128bit PCI-E), Quadro NVS 290 (DDR2 64bit PCI), Quadro NVS 290 (GDDR3 64bit PCI-E)[G84 GL core] Quadro FX 570, Quadro FX 1700 (DDR2), Quadro FX 370, Quadro FX 1700 (GDDR3)[G80 GL core] Quadro FX 4600, Quadro FX 5600, Quadro Plex 2100 S4, Quadro Plex 1000 Model IV[G70 GL core] Quadro FX 4500, Quadro FX 4500 X2, Quadro FX 4500 SDI, Quadro Plex 1000 Model II

i found this by uploading the score from my second card.

delete the x2 versions plz , this ar dual gpu cards

• Administrators

We can, but I am not sure this makes sense anymore as database masters do want to change handling of vgas from vendor specification at which it is sold to mere specs specification. So I am out of this anyway, ask the guys who handle the hardware classification at database please :)

I found a major flaw in round 3, it sais any Matrox card, so in theory the C900, which is a rebranded HD 7750 (with more HDMI ports) would be allowed (there are enough 478 Boards with pcie) but I think that a DX 12 card shoudn't be legal in a oldscholl setting... LGA 771 is one thing, but cards that support the newest graphics API are a whole different level :(

I think I might be able to get one to bench from a guy who runs a mobile disco (I know he runs some matrox cards) and sice the videowalls they use are 3x3 there is a decent chance that it is a C900... So better ban it before I meet him the next time :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

No mobile disco equipment allowed :P

I checked the results, had to block or remove some mainly because of missing background or small errors, but the result now is OK for me.

Grats to all participants for showing lots of enthusiasm and especially to the winners :D

I would have expected some very clear pictures of all those Quadro's ... in this round-1.

I've only seen a few of them , showing the sticker with model and s/n.

I've used stock cooler only for a fast test after vmod. :)

Competition turned much harder than I expected it before start ! Big grats to all ! We can see some really solid sub ! :ws: