HWBOT Community Forums

Sharing Hardware its legit on the same Team ?

Guest Ximi

That's is the question ....

I see some thing on hardware Sharing , some Teams practique that.

Moderate Several times ....

If I see it on submission's can I reported that ?

Thank's !!

Example?

As far as I'm aware hardware sharing isn't allowed (on active components)

Members Xevi Piu , Dani Dacosa , Natanael , say that its legit on teams from elite and french.

Tell me that its allowed on Facebook , and They practique it , so your results on CPU the same and VideoCards or RAM , dificult for reported.

They saying here : https://www.facebook.com/natanael.polonio?pnref=lhc.friends

I am Joaquin and reported it , they say that its allowed and practique.

Teams suspicius are Spanish OC and Team OCX.

I think people can use the same cpu for 3d benches, and the same gpus for 2d benches type thing.

But you can't share the same 'active' component (cpu for 2d and gpu for 3d).

I believe this is the rule as well. It's rather ironic though, considering that the CPU, e.g. a golden 7700K, is arguably more important for legacy 3D than the GPU.

• Administrators

The rules are quite clear on this

VGA may not be shared for VGA benchmarks.

CPU may not be shared for CPU benchmarks.

3.2E of general rules, you can not use same cpu to submit same benchmark for two different users (spi 32m for example) but if the cpu is used to bench 3d benchmarks like fire strike and each member uses his own videocard, this is OK. As said above, it is the category and benchmark you submit to that defines this, same cpu for same 2d benchmark disallowed, same cpu as base of 3d benchmark with different videocards is allowed

HWBOT General Rules and Guidelines

The question its on Spain , live on diferent locations , not sesions ...

And they thinking its legal Board shared or CPU and RAM ... How demostrates it ? So dificult but they thinking on it.

Spain not clear ... :(

As Suzuki said.

I am pretty sure that there is no real way to find out who is using and what.

Unless someone is so naïve to post same pictures.

And since there is no real way to monitor almost anything, reporting and moderation is mostly based on experience of the moderators.

In the meantime, most members of the enthusiast league play on ice buckets or hidden chillers ( PKBO - I7-7700K - 5.7ghz CBR15 on WATER - 1.7v ).

And you are talking about HW sharing.

Even punishments are based on suspicions or sense of cheating, rather than plain mathematical proof.

There are multiple reasons for the current situation.

Not the time, thread or even place to analyze.

And no mood, because I was banned on foggy grounds ( suspicions ).

The big picture says it all.

The vast majority of major members has either retired or remain on the sidelines.

Others are underwhelmed.

Others have suffered multiple cheats in the marketplace ( HWBOT is NOT responsible for this ), and have lost a lot of money.

Myself lost more than 2000 Euros during the last two years.

A look at the marketplace says it all.

A more general look at the forums says more.

Most ( if not all ) threads remain not answered for days and weeks and months.

Either the hobby of OC is approaching a dead end, or there are other reasons.

Maybe an inconsistency in decisions and members treatment.

Maybe...

So a 7 ghz cpu and 5 users with 5 diferent vga's on the same bench session in 3dmark2005 and it's ok ?

(Just an example)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same applies to firestrike or vantage. One person could buy a 7960x and just let people put there gpus through it. I don't see a problem as it allows a poorer team to group buy a very expensive cpu to use for 3d and pass around vs everyone in team buying a 7960x which most can't afford.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/09/2017 at 2:03 PM, Fasttrack said:

There are multiple reasons for the current situation.

Not the time, thread or even place to analyze.

And no mood, because I was banned on foggy grounds ( suspicions ).

The big picture says it all.

The vast majority of major members has either retired or remain on the sidelines.

Others are underwhelmed.

Others have suffered multiple cheats in the marketplace ( HWBOT is NOT responsible for this ), and have lost a lot of money.

Myself lost more than 2000 Euros during the last two years.

A look at the marketplace says it all.

A more general look at the forums says more.

Most ( if not all ) threads remain not answered for days and weeks and months.

Either the hobby of OC is approaching a dead end, or there are other reasons.

Maybe an inconsistency in decisions and members treatment.

Maybe...

Bit harsh, the threads that I have started have all been answered reasonably quickly.

Considering HwBot is free I think it does a great job as do the people running it.

There is the ability to create your own competitions so you can tailor the rules to suit enthusiasts.  Thinking of organising one myself which I will call the "Quad thread open".

Any non Xeon or Opteron CPU's with quad threads except Skylake & Kaby Lake i5 and Coffee Lake i3 with clock speed lmit of 5ghz.

Benches would be Cinebench 15, X265 4K & Firestrike Ultra with any non Titan GPU.  Will discuss it with fellow overclockers at UK bench meet beginning of March.

I feel revision 7 has taken into account points I've raised on here in the past even if they weren't agreed with at the time.  Overclocking as a thing hasn't matured yet like the gaming scene so need to be a bit patient.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 9:06 AM, Splave said:

On 9/11/2017 at 9:06 AM, Splave said:

yes

On 9/11/2017 at 8:53 AM, suzuki said:

So a 7 ghz cpu and 5 users with 5 diferent vga's on the same bench session in 3dmark2005 and it's ok ?

(Just an example)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not really ok with this. That cpu has so much to do with your 3dmark scores its ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned thats an ACTIVE piece of hardware during benches even for 3d, especially the ones counting physics scores. This is a no brainer.

I didnt say I like the rule haha. Indeed legacy is owned by cpu speed as much so it should be given cpu points imo :)

what if my friend is on a different team, and I share him something or we buy it together and both use it. How does that work?

Edited by Splave

• Crew

You can't post same hardware in the same benchmark category Allen. Bench 1080ti with your cpu, you can post 01/03/06, he can do AM3 and 05.

It is all about honesty but that is something which seems to be rare when doing competitions in OC. This attitude is self destructive and people as usual blame HWBOT.
In most cases it is you or the fellow OCer messing it up for the others...

Really lately the biggest complainers are usually the ones that haver been practicing it the most, but that have never been caught (yet). How about using exactly the same Vcore for a particular CPU at a certain clockspeed and just one adjusted mem timing to make it look different. We are waiting for you to make a slip...

• Like 1

No they mean we both bring our own gpus 1080tis and then we all use my 7.2ghz cpu to bench 3d benches like aq3 03 05 06 heaven etc. That is allowed right now :D I think that is the main complaint but how can you monitor that. That's why it's the way it is becuase you can't tell. 

Relying on honesty will never work in competition. Do e-sports use cheat detection as well as judges or do they just say hey let's all be honest guys. 

• 6 months later...