HWBOT Community Forums
Leeghoofd

The Official Country Cup 2018 thread

2 minutes ago, cbjaust said:

I'm not, don't know about anyone else. When was the $@39@ controversy, did he have contributing scores to the Greek team effort that year that were later removed?

Report says he submitted the stage 6 result and probably in every other stage. So when his account was suspended all scores disappear.

I don't really remember what was the case with him (or never knew), but at that time Greece was a winner.

Anyway, congrats to winners. You were lucky I didn't bench AMD 😛

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

Anyway, congrats to winners. You were lucky I didn't bench AMD 😛

You should've man, would have loved to seen an all out sub from you in this comp :)

K 2D stages seem fine, wishing you all a Happy New Year, good health and motivation to keep pushing hardware to the edge

Happy-New-Year-2017-Funny-GIF-For-WhatsApp.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Yes "Greece" "won" in 2016

Later Splave named & shamed a Top 10 world competitor on his adjusting of the PC clock in x265. That is blatant cheat. 

Run timed by information is screenshot.

________

Sounds more like it FireKiller. :) I'll edit out unnecessary writing cheers

Edited by avalanche

Sorry to jump in but if I recall correctly $@eg@ (properly typing this was always an issue ^_^ ) was caught by Allen for cheating on hwbot x265 (I really dont remember if it was done elsewhere).
Nothing tied to Country Cup 2016.

There was no winning decision reversed, or Greece cheating in 2016. We were never informed of such thing.

Actual issue was that CC '16 was left unlocked, so even tho $@eg@ was banned months after ( if not year + ) deleting all his scored impacted the ranking of the competition.

Enjoy 2019 and congrats to the winners of CC '18. Definitely the comp that requires the maximum both effort and skill-wise :) 

Edited by FireKillerGR
  • Like 1

Greece that year they smashed it. I can see the other perspective of sliding into 2nd place. Like an effect / fault. 

We can never know if other scores manipulated. :/ Keep it real don't cheat. Cannot beat someones score too bad. 

______

Would love to see a competition as big like this one ... water cooled or chilled water. More members can get involved.

I know it would be an impossible as some would have single stage & screenshot another rig pic ... but I could hope a even playing field.

• Like 2

Many thanks To Leeghoofd and GeorgeStorm to make this happen and moderate this stuff :D - well done, grats to the winners :)

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Well done to all the participants, and shout out to all the mods for the work they have done, and still doing.

Happy New Year to all

• Like 3

Was an awesome comp with lots of tricky stages.

Many thanks to both Leeg and George for doing this :)

22 hours ago, sskmercer said:

Thanks to those that put this together again and hopefully I'll be in there myself next year :)

Looking forward to you benching again mate :D

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Happy New Year! :) Thanks to @GeorgeStorm and @Leeghoofd for all your work, some excellent stages.

Who knows, maybe someone will get their finger out next year and actually bench this comp ;)

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats to the winning team ... and to all participants for their effort !!!

Many thanks to all people involved for , setup-run-moderating , this competition !!!

Happy New Year !!!

• Thanks 1

I didn't contribute as much as planned but so glad that we could have this competition and looking forward to the next one. Definitely had fun with the stages I benched, definitely need to revisit am3+ 32m since I had a 101.4f  fever when I benched that so session ended early.

• Like 1