HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z170X-SOC-Force-LN2 LIVES ON !

11 hours ago, sabishiihito said:

Anything for Z270X LN2 board?

Looks like it would be same as my 2nd post about the z170 regular board. So I'd need to mod a bios for that board, not all versions can be modified as well. 

So just provide a couple of the better bios versions and I'll see what I can do

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GtiJason said:

Looks like it would be same as my 2nd post about the z170 regular board. So I'd need to mod a bios for that board, not all versions can be modified as well. 

So just provide a couple of the better bios versions and I'll see what I can do

All I could find was the one bundled with the XOC tools:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nic6vrtjab9oo4q/Gigabyte+Z270+TOOLS.rar

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2019 at 11:23 AM, sabishiihito said:

Anything for Z270X LN2 board?

Try this, I can't test if the modded efiflash will work on Z270 but the bios def should. Also edited autorun.bat for X8eMOD.bin
Pretty sure this bios can run SKL too as it may have been missing from my Z170 modded bios

Mod_Pack.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, subaruwrc said:

so much people has and uses that board nowadays so this was a really important update,thanks.

Thanks,  I just try to learn as much as I can about this stuff since it seems to be disappearing every time another XOC'er quits due to lack of time, family, health, frustration with the platform or general lack of respect by those too naive to realize the importance of knowledge.
Definitely something that  any semi-advanced overclocker can do if you can find the time and dedication to do so
I encourage everyone to spend at least 10% of their OC time to learn about things they feel has a lack of easy to find documentation.
It's amazing just how much there is to learn when you run into a problem without a simple answer

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Noxinite said:

You don't need to short for the 8700K???

No, but be advised the vcore/vid is messed up and will be 1.4-1.5v at optimized defaults for cpu's with over 8 threads

Same thing happens on Apex ix with bios 1901mod

Edited by GtiJason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello, brother, can you share the new version of the bios of (z170x-soc force ln2)? (Supporting Kaby Lake), I have searched on the Internet but I can’t find the new BIOS of this motherboard, there is only one old one from the original factory. For the old bios, I need him to update and use a newer version of the cpu. If it is convenient, please send it to this mailbox (Brotn@qq.com). Thank you very much.

• Like 1