HWBOT Community Forums

Updated rules for verification screenshots 2020 from 08/01/2020

flanker

• Crew

They are backup scores, official rules are laid down like the OP is: 

New 2020 scores: a full size verification screen (meaning no cropping), mandatory usage of CPU-Z 1.91 or Legacy CPU-Z (or more recent). Exception: on old legacy platforms (Socket A and variants ) older CPUZ versions are still allowed. If unsure crosscheck with the moderators

Submitting Backup scores: No edit of older score is allowed. The newly submitted backup score must be higher than the old score. Advise a moderator or mention in the comments box that it’s a backup score: e.g. “backup score found on Websmile's USB dongle”

The date implementation was a proposal, but not fully supported and required by the community

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew

depends:

1) if you never benched this hardware and did not do any submission with it before,  you are requires to use at least version CPUZ 1.91 (or newer)

2) If you did this score in 2019 (or earlier)  and you already submitted a (s)lower score with it before the 9th of January 2020, it is considered as a backup score.

• Either you sub it and mention it is a backup score in the comments box
  • Or you PM the moderators  with a link to the previous old score.

This was the only fair way to approach in a soft manner the happenings of early this year. Without being too restrictive in a way a screenshot has to be made. It is a lot of extra work for the moderators and if you spot wrong submissions plz report them via the REPORT button.

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2

would suggest the easiest way to ensure it is 2020 scores used besides no cropped versions is to have a mandatory HWBOT 2020 background for all submissions that is not used in competitions. Then its very obvious it is this years submissions.it would be very easy to spot the "backup submissions". Meanwhile I would put a hard date on "backup submission" after which they are not admissible. Afterall 2020 scores should be .. 2020 made.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I've never liked cropped screenshots, so this is not a change for me. I've never not updated to the latest version of CPU-Z, so again... not a change for me. But, I'd be lying if I didn't say I am not curious what the rationale is behind requiring CPU-Z 1.91 or later. What's up with that? I'm sure it wasn't just for giggles. Mind sharing why?

On 1/19/2020 at 9:17 PM, Leeghoofd said:

CPUZ 1.91 was released on December last year, so it related to newer scores than eg if scores pop up with far older versions of CPUZ. Also the load is higher with 1.91 so validation is not as easy as with older versions sadly

ohhh that explains some behaviour I saw benching the other day then xD I thought I was losing my mind...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/10/2020 at 9:38 PM, Leeghoofd said:

New 2020 scores: a full size verification screen (meaning no cropping), mandatory usage of CPU-Z 1.91 or Legacy CPU-Z (or more recent). Exception: on old legacy platforms (Socket A and variants ) older CPUZ versions are still allowed. If unsure crosscheck with the moderators

As i'm mostly (or only) benching Socket A: Which CPU-Z version is acceptable for you?

I've seen v1.59 being mentioned a few times on other sites... I also haven't tried to validate a score with such an old cpu-z version... Will that work?

Whatever changes were done between versions 1.59 and 1.60 is when these issues appeared.

There was an obvious reworking aside from adding support for newer chips to the util and that's probrably the root of it here. Some boards still work with it, many do not anymore and I've had nothing but headaches with anything from 1.60 and later.

1.59 is the latest that will work without issue with any Socket A system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bones said:

1.59 is the latest that will work without issue with any Socket A system.

That's not exactly true. 

I have socket A subs with 1.7x, 1.8x, and I'm pretty sure 1.9x CPUz versions.

I see many others with them also.

To be perfectly honest here, I have never had any of the CPUz issues that everybody complains about.

I would suggest you mind what you're trimming on your OS's. ;)

4 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

That's not exactly true. 

I have socket A subs with 1.7x, 1.8x, and I'm pretty sure 1.9x CPUz versions.

I see many others with them also.

To be perfectly honest here, I have never had any of the CPUz issues that everybody complains about.

I would suggest you mind what you're trimming on your OS's. ;)

Does it even with a stock install (non-stripped OS) directly from a factory XP disk.
I've already seen that you've had much better luck with later versions - I do not know what's causing it all but that's how it's been for me.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:15 AM, cbjaust said:

CPU-Z 1.91 just hangs the OS at the Processor detection stage.

Yep. Interestingly i've had CPU-Z v1.91 working on my XP setup before and was able to validate at 250Mhz FSB+. Now it just freezes the system at the Processor detection stage (15% loading), even when underclocked to 166x10. I haven't made any changes to the system in the meantime besides a few reboots. So no clue what happend to cause these issues... v1.59 still works as expected though.

My XP isn't tweaked, it's basically factory installed.

Edited by Tzk

• 1 month later...