HWBOT Community Forums

Hardware_Numb3rs - Ryzen 9 3950X @ 5852MHz - 5min 58sec 909ms SuperPi - 32M

KaRtA

1 hour ago, superpatodonaldo said:

very good job! it deserves more hwboints

@Leeghoofd Can we separate global's between Intel and AMD for SuperPi, would get more people running it.

People don't understand the time, cost and effort this really takes. I took an easy 100L+ of LN2 to fall 0.115s short of breaking the 6min mark.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all! ?

6 hours ago, KaRtA said:

Congrats man. I’ve been retesting 2700x as my 3900x didn’t have the clocks to get there. Onwards and upwards.

Thanks! You are so colse, and your 3900X with 1600 flck is perfect for this task, 33mhz of flck is worth more than 100mhz core, if I were you I'll retry with that CPU, after 5750MHz I had no gain, I used that frequency just in case since the first CCD of this CPU is super strong, but the main trick is flck, subtimings an the right waza combination, I'm 100% sure you can do it. I'll post some screens in the SPI thread later today of the other runs I made.

6 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Well done. It was a tight race but for Italy beat Australia for a change ;)

Small satisfactions :D 

2 hours ago, KaRtA said:

@Leeghoofd Can we separate global's between Intel and AMD for SuperPi, would get more people running it.

People don't understand the time, cost and effort this really takes. I took an easy 100L+ of LN2 to fall 0.115s short of breaking the 6min mark.

That should be nice, doing a sub 6m is super challenging technically, I've used more than 120/150L since last year to get here, the OS must be well optimized, the bios and memory as well needs to be perfect, and to push the highest flck you have to manage the CB, in my case I had flck CB at -189 (with 1.66V soc risking to fry the IMC) and at -185 I was losing stability in the CPU core, I've spend more than 3 hours dropping little amounts every 20-30s to stay between -187 and -188, plus the tweaks settings and all. Is definitely fun if you like the hardcore mode :D the 6m wall is not only a psychological wall, it seems also a platform wall, I got 6/7 runs at 6.0.xxx before this sub, making more people doing it sounds like a great idea.

I did this score with like a half thermos left of LN2, so a certain amount of luck is required :D

• Like 1