HWBOT Community Forums

New Style Rules discussion thread

Leeghoofd

Some thoughts: Example screenshot with red boxes for the important parts.

We need to know where lod is allowed and not allowed. 

Don't like gpu-z monitoring is mandatory. It's too much for the noobs. All the pros do it anyway. But many times it will not be correct and most benchmarks log it in vali file anyway. Max boost clocks don't say much in many circumstances and is easily tricked if anyone wants to.

Result details are not possible with new 3dmark layout. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Result details remark: Hence why we opt to include a verification link Rauf

I know. But if result details (subtests fps) are not needed maybe rules should say "benchmark window with result". Or maybe just benchmark window, I think most will understand what part of it is needed :)

But for the legacy 3d we still need details. Because often vali links will not be visible.

I think it will look and feel simpler with the new layout and information :)

for geek3 3.1.5 not allowed anymore for 7350/7740k damage on intel? 

HPET enabled for x265 (some platforms dont have a nag screen intel tsc etc) 

Ycruncher you should include a screen for the benchmate haters, showing hwbot launcher with HPET :: OK showing in it 

Looks good otherwise 

3d Boost clock in gpuz is good idea. obviously goes up and down but more info the better. Makes it harder to cheat at legacy 3d. 

Edited by Splave

• Crew

One Geek for all is easier right? avoids confusion between platforms, not what the efficiency hunters wanted...

HPET enabled is the only way to run X265 v2.3, otherwise it will not run

Y-cruncher with Benchmate is way easier to run and to submit, but you already knew that.

Will modify the 3Ds 

So any ideas of a proper memory benchmark are welcome.

What about integrating HCI Memtest as a memory benchmark? 
Like there is one in RyzenDramCalc.
It counts time to perform predefined amount of memtest % with predefined memory-size and with predefined amount of threads

Edited by denvys5

41 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

How would you rank HCI Memtest ? Doesn't it depend on the mem size, single/dual rank, CPU speed,...

We can define rules, e.g. 6Gb memory for a target of 240% memtest completion with number of threads equal to number of CPU threads. And rank results on the completion time of set target, differentiating them by DIMM type (e.g. DDR4) and, maybe for competitive purposes, number of memory channels that platform supports.

As a result, we would get a competition system, there certain memory configurations pass this memtest faster, by being actually faster in reading, writing and latency-wise (the idea comes from existing one in RyzenDramCalc)

We already have CPU benchmarks, that depend a lot on mem size and/or rank configuration (e.g. GeekBench, y-cruncher). There is some impact from CPU cores/clocks and cache size/clocks, but it is unknown how much does it matter and it can be tested (clearly, memtest is memory bound by default, so going from 9900K 5.0 Ghz to 7.0 Ghz may make little to no difference). 

13 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Question: HCI keeps on looping or does it stop and give a score in seconds or...

I only know HCI MEMtest Pro which I have for memtesting but never looked for any other functionality

HCI Memtest keeps looping, yes. None of the functionality I have described earlier is present in HCI Memtest itself. It only provides API for this stuff. This allows to design a software solution that would be an actual benchmark (by configuring its setup, performing time-tracking and stopping the process at a defined progress target). I am sorry if I have confused you. There are custom benchmark launchers present on hwbot (e.g. 7zip or y-cruncher), that is why I suggested such idea.

2 hours ago, aperacer said:

For R20 we need an example screenshot with an Full HD monitor.

I try to squeeze everything in, without obscuring the important stuff, like in this example

I hope this is OK

I do custom 1440p resolution from nvidia control panel. just check if the monitor you have supports it.

• Like 1

Removed Fire Strike Ultra...

Removed Fire Strike...

Removed Time Spy...

Removed Vantage Performance...

Removed GPUPi 1B...

Removed Catzilla in the past.

Instead to add more benchmarks and keep the old, to have more options.

This make all efforts made I made for push good scores, useless, in my opinion.

It also removes the desire to fight for good results, because when Hwbot decide, it will be worthless.
So many results and so much wasted effort.

That's a pity, I am pretty sure many people like me disagree, but I have no power to decide.

Best wishes for all.

• Like 2

• Crew
3 hours ago, aperacer said:

For R20 we need an example screenshot with an Full HD monitor.

I hope this is OK

That one is perfectly fine or if you use Benchmate yo can even partly cover the rendered scene as BecnhMate checks the integrity of the rendered file.

1 hour ago, rbuass said:

Removed Fire Strike Ultra...

Removed Fire Strike...

Instead to add more benchmarks and keep the old, to have more options.

This make all efforts made I made for push good scores, useless, in my opinion.

It also removes the desire to fight for good results, because when Hwbot decide, it will be worthless.
So many results and so much wasted effort.

That's a pity, I am pretty sure many people like me disagree, but I have no power to decide.

Best wishes for all.

We only removed globals from benchmarks that were decided in the 3D Thread Ronaldo. HWBOT followed the inputs that some of the listed 3D benchmarks were becoming more and more CPU benchmarks, therefore we reached a compromise in the thread and via several PMs to move eg Vantage to Vantage Extreme and so on... 

Your great scores are still there and still topping the ranking. Globals will always be something temporary, being it for one or for five years. This is not the first time this happened to 3D right? You are again required to put the focus on another benchmark and learn to master that one, not that you need to really learn anything anymore.

• Crew
44 minutes ago, aperacer said:

Sadly it does not work with my monitor, but hopefully others can use this trick

VSR (Radeon) and DSR (GeForce) works with every monitor if you have the driver installed, I know it can be a little heavier than no driver/control panel but most of the time it's margin of error for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

That one is perfectly fine or if you use Benchmate yo can even partly cover the rendered scene as BecnhMate checks the integrity of the rendered file.

We only removed globals from benchmarks that were decided in the 3D Thread Ronaldo. HWBOT followed the inputs that some of the listed 3D benchmarks were becoming more and more CPU benchmarks, therefore we reached a compromise in the thread and via several PMs to move eg Vantage to Vantage Extreme and so on... 

Your great scores are still there and still topping the ranking. Globals will always be something temporary, being it for one or for five years. This is not the first time this happened to 3D right? You are again required to put the focus on another benchmark and learn to master that one, not that you need to really learn anything anymore.

Well my friend.

I was not be part of this Thread, but I told it's no my decision.

For me, both, Extreme and Performance should be valid, because settings are different.

Time Spy matter much more CPU than Time Spy Extreme, Fire Strike Ultra has less CPU than Fire Strike and so on.

For this reason, in my opinion and since we need to give diffeerent focus, I understand that both should be valid for globals.

But as I told you, it's not up to me, but the community.

Best wishes

For PCmark vantage the rules state we dont need validation link however the registration code given on the rule page is for advanced version which will not give any score thus must be validated to get final score. Thus can we have a valid PCmark vantage Professional registration code there instead. We cant buy that software thus can not get professional codes to thus comply with screen shot.

Meanwhile in the old rules ram cache (but not ramdisk) was allowed. Now it is not under the new rules. is there any compilation somewhere so we can know which rules have changed? from 2020 HWbot to 2021 rules atleast.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to do a resquest, to your analisys.

There are 2 special benchmarks that I think should be included for Global.

One is GPUpi 1B, because will show the highest frequency some graphic card can run a test.

GPUpi 32B is heavier, and so, the overclocker cannot run with too high clocks, so is very impressive to see running @ 3 Ghz or more.

The second is Catzilla, that's a very nice 3D bench allowed for Global points in the past (2 versions, 720P and 1440P).

It would be great to see Catzilla 1440P again on ranking for Global points, since requires very strong performance and tweaks.

Just for reference, Allion Labs, I think one of the most important certification labs in the world, uses Catzilla for tests, since will have very strong requests and peaks.

Who remember the crashs under Raymark, know what I'm talking about.

Best wishes for all overclocker.