HWBOT Community Forums

Lucid Virtu MVP: Revolution in benching?

http://www.hwbot-mvp.org :D

MVP would skew the whole hwbot thing. not like a new CPU/Gpu generation but much much more.

so why not just create a new league/callitwhatever with MVP enabled to separate "normal" scores and "ssoftware thweaked" scores. just like a playground for people who want to play with it.

I've seen a few people mention a new league. IMO, we already have enough leagues. Why would we need to keep a separate database for potentially invalid scores. Either we accept it or we don't. It should be plain and simple.

I think massman said it before. The rules are made and we adapt to them. Thats the nature of competition. I don't like it, I think it throws of results and rankings. Not that ivy wouldn't increase all scores already, but this makes it to where lesser hardware can easily beat better hardware on old submissions. Generally, the scores per ranking go up, but globals aren't totally obliterated by lesser cards. Not until everyone has rebenched everything, will things balance out. I think it's an aid we can live without.

Then again, it's much easier to allow and not have to police it. Top scores would easily be noticed, especially right off the bat when you see 49pt submissions everyday. Matter of fact, everything on the homepage would be 49pt submissions and or high pt globals. Then there are the lesser scores that might go under the radar.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2k boost in 06 was noted single 580 @ stock on 2600k @ 4.6ghz. i dont see why we dont see more benchmarks with it to get a ball park of what it can do.

Capture-21.jpg

Capture2.jpg

HDR1 got the biggest boost. watching the screen though, it seems displayed fps is much less than 60 tbh... feels like 30fps with the vsync option.

has anybody else tried this on non z77 h77? im running mivez. i dont know if its just me or what but i crash the control panel 100% of the time so i dont get a ui. you can edit the xml in notepad to get the same effect... the drivers still work as they should, it just crashes when trying to open the lucid ui.

as for should it be allowed or disallowed? meh, disallow it. it degrades image quality (lod blah blah blah) but seriously, watch the screen sometime.

if you are wondering about the version, its the one on softpedia. 110a something or other.

Edited by zeneffect

I can not understand people with discuss to agree MVP.

Let's get off all good results...that people worked hard...and change the world records by MVP power...

Just need a simple and cheap hardware and you can beat all scores...

Or... lets change all the league and add Battlefield 3, Call of Duty, Crysis...

I just claim for changes that I thing can be good for the overclocking community, but if now software replace the effort and skill to the overclockers, I am sure, will understand...

Only thing I am sure that if MVP is allowed, benching here will not more fun and competitive TO ME, and almost sure I will not more post scores and compete at bot.

Only bench at home for fun.

You guys have to be kidding for even thinking about allowing this software.

No, no kidding here.

You should be happy that there are actually people so concerned about the software that there is in fact discussion about it; and in-depth, not just 'i-dont-like-dont-do-it' based argumentation.

pro did some testing, says Hz rate didnt seem to affect scores

Which is strange. According to Lucid, the scores should be affected.

2k boost in 06 was noted single 580 @ stock on 2600k @ 4.6ghz. i dont see why we dont see more benchmarks with it to get a ball park of what it can do.

as for should it be allowed or disallowed? meh, disallow it. it degrades image quality (lod blah blah blah) but seriously, watch the screen sometime.

very interesting info!

it seems like benching will continue without MVP - it just keeps things more simple...it's already complicated enough.

@rbuass relax, I highly doubt a software from Lucid will ever make it into the world of overclocking...they will always fail after a look into how (good) it works...

Guest cowgut
No, no kidding here.

You should be happy that there are actually people so concerned about the software that there is in fact discussion about it; and in-depth, not just 'i-dont-like-dont-do-it' based argumentation.

Which is strange. According to Lucid, the scores should be affected.

You want software bot or hardware bot?

To me anyway you would be just showcasing software not hardware.

If the community(or just you guys)think that this is good for overclocking then so be it.

What are the true gains for hwbot? higher scores from manipulated programs?

Can someone maybe put out a similar program that could work on all platforms?

I was just using common sence most did not need anyones software to get good scores before why now?

is this the future BENCKMARKING at the bot? so no matter how you get high scores it will be taking into concideration?

can we just start to make it legal by turning off shaders instead?

that will be the best bet, you dont have to police it and everyone will have artifically high scores

Its simple to me

We all know what most cards can do and what they cant do on different platforms...now if mvp is legal, scores would be much higher....but how? if these cards did xxx numbers for yrs?

yes say it its ok....software

Dont be lameo softwarebot be what you have grown the community on

HARDWAREBOT

I got faith in you guys to make the right choise after your minds ponder it

I got huge boost at heaven

uniginenormal.PNG

uniginemvp.PNG

As I see, obviously you cannot compare them. As start it should be taken separately from the rankings... but I don't know.. if everybody wants to ban it, so be it... we use at reviews but not for competing...

I still think that it could have hardware points apart from the non mvp.. It will have little effect if no one uses and it won't take boints away from those who don't use.

Update:

important update!

As you already know, we have scheduled a Virtu-checkbox option for development. This checkbox would allow users to submit Virtu-enabled benchmark results without affecting the points/ranks of other submissions. The function is similar to the existing ‘disable points’-feature, hence why we suggested to use that option until the Virtu-checkbox is in production. We noticed that the ‘disable points’-checkbox feature does in fact affect points/ranks/cups of the ranking the result is submitted to.

Since we do not want to have Virtu MVP-based scores to affect any of the regular submissions, our policy regarding Virtu MVP has changed. Until further notice (read: when the Virtu checkbox is available), HWBOT does not allow any submission with Virtu MVP enabled. In case you find a submission with Virtu MVP enabled, please let our staff know. Thanks for your understanding!

Read more: http://hwbot.org/news/7071_about_hwbot_rankspoints_and_virtu_mvp/

Edited by der8auer

Update on Lucid MVP related to FM benchmarks; Our detection has been developed and it is currently in internal QA. Assuming no major showstoppers, we should have a new SystemInfo available over the next couple of weeks (so we're well in schedule to have it before the end of April). However, it also requires that Lucid releases new version of their driver/software to the public so we do not know how soon 3DMark.com will able to tell these results apart.

In addition to Lucid MVP detection, it will also include updated CPUID module that fixes Win 8 compatibility problems (so it is the first step in validating FM benchmarks for Win8 - QA work on that will start soon).