HWBOT Community Forums

Ivy Bridge 3570K/3770K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

sorted out "55" - 2900 seems to be total limit of the ram..tested single channel and boots 2920 but "55" or "4F" (instable boot, almost doing it) a bit past that...

New board and bill tomorrow...I still wonder about influence in 3D with IB + MEM madness...

How many MHZ can you compensate with nice mem? btw pure clockspeed will not gain you any ms - 1470+ hynix loose timings fails agains 1250 PSC tight...

If the CPU doesn't lock at '23' I'd consider it a "pass" in terms of IMC binning. Of the 20 chips I tested, whenever it couldn't pass a certain frequency because of the IMC, it would show '23'. When it could pass, but memory wasn't good enough, it would show '55'.

On air cooling, IMHO Samsung IC is stronger if you can run 1330+ C9-12-12 with tight subs. BBSE/PSC at 1250C8-12-8 with tight subs should not beat Samung IC ... but of course under cold they will.

On air cooling, IMHO Samsung IC is stronger if you can run 1330+ C9-12-12 with tight subs. BBSE/PSC at 1250C8-12-8 with tight subs should not beat Samung IC ... but of course under cold they will.
Samsung just isn't better. Running 1333 9-12-12+ requires a very good (therefore expensive) kit and a very good IMC. Same money+IMC applied to PSC/BBSE will easily get you 1250 8-11-8 / 8-10-7 and beat Samsung. Once CPU goes cold high mem clocks become even more difficult to run and game is over for 4Gb stuff.

The main reason why people use Samsung over PSC/BBSE is that they can buy it brand new or get a free presskit.

If the CPU doesn't lock at '23' I'd consider it a "pass" in terms of IMC binning. Of the 20 chips I tested, whenever it couldn't pass a certain frequency because of the IMC, it would show '23'. When it could pass, but memory wasn't good enough, it would show '55'.

Hold your horses Massy

8-12-8 is 1300-1350mhz land, air...

7/8-10/11-7/8 is 1250mhz land

Atleast for PSC that is.

However Samsung is extreme value for money..

Edited by M.Beier

i am sorry but that isn't correct about the job role and such, they have been changed back since CES and why the Z77 UEFi is better than P67, Z68, and X79. The board just doesn't like you. FYi that topdog of BIOS team is now head of R&D.

It went down hill since P67 launch but is on its way up since Z77, it has more way to go, but I have faith it will get better than it was with X58.

i am sorry but that isn't correct about the job role and such, they have been changed back since CES and why the Z77 UEFi is better than P67, Z68, and X79. The board just doesn't like you. FYi that topdog of BIOS team is now head of R&D.

It went down hill since P67 launch but is on its way up since Z77, it has more way to go, but I have faith it will get better than it was with X58.

+1... UP boards especially are looking very good.

Finally got hold of some Costa Rica chips today, they're not so easy to find here. 2 x 3218B460 with some quick air testing, LN2 coming early next week.

First chip: My first air stable 5ghz Ivy. IMC looks good too, 8M 2800mhz almost pass with no voltage changes to IMC.

3218B460---1.jpg

2nd CPU posted 5gig 1.36v won't boot into XP even with 1.4v.

Edited by jjjc

Sin.... There is a bug, of which causes that one need high vdimm for ram, for no obvious reason,, its one of many bugs, and it was relevant in response to why the high vdimm....

The other 'isnt correct' part, maybe you should read what I wrote again....

But lets keep it to add value this thread.