HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA EMEA 2012 thread.

Massman

Who says u lost gooc

Nobody, but it was skipped in 2011, and looks to be skipped in 2012, but last time I checked, GOOC isnt an annual event, rather a matter of proving worthy platforms, and Gigabyte marketing, HQ, has not considered any platform since LGA1366 worthy...

So, with no plans for Ivy, seems like first realistic chance is Ivy-E, which is 2013, while MSI does it every year...

Dont put words in my mouth, I am a huge fan of both MOA and GOOC - MOA has just proven more reliable as for consistancy.

----

And to the other discussion, I know Massman aka. Diablo has forbidden me commenting, but I am going to do it anyway, guys, sure it is expensive, it is a freaking expensive HOBBY... If you are into OC from desire to profit from it -you've made a wrong turn.

This is F1 of computers, the most badass, not the cheapest/sanest/wisest.

EDIT;

Oh splave, I wish that would be possible around here... You are more likely to be set back close to one grand from buying/using/selling those 2 platforms here..

Edited by M.Beier

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

i think for once Marc might be on the right track,

im guessing Giga might have skipped GOOC last year because SB doesnt lend itself to competition overclocking and they didnt want for another year in a row, that being said i might be totally wrong,

kudos to MSI for keeping MOA going, it really is a great event for the best of the best to showcase their skills, hopefully giga come to the party this year aswell!

Hi everyone, I have two questions:

1. Is teamwork allowed(I had great cpu, can I bench it with my teammate and submit some results at his account)?

2. Two people from different countries can form one team?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I know answer for first question - Massman will say - No! (((

Hi everyone, I have two questions:

1. Is teamwork allowed(I had great cpu, can I bench it with my teammate and submit some results at his account)?

2. Two people from different countries can form one team?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I know answer for first question - Massman will say - No! (((

1 - Yes, one person submits the scores*

2 - Yes.

* if the user submits a score with hardware that isn't his, just use the 'disable points'-option. It solves all issues :).

Btw, who will be the partners for MOA America winners?

We'll pick the teammates after APAC qualifier... I need to check which of my friends will be fully available to travel by that time.

I can't wait to meet everybody in Taipei again =) It will be awesome! =)

Good luck to you all! I hope everybody have lots of fun benching for MOA =)

• Crew

lool splave. Poor rommie

I have a feeling this EMEA is gonna be a lot like last time, super insano sick scores all over the place.

Im buying my 1st 3770k next week, and with my luck it will probly be in the 7.1 - 7.3ghz range

3d stable.

anyone know where the last 3 seats are coming from? I know that 4th and 5th got an email

"We will do our best for the nice overclocking product and event. Please pay attention for the schedule of the WW selection for the last fighting! Maybe see you in Grand Final. Here come the DHL tracking number for you"

I tried running it through engrish defragger but got nothing back...

I don't understand your question either, Splave. What seats and what 4/5th?

MSI Z77A-GD80 was available in retail before start of MOA EMEA and allowed to use?

Thanks )

Z77A-GD80 was released May 21 and the competition started May 18. Therefore, the GD80 was not available before the competition and cannot be used.

anyone know where the last 3 seats are coming from? I know that 4th and 5th got an email

"We will do our best for the nice overclocking product and event. Please pay attention for the schedule of the WW selection for the last fighting! Maybe see you in Grand Final. Here come the DHL tracking number for you"

I tried running it through engrish defragger but got nothing back...

AFAIR for the last 2 years, MSI has tied up with Futuremark as well for a Global Competition with 2 or so seats to MOA(Maybe its 3 this time)