HWBOT Community Forums

The Rage

K404

Who's ever got so mad at benching they had to leave the house before they broke something?

100% serious. I just threw a flask of LN2 across my garage and stormed out before I trashed the entire rig.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very tempted to blame the board. Random power-downs, randomly lose keyboard during OS selection, randomly random. Randomly rock-solid then unbenchable. Randomly decides that any PWM setting other than "auto" means no POST. CMOS clear gives me a nice VGA coldbug because default setting is Gen 3.

broke a GPU in half once and almost cut my hand off on the edge of the pcb, had a couple splinters too...wasnt too proud thinking back at that. I have since calmed down a bit lmao, just walk away and come back when you feel like trying again :)

@k404: My first MVG did that... I spent a lot of time testing for stability, to find after A LOT of trouble that I was wasting my time. Replaced the board and been good since. Yours could be something else, but I spent a month after release wanting to cave my own head in while working with IB.

Do you have a super-long cable so you can lift it above your head to REALLY smash it down? :D

I have a pic somewhere of my old flatmates keyboard. He was hit by rage so he slammed his keyboard until it started to bend :D

If you're nice to your setup, it's nice to you. ;) (Exceptions prove the rule.)

No way bro, TOO many exceptions for that. If you're nice to your hardware, it will do whatever it feels like. If you're nasty to your hardware, it will do whatever it feels like. :P

I was getting more angry due to the fact I had a potential 6.7 chip sitting in the back of my car nearly a week and couldn't find time to bench.

after some birthday-party of my gf (first with family, then with friends) I decided to start benching in the noon today finally....

...isolation on alcohol is not the best and only some scores holded my back when the system decided to go nuts after not even 2 hours :P

61k05singles.jpg

I start cooking when I feel a rage coming up.

Since I don't have LN² anymore, let's see what we are going to eat today :

Mashed potatoes

Cauliflower (without the cheese sauce)

Meat balls with tomato sauce

Wife and daughter went for a swim, so I'm home alone :nana:

If anyone's up for it, I have enough :)

I don't think I've ever really raged at my gear before but this weekend really tested me. Too much dead gear for my liking. :(

Was ready to pick up my pc by the pot and send it flying out of my window. I ended up pouring a big drink instead. :P

Do you have a super-long cable so you can lift it above your head to REALLY smash it down? :D

I have a pic somewhere of my old flatmates keyboard. He was hit by rage so he slammed his keyboard until it started to bend :D

Mine's wireless so... I can even throw it against the wall. :D Or make holes trough it with my super-potato gun. (Potatoes make big damages)

But it's still working ! Only piece of hardware that's been working for more than 5 years.

Nice thread LOL :D

Usually I keep calm during benching no matter how bad the sessions were, but I remember this one time i lose my cool and was REALLY mad at one mobo(don't ask which one :P) for killing my good chip.....

So i literally THROW it from my 2nd floor office building :D :D :D (that said, the mobo was already dead before i threw it).

Felt good when i did it, but regret it later knowing i could still change its mosfets and make it back alive again :P