HWBOT Community Forums

MOA 2013 Discussion

Vivi

External PWM rule has final confirmation.

We are left with the option to, as a community, enforce video verification to have everyone feel good about the final outcome of the result. What Der8auer suggested in the staff forum seems like a good idea. Essentially, take a video of the following

- end of the run

- score

- pwm area of vga

All in one slick motion. Shouldn't be more than 30s. Anyone opposed?

is it mandatory for class B too ? because without cold slow fix bioses for 7790/560 epower is useless.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

External PWM rule has final confirmation.

We are left with the option to, as a community, enforce video verification to have everyone feel good about the final outcome of the result. What Der8auer suggested in the staff forum seems like a good idea. Essentially, take a video of the following

- end of the run

- score

- pwm area of vga

All in one slick motion. Shouldn't be more than 30s. Anyone opposed?

I don't think it's so easy for me to take video with requirements above, because just after finishing the run we have to do a lot of things especially with Haswell, I mean its CB thing.

Pouring LN2 to keep both temps of CPU and GPU as well as taking SS and virification process...

I usually do bench alone at night. So it's difficult to ask my friends to take Videos until midnight.

What shall I do??

I don't think it's so easy for me to take video with requirements above, because just after finishing the run we have to do a lot of things especially with Haswell, I mean its CB thing.

Pouring LN2 to keep both temps of CPU and GPU as well as taking SS and virification process...

I usually do bench alone at night. So it's difficult to ask my friends to take Videos until midnight.

What shall I do??

Yap, that's what I was taking about, it can be for ocer a fail taking videos, cause what is now more important? OC or recording. I also mostly bench at night ;)

*I am aware that there is no good way to verify but it's MSI's problem, not overclocker's

to MSI/HWBOT please remember that this year THERE ARE NO TEAMS so asking a friend for a help and so on is inappropriate and may be insult...

What shall I do??

Me too I always benching at night and alone without nobody else....ist very hard for me I think

• Crew

Finish firestrike, take screenshot, pour ln2 to keep IDLE stable, grab your camera that you have setup already and press play for 10-15 seconds showing your score and the VRM area of the card. put camera down and continue benching. I also like to bench alone at night when it's nice and quiet so will test this cemera thing out and report back if its hard or not, but on paper its not a big deal

Finish firestrike, take screenshot, pour ln2 to keep IDLE stable, grab your camera that you have setup already and press play for 10-15 seconds showing your score and the VRM area of the card. put camera down and continue benching.

Or just put a web-cam onto a tripod, make sure you get a complete picture of what is going on, push "record' button on the notebook, start PC, show the testbed precisely, and get the entire bench-session video for sure -)

Sounds easy but may be hard. Will try these days till I wanted it for my project.

I would personally be against doing this but it's the only way for those competing to avoid unnecessary questions and chargeables at the very end till the price is too high. der8auer is totally right. Or.. does anybody want to re-bench? Or see how others re-bench the 'dead' cards?

That's what I mean few posts ago...

There are 2 way to comprove the scores...

Video...

or...

Photos and as for the winners to bring the VGAs... so MSI can check if the VGA is correctly wired... even is death.

I understand this is the way, since is officially not allowed.

Wish good lucky for the participants.

@Hwbot

I ask kindly to Hwbot, to provide final's date.

Nothing is too easy... to simply travel about one week.

I have appointments and events to meet, and I can not leave things without advance warning... and maybe, others competitors need the same.

Thanks in advance

• Crew

slamms, if someone goes that far to cheat its the same as robbing a bank, us overclockers have come a long way together and we wont do that bunnyextraction

and like SAM said, the video validation is there so this doesnt happen. If your video looks like u have another ln2 setup sitting under the table (lol) with epower connected then that OC'er need some serious mental help

if everyone used the time spent on complaining

to find out how to zombie mod, a lightning on a titan so there was no problem

it requires great knowledge to get it to work

ePower can be soldered on while you sleep it is just as easy to make as normal vmod if you have a good soldering iron

Would really like to hear same opinion from USA guys.

Any tough about this ? :)

Here is my thoughts.....

What we are all saying here is quite apparent. The rules of hwbot are no longer tight enough to be used in competition without modification. This speaks volumes does it not?

Why do we not require video for all submissions on hwbot now?

Because its ridiculous! Take away the joy of benching and move to guilty until proven innocent. No thankyou.

Take my opinion however you like, I was not planning on competing round 2 anyways so maybe just disregard.

throwing class B winner in with class A at the finals is a bit of a let down too.. not sure what the intent was there..

*between retail death and no epower.. i would say MSI has their work cut out for them; if they are planning to get any decent PR from this years comp.

• Crew
throwing class B winner in with class A at the finals is a bit of a let down too.. not sure what the intent was there..

nah man its great! It gives some hardware OC'ers the chance to compete live, meet and have a great time with other Pro OC'ers. My first event i got invited by seth in my country, while i was still very noob and fresh in the game and it changed my life in overclocking for good.

@Hwbot

I ask kindly to Hwbot, to provide final's date.

Nothing is too easy... to simply travel about one week.

I have appointments and events to meet, and I can not leave things without advance warning... and maybe, others competitors need the same.

Thanks in advance

Why do you make it sound as if we know the final date and are just trying to hide it from you :confused:? We don't know the final date either. Rumours say October 13-15, but that is not confirmed.

As I said to you earlier in private messages, once I know the final date you will know the final date.

throwing class B winner in with class A at the finals is a bit of a let down too.. not sure what the intent was there.

To get people who don't want to risk/play with high-end platform a chance to get into MOA final.

I think it's kinda funny that some of the complaints come from people that have no problem spending a months pay on hw but at the same time can't even spen 30€/$ or so on a camera. When we had the swedish OC championship a few years ago the required a video of the whole benchmark running and the rig it self. And you had to photograph the cpu so it could be verified that you didn't lend it to a buddy in the same competition. Those that even talk about cheating should be banned from the competition beacause if we can't follow simple rules and understand why we can't use epower(it's made by another company) then you don't belong in it.

With that said I do understand all of you that already spent the money and modded your Titans. And the decision came a little too late, that I think we all can agree on. But in the end it's up to those who organize and pay for the prizes to decide what is allowed and whats not.

Yeah I know I'm just in B class and doesn't deserve to have a chance to come to the finals but I think the intention was that there might be a few OCers that could not afford the hw in A class but have the skill.

Written on my phone so there are probably alot of misspellings. :-)

so how I can show a zombie, as a vmod, when I have NDA on me becouse of NDA of controlers and my own time what I spend to make it - just share with all to have it for free? Some one is really sick to make that rules. Or maybe add that you need show invoice with MSI Titan? Asus in AOOC didn't give a shit what you bought/what you used, just show in GPU-z it's reference/Asus and it's ok.