HWBOT Community Forums

MOA 2013 Discussion

Vivi

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If MSI disallows Epower, you suck it up and play by their rules, or you quit. Those are your choices. It isn't rocket science, and you're in no position to change the rules in a contest in which you do not sponsor or have any control of. You either play, or you don't. That's it. That's all you have control of.

EDIT- Want to send a message?, everybody quit. That would be better than everybody skirt the rules. Take the high road. ;)

This is equal to my view about the rule that a) allows Titans and B) disallows the use of a competitors product for the event.

Check your ego's and the reasons for MSI to hold an event like MOA. How can they use the pr generated if a product manufactured by evga or anyone other than msi is used to win the event?

Bitching and moaning like a bunch of spoilt bratts will not change anything other than make the people involved bitter. Take the limitations as part of he challenge or politely quit.

I accept and support rule that epower is not allowed even though I have already spent the money for a evbot, 780 and Titan.

This is equal to my view about the rule that a) allows Titans and B) disallows the use of a competitors product for the event.

Check your ego's and the reasons for MSI to hold an event like MOA. How can they use the pr generated if a product manufactured by evga or anyone other than msi is used to win the event?

bunnying and moaning like a bunch of spoilt bratts will not change anything other than make the people involved bitter. Take the limitations as part of he challenge or politely quit.

I accept and support rule that epower is not allowed even though I have already spent the money for a evbot, 780 and Titan.

Honorable. :celebration:

This will not fix the problem...

This way, we will turn back to the zero...

How Hwbot will comprove "who used Epower"... and "who used a Ultra High Platinum card?"

I believe this is the problem... since there are no way to comprove if Epower was used...

So... if MSI really disallow Epower... the question change to "How MSI and Hwbot will do to comprove the score.... video or nothing???

Then the solution if MSI disallow Epower and be sure the score is valid is:

1- Video

2- Ask to the winners to bring the videocard to be checked, so, even the card is death, they will know if the card is correctly wired ... what will be 99% of sure.

I am just trying to find a good solution with the competitors, since I am just in the finals... I am not here to complain about the rules or talk about cheat.

We all know the clock range of the Titans by now and you can be 100% sure that we will ask for video verification if somebody uploads a 1700 MHz Titan score with stock VRM.

If you achieve a great score or high clocks maybe directly take a video showing the card and the result. Shouldn't be a problem nowadays since everybody owns a smartphone or even a camera.

• Crew
the result. Shouldn't be a problem nowadays since everybody owns a smartphone or even a camera.

apparently not lol, but ye i will take a video as a precautionary measure cause i dont want to bench again if i get nice scores that look dodge (i wish )

Edited by Vivi

Already been answered. You'll pretty much know if Epower has been used.

Video?, sure, why not. If you really want to participate you'll find the means.

Looks for will be the only way... I see no other way to comprove .... only the video or check the winner videocards

Edited by rbuass

If MSI disallows Epower, you suck it up and play by their rules, or you quit. Those are your choices. It isn't rocket science, and you're in no position to change the rules in a contest in which you do not sponsor or have any control of. You either play, or you don't. That's it. That's all you have control of.

This is the key point of this whole thread digression.

One more day! I'm really excited to see what my watercooled GTX 650 Ti Boost will do with my 4770K. The processor will run 5Ghz if it wasn't over 100F outside. Damn heatwave. ;)

Since this is official now, I want to wish luck to all participants who enter round 2, I am official out of MOA...Thanks to MSI on their great effort to bring MOA to us overclockers...

Since this is official, I'm PROBABLY out too. If someone (who want to send me one ?) give me a dead VGA , I probably make a try, but I don't what to spend more money for a competition like that.

Good luck to every body, and please, if you take a WR, add some EVGA box in background of the picture/video

External PWM rule has final confirmation.

We are left with the option to, as a community, enforce video verification to have everyone feel good about the final outcome of the result. What Der8auer suggested in the staff forum seems like a good idea. Essentially, take a video of the following

- end of the run

- score

- pwm area of vga

All in one slick motion. Shouldn't be more than 30s. Anyone opposed?

We are left with the option to, as a community, enforce video verification to have everyone feel good about the final outcome of the result. What Der8auer suggested in the staff forum seems like a good idea. Essentially, take a video of the following

- end of the run

- score

- pwm area of vga

If the community is not ready to trust eachother then its very easy to beat. Prepare 2 setups Bench with modified PWM, Take video of the one with stock PWM, easy and simple.

- end of the run

- score

- pwm area of vga

Assuming this would only apply to those using non-lightning cards??

I'm of the opinion that the photo of your benching rig just needs to be qualified more. For instance the photo should be of the system at the end of the run and should have all of the verification information including video card and screen with benchmark value/score. If all that won't fit in one shot then grab a pic of the rig with the screen in the background and then do a close up of the screen. (ie two photos)

Yes, video would accomplish the same goals but, again, I'm of the opinion that if a score comes in question -AND- it is a deciding factor for the winner then have them re-bench over livestream/ustream -or- offer up a video for each run in question.

Long story short, no mandatory video though, leave it up to the individual if they want to make one in lieu of doing a livestream/ustream verification,

Edited by redmax

- end of the run

- score

- pwm area of vga

i can live with that

Really sad. I didn't want to believe in all that stuff yesterday but...

If the community is not ready to trust eachother then its very easy to beat. Prepare 2 setups Bench with modified PWM, Take video of the one with stock PWM, easy and simple.
Show the testbed precisely. Take a video of the testbed + monitor + temp-meters in one screen during the whole bench run. You'll have to pour LN2 there quite often. Yeh, a friend may help with the second one, but it will be hard. Till the card dies or 'dies' it will be the only good proof for a bencher to avoid unnecessary questions.

I don't think the participants left and willing to compete will cheat and ask for the ban but till ppl are really angry with epower rule it should be done.

p.s. Titan costs $1300, HD-webcam = $30, tripod for that = $20. For those with 'no money'.

Massman you should tell ppl from the very start if the video is a must, and/or starting from which clocks for Titan, 560Ti-448 and probably Haswell (?) the judges would like to see this kind of proof, what should be done if the video is unclear and 'the card died' etc etc etc. We might not need it without rules improvement but this time it is obvious.

Edited by cyclone

Yes, I agree. We will discuss this with the rest of the staff and decide by tonight.

By the way, just to clarify something. It is allowed to lend a CPU or VGA from a friend to enter the MOA competition, but note that:

- your friend cannot be participating him- or herself

- you must disable points for all those submissions

- end of the run

- score

- pwm area of vga

Video is not changing anything and it's becoming sick. So I say no.

It is allowed to lend a CPU or VGA from a friend to enter the MOA competition,

Anyone have a CPU or VGA i can lend? Willing to send you a post card from Taipei if I win a ticket :D

Happy to make a video as part of the submission MM. it is easy as pie to comply.

Good luck everyone

I am looking forward to all the "not taking part" submissions in the last few hours