HWBOT Community Forums

MOA 2013 Discussion

Vivi

I remember when the rules were first posted at the beginning of the contest and many people think that was better to have some crapy rules than having NO MOA at all... Now this kind of "we don't care about what you had planned for MOA, this is our game" thing from MSI side makes me wonder if it would not be better if we had no MOA at all and keep just the old memories of all already killed CPUs, VGAs and Motherboards in the name of MOA =(

I'm not really in the mood for killing a titan for just for this... I already killed my best 7970 on the first round, now am I supposed to kill a bunch of an even more expensive vga?

How do they allow titans of other brands but not allow epower? this is getting even more insane than putting a x79 rig to run spi32m and 3d03 and a gtx 680 to run 3d11 on a WWFinals...

I'm really sad for this situation.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, it impossible, because all datasheets is uder nda on lightning cards.

can we use vrm from referens MSI cards ?

"HOW" proove that "REFERENCE" is from MSI brand ??.......invoice ?? proove of purchase ? even with a pics of REFERENCE MSI fan, the card pcb itself could be from another manufacturer.....

and "HOW" proove that we "REALLY" use the "REFERENCE ZOMBIE" ?

This is not the point Tolsty....anybody here knows that you are able to realize a zombie with other vga, and maybe, even me following the right guide.

The point is to analyze if those change, are FAIR and make the competition run in the right way....

DO you thing that all those change in rules are FAIR and RESPECTFUL to all of us ?

Edited by giorgioprimo

It takes all my strength to not put up a really angry reply to this one, but do you really think I didn't explain this (about a dozen times)?

Okay man sorry for that sarcasm from me if you did your best. I had to do that to make things clear 'cuz there are different rumors spreading inside the community. Ppl want to know who's personally responsible for the 'best' MOA rule ever.

giorgioprimo great post man! I think everyone involved into the game should follow the way and tell everything he thinks about this stuff.

p.s. icebob no one used external vrm in B-one 'cuz it was not worth the nuts those days ;)

Okay man sorry for that sarcasm from me if you did your best. I had to do that to make things clear 'cuz there are different rumors spreading inside the community. Ppl want to know who's personally responsible for the 'best' MOA rule ever.

I don't care for rumours and even less for the people spreading them. But I guess that's how things go in life.

But I am quite disappointed that people would think that I or HWBOT would invent this rule. Then again, it is nearly impossible to defend or disprove any rumours started on the internet. Especially if people prefer to listen to noise-makers.

Anyway, if anyone would ever ask me, I am in clear with my conscience on everything I do for overclocking and to support it.

I don't care for rumours and even less for the people spreading them. But I guess that's how things go in life.

But I am quite disappointed that people would think that I or HWBOT would invent this rule. Then again, it is nearly impossible to defend or disprove any rumours started on the internet. Especially if people prefer to listen to noise-makers.

Anyway, if anyone would ever ask me, I am in clear with my conscience on everything I do for overclocking and to support it.

I think that my post was enough clear...

Reading a few pages back, I just can't understand why somebody would just point fingers to Massman and Vivi as if they're responsible for this set of annoying new rules.

Vivi made this thread to ask for OPINIONs from different overclockers who passed the qualifier about the use of Titan and benchmark preferences. It turned out that majority ocers preferred that Titan is not used, But that DOES NOT affect the 'allow Titan' rule. So no harm done by the making of this thread here.

If Massman already did try his best to explain things to MSI and MSI choose NOT to listen, then it's not massman's fault, isn't it? I totally agree that there's something that you cannot change no matter how hard you try, especially when it comes to dealing with 'high-up' people whose decisions does not come from deep understanding on how things work. I've been in many of those situation before, believe it or not.

Moving on, I kinda have mixed feeling about MOA now, on one side I'm still glad there's a vendor who still cares about doing live overclocking for the OC community despite the 'drop' on Desktop PC Sales. But on the other, the new sets of rules made me loss interest on the semi-finals.

Waiting for the final rules on the July 1st, let's see how it goes then..

Hwbot was following MSI rules, and it's clear is not too hard.

Just bench and take a picture from a Titan with MSI Board and it will be Ok

Since a rig's picture don't prove nothing... just bench with a Zombie... and take the picture before hard zombie the card.

What I mean?

This is the EMEA Qualifier winner picture

http://hwbot.org/submission/2384790

If this picture was enought to prove this score, SURE any picture will be enough to prove semi finals score.

Guys,if you trully want something to change,then don't compete in semi-finals.U guys that got qualified should post no results.Stick together agains these stupid rules and forbidden things.If they don't have any competitor they won't make the events.Maybe they will think twice next time,befoce changing rules in middle of competition,then deciding stupid benchmarks for semi-final,class B which had a lot of potential to be entertainin because more people could get the hardware needed,now u need to get 3 different platforms,wtf is this.

STICK TOGETHER,we are a community for some reason.They should realize maybe the competition is made for overclockers,that overclockers made a lot of marketing for msi in past which actually helped selling their motherboards,even if they have probably the worst bios support and shiity bios out-there.

And you can't blame Massman,i am sure he tried his best but sometimes you hit a wall and that's it.

Maybe in future hwbot grows a lot and buys Msi,then Massman will be new Msi CEO =))

I agree Giorgio... also I know Massman and Hwbot did not create the rules, and just following MSI instructions.

Since pictures will not prove nothing, I believe the best way is to keep smooth for the pictures.

Just bench zombies and take a picture from the system before zombie the card is the way. If it was allowed in qualifier, will be allowed to Semi Finals.

Just bench zombies and take a picture from the system before zombie the card is the way. If it was allowed in qualifier, will be allowed to Semi Finals.

Yess I was thinking like that..lol

but the problem is if you get score very high... thats imposible you bench Titan without Zombie my friend...

Yess I was thinking like that..lol

but the problem is if you get score very high... thats imposible you bench Titan without Zombie my friend...

Hi friend.

There is no includded in the rules, that the overclockers need show the mods, instead to show the hardware.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=252377&postcount=287

Just post the scores, and hardware ... and system will complete with 3dr file where will show MSI brand in the screenshot... and it will work.

That's it.

:)

Just bench zombies and take a picture from the system before zombie the card is the way.

Good idea, if community is agree with that, i think it's the way to go.

We take picture of the board before, and then put the zombie. If everybody know they can do that, it's not a cheat any more.

Some Ocer have 8.7Ghz cpu, or 8.4Ghz cedar... titan @1800 stock VRM is not more suspicious

Good idea, if community is agree with that, i think it's the way to go.

We take picture of the board before, and then put the zombie. If everybody know they can do that, it's not a cheat any more.

Some Ocer have 8.7Ghz cpu, or 8.4Ghz cedar... titan @1800 stock VRM is not more suspicious

This way is was used to MOA Qualifier and was allowed and nobody complained.

Did you read his post?

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=252377&postcount=287

What he means is that in qualifier, overclockers shows the system before... and was allowed without problems... and now, there are no reason to be different.

I believe that all overclockers that intend to go to MOA finals, have skill enough to know that is impossible to reach 1800 Mhz with a Titan with stock VRM.... but since there are no better solutions for now... is just to "KEEP THE SAME TO CHECK THE SCORES TO SEMI FINALS".

It's not about to cheat... but about to keep the rules and keep the way they used to check scores to the qualifiers... and let the rights of the overclockers that bought Titans and Epowers to the competition.

Edited by rbuass

A 'group cheat' is deplorable. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Most of you have at one time or another cried about cheats here, and now all of a sudden because you think you were wronged, it's now ok.

That's bullshit. :P

Play by the rules or GTFO.

I agree with this. Thinking that WE would want to ban these inventions that we have praised before is ridiculous. The reasoning behind that conclusion has to be borderline ret*rded. C'mon!:rolleyes:

Disclaimer:

This is the opinion of me, as an individual, and does not necessarily represent the views of other crew members. I'm also sorry if anyone got butt-hurt by reading this post.

:D

Overclockers need MOA, but MOA needs overclockers. We have to cooperate. MSI should listen a bit more OC Community, but we have to also support it as well. Vendor creating rules/oc contests has full right to create rules which some participants wouldn't agree with. Then we have choice to participate or not to participate. Of course if we have crazy rules, not many ocers will participate and it wouldn't be good from marketing point of view, so vendors should care about to make rules friendly for the majority. I hope on Monday, there will be some clarification.