HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Rev.4 - The Plan.

Massman

After finally getting to the end of this thread

Im sorry SF3D, but I think you are completely wrong.

A team is only as strong as its weakest player

Making a only the top players get points for the team is completely opposite to the whole idea of a team

That even if you're not great, you're still helping

By only allowing the top guys to actually get points for their team it greatly discourages guys lower down, and just seems a pointless idea to me :/

All the thousands and thousands of dollars I have spent over the past few years just for it to be nothing now. :(

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry George, I disagree with you AND Petri.....

In the context of benching teams, a team is only as strong as the depth and selection of members it has. Nothing to do with the strongest or weakest member.

A bench team that has a member with 5K points wont necessarily be No.1

A bench team that has a member with 0 points wont necessarily be last.

• Members

Well, while I haven't spend that much

The same applies.

Considering jabski has literally benched every s775 cpu, none of my scores would count :(

Kenny, yes this is true, I was merely making a point about how wrong I thought it that a team be based on its strongest members

Only now realising I was saying it should be based on its weakest :P Not what I meant at all.

After finally getting to the end of this thread

Im sorry SF3D, but I think you are completely wrong.

A team is only as strong as its weakest player

Making a only the top players get points for the team is completely opposite to the whole idea of a team

That even if you're not great, you're still helping

By only allowing the top guys to actually get points for their team it greatly discourages guys lower down, and just seems a pointless idea to me :/

You should read more carefully. This Team suggestion is indeed still suggestion. Nothing have been written on stone yet. I personally would like to see power teams and current team ranking. Current ranking is ok and new power team could be for some very powerfull groups. We don't have that kind of group in Finland, but in other countries that is not issue.

Please do not give me lectures about how teams are. Computer teams are way different than companies or army batallions. Look what kenny wrote in his last post. That is what you need to think.

johnksss @ say-it-loud.com - This is not correct thread to talk about your scores because they don't have anything to do with rev. 4. Scores are deleted, cause you made bugged runs. You submitted them in to HWbot and it is not allowed with unigine engine based benchmarks. It is very simple and you already got the explanation in the blocking message. If you need to know more, send PM.

Wow.

I read this whole thing.

I absolutely disagree with the team scoring.

I also have a few questions. You said you can only submit to one league? So since some of my scores are submitted on dice, none of my ambient submissions would not get me any points?

I really don't know how I feel about this in general. Wouldn't it just be great if every chip and GPU had a software-readable serial number so we would at least be able to know if the same equipment was used? It might leave the selling vs. giving thing in the dark, but at least it would be closer.

my god! this took too long to read about the rev 4 changes. maybe a new thread should be started with 1 post per user, with three comments for pros and three comments for cons for each user to be considered by the hwbot guys. bitching and whining gets everybody nowhere except a really long read. :( that was including skipping pages and pages of comments made by the same user over and over. i didnt even get an idea of how it will effect me. rev 3 lowered my rank to 40 something in australia. so i did another load of benches to get me to 22nd, now back to 24th atm. im a budget oc'er, so i think having different class leagues is a great idea. though i think it would be cool to have different leagues for every type of cooling. so the air/water/phase/cascade/ln2 guys can all compete fairly. pro's on water vs amature's on water would be great to see!

edit: also people cheating is a huge problem. any improvements to anti-cheating is a must do for the admininstration to consider. i think the primary concern for hwbot!

Edited by muzwa kai

maybe the real long term solution is for manufacturers to implement individual id's for cpu's, gpu's etc for every piece of hardware for validation like the cpu-z validation. it would require the smallest amount of data, though i have no idea how it would be implemented for each processor. something like cd keys for online games. maybe when manufacturers are more geared towards overclocking competition it may be possible to allow the smallest amount of individual data per microprocessor. it may seem like an impossible task, but it really would be such a miniscule part of a microprocessor

• Crew
50 pages, amazing

my god!

Well....that's life, we are only human beings, harder to read than to run Vantage with Vodoo :D

so i think having different class leagues is a great idea. though i think it would be cool to have different leagues for every type of cooling. so the air/water/phase/cascade/ln2 guys can all compete fairly. pro's on water vs amature's on water would be great to see

Seriously, it would be best, I think so ;)

Sw

Ps: un abrazo Dahaka, saludos a los amigos de Chile :)

Edited by Sweet

01 Jan 2011 is aim, but it's possible it'll be around February

Good Day Massman :) , will there will be a Beta Rev.4 for testing ? If yes when can you guys make that Beta work ? I would like to know, to understand where i stand right now and where should i focus next ,thank you.

Good Day Massman :) , will there will be a Beta Rev.4 for testing ? If yes when can you guys make that Beta work ? I would like to know, to understand where i stand right now and where should i focus next ,thank you.

Yes, there will be a beta version, but I'm not sure when exactly.

Okay.

Since the thread is a bit more quiet now, I can make a post that will be seen. Adjusting the plans a bit: we'll keep the current team format (all points awarded) and have some sort of PowerTeam ranking which is all about having top scores. This "split-up" is pretty much similar to the current Overclockers League versus Hardware Masters.

The big team league (all points) will, most likely, be main ranking for teams.

Now, does anyone have any suggestions to reduce hardware/score sharing?