HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

Guest Bullant
Just installed XP, played a while with 32m... TridentZ 3600 C16 @ 1.95v, no waza :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=4464&stc=1&d=1467322783

Looks good man but keep iols at 6-6,we'll always run them at 7-7-6-6-7-6 what the mem freq needed ,going tighter then this for me = bad eff as well as more added stress.Couple subs could be little to tight too but looking good man keep going

For 32m if waza is failing just drop back to 3866mhz first get it to pass then move forward from there,even if you have to run 12-12-12

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Testing my Kingston this morning for couple hours,gained another 100ms faster time then before that should help my b-die run,will try b-die later

Kingston AFR cpu water and memory air...

King.png

Hi guys need little help, probably my Mocf is damaged.

Everything work fine. The only problem is when i put a graphic card in the last 2 slot, i've code 32.

I've try with different vga (gen1-gen2-gen3), different PSU and different cpu, nothing help.

Sounds like somthings releted to DMI?

Pcb bent no, somethings happened during ln2 session i was searching cb setting with 6200le on last slot. During boot at -120c i was stoked at 62code, then reboot and find out vga is dead, along with the last 2 pci slot...

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

Guest Bullant

Was cold mfr morning here in Australia :)

Kingston mfr cold@ all 4Ghz 3830Mhz 11-15-15-28-300 Time 7m19.609

x1.png

Kingston mfr cold@ all 5Ghz 3600Mhz 11-15-15-28-300 Time 5m 57.766

x5.png

Kingston mfr cold@ all 5Ghz 3676Mhz 11-15-15-28-300 Time 5m 57.219

x4.png

Kingston mfr cold@ all 5Ghz 3738Mhz 11-15-15-28-300 Time 5m 56.921

x3.png

Kingston mfr cold@ all 5Ghz 3812Mhz 11-15-15-28-300 Time 5m 56.375

x2.png

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

Have you guys never find a G.skill kit capable of close waza, but alway not exact in round before the first loop?

With always i mean also 3733mhz...

I've try every mem voltage in step of 0,01 from 1,80 to 2v

This kit is very capable, i can close a spi without waza at 4080c12 tight and proper rtl 49-50-6-6 :(

Guest Bullant
Have you guys never find a G.skill kit capable of close waza, but alway not exact in round before the first loop?

With always i mean also 3733mhz...

I've try every mem voltage in step of 0,01 from 1,80 to 2v

This kit is very capable, i can close a spi without waza at 4080c12 tight and proper rtl 49-50-6-6 :(

Yes I've had a kit and I've heard few people have seen this on b-die were kit can pass 4133 12-12-12 32m without waza but only passes 3733 with waza

Yes I've had a kit and I've heard few people have seen this on b-die were kit can pass 4133 12-12-12 32m without waza but only passes 3733 with waza

I had a kit that was like this, but after many hours of testing vccio, vccsa, and dram volt combinations found one that allowed 4000c12 pass with waza

Guest Bullant

Another couple quick MFR runs tonight

newx4.png

This one with couple tighter sub timings,was little faster but not to be tonight

newx4-fail.png

man I had so much fun with this board this weekend but I am so dissapointed, I lost the score, my os got corrupt at end of session and I never exported the data file out of xtu and I couldnt get back into os, so I couldnt get the file.

I scored 2162 xtu at 6.33ghz cpu, 6.33ghz cache, 3970mhz cl12 mem, efficiency wasnt great but it's the first score I lost, what a crappy feeling, but the board was a lot of fun with my 6700k, gonna try and reproduce score tonight, that was my first real night with board.

I had trouble with 3733mhz cl13 on m8e.

so glad I got my score back last night, efficiency is so bad, but cpu is amazing. I really need to take break from ln2 and work on efficiency. For some reason perftune process wont change priority, even with process lasso. Need to try again before I disable any services maybe.

But I had such a blast with this board, cant wait to try geekbench tonight

Finally got my Mini OC Formula back in action. Here's a quick LN2 prep photo guide for the obsessive compulsive with a touch of wacko bencher

ASRock Z170 MOCF LN2 Prep - Album on Imgur

Here are a couple quick tests I did to make sure I didn't go too crazy and kill stuff. I really need to figure out my OS problem when used for SKL. When running 32m on Haswell my waza is closer to 550xxxxxx, oh well efficieny aside. Kit is G.Skill F4-4133C19D-16GTZ, kind of rare to say the least as there might be one other kit out there.

zGPsOVp.jpg?1

i3 6320

hgjD8LE.png

gFnsMgG.png

MPj4Qus.png

cWTmoCc.png

Why u don't try to install directly on MOCF?

Change ide mode in boot menu from bios then plug Sata in the doors close to 24pin atx and install.

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

This no need to install on another board, IDE makes life easy no special install is needed and no need to slip stream anything in to your current iso.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks...having a bit of a problem so wanted to check in here for thoughts/ideas.

z170m ocf has been running great with a 6320 and, recently, a 6700k (which I'm slowly figuring out). All was well during an ln2 session a couple days ago. Tore the setup down, put it back together and put a waterblock on the 6700k so I can set up an os, load some drivers, etc, etc.

Problem is that when I start the board, it flashes 19 then 00 (cycles those 1-3 times) then goes to 23. Per Splave's OP, 23 is "23 RTL/Mem failure -Try different RTL / timing or different vdimm or VCCSA". Board can't post atm so can't do anything in bios.

Pulled everything apart and sprayed the socket, cpu and dimm slots real good with contact cleaner. Also checked for bent pins and any other signs of damange...everything looks fine. Put the setup back together then tried again. Same problem :/ Tried single sticks in each slot (used 6 sticks total for tests).

Any ideas?? Is something dead?

Edited by funsoul

Hi folks...having a bit of a problem so wanted to check in here for thoughts/ideas.

z170m ocf has been running great with a 6320 and, recently, a 6700k (which I'm slowly figuring out). All was well during an ln2 session a couple days ago. Tore the setup down, put it back together and put a waterblock on the 6700k so I can set up an os, load some drivers, etc, etc.

Problem is that when I start the board, it flashes 19 then 00 (cycles those 1-3 times) then goes to 23. Per Splave's OP, 23 is "23 RTL/Mem failure -Try different RTL / timing or different vdimm or VCCSA". Board can't post atm so can't do anything in bios.

Pulled everything apart and sprayed the socket, cpu and dimm slots real good with contact cleaner. Also checked for bent pins and any other signs of damange...everything looks fine. Put the setup back together then tried again. Same problem :/ Tried single sticks in each slot (used 6 sticks total for tests).

Any ideas?? Is something dead?

Pull the CMOS battery out for a few minutes then you should be good to go. Then reflash MEI it might be corrupted, seems to happen sometimes when pushing memory.

Thanks l0ud. Gave it a shot...no go :( Still same codes.

Can you do me a favor and pull out a stick of memory and or swapping the order of the modules?

On an early revision of the M, I had to sometimes let the battery sit out for almost 10 minutes along with removing the 24 pin and clearing the CMOS but this has since been fixed on retail boards with the latest bios.