HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Wild Card Contest thread

Rauf

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO power boards won't do anything on the RX 460. The VRMs on the only 2 460s I would try to use both look plenty powerful. So you won't have power issues. As for power quality you could try put more caps on the VRM but the NCP should be driving each phase at 440Khz already and most recent AMD cards really didn't benefit from any of my attempts to add capacitors to the Vcore VRMs. What I would focus on is getting memory voltage, AUX, and .95V modded. Also if the memory doesn't scale with volts I would try tighter memory timings. Most AMD GPU BIOSs these days contain several sets of memory timings so it should be a case of just copying some lower clock timings into the higher clock timing slot.

No I'm not joining but I do want to mess with an RX 460. So I'll help where I can.

• Administrators

We discussed this when rules were made, we want the 460 even if it might be a bit inconvenient because we want same conditions for all and no vga/driver battle at different level. I am sure you can understand why, even though we are sorry for the inconvenience

P.S. This was a unanimous decision to keep the playing field even and also have better comparability of results

Just wanted to say that I think the idea that you have to register for the competition is a very good idea and would like that in all competitions. I have no problem with sandbagging, but when you don't even know who you're up against it's just too sneeky. There is constantly like 10 guys posting in the last hours who have posted nothing before...

Just wanted to say that I think the idea that you have to register for the competition is a very good idea and would like that in all competitions. I have no problem with sandbagging, but when you don't even know who you're up against it's just too sneeky. There is constantly like 10 guys posting in the last hours who have posted nothing before...

Agree,a much less probability to have a stroke while refreshing final rankings in a competition.

Ok, there are no official rules for 3D11 Physics. I see that some people in the low clock challenge have modified the settings, like modify resolution, ambient occlusion, etc. is that allowed? Changing things doesn't seem to affect score as it's all CPU calculations anyway...

Sigh, the 3dm11 rules apply for the competition and also for 3dm11 physics, I really wonder why people always change things after their own gusto. It is part of 3dm11 and it should be clear you don´t change settings.

Ok, how about running windowed mode? It can help to set bclk on the fly for boards that don't have oc keys or oc panel support. It doesn't really affect settings...

• Administrators

When resolution/benchmark settings are OK at fm link and shown result, I cannot check this anyway and afaik this has no influence on results. This is what I care about, the things I can check, so if you can provide a valid result with running this, it should be ok

When resolution/benchmark settings are OK at fm link and shown result, I cannot check this anyway and afaik this has no influence on results. This is what I care about, the things I can check, so if you can provide a valid result with running this, it should be ok

You can see it under settings in validation link. Windowed mode...

But maybe you can change exe-properties in windows to run it in window. Don't know if that is possible...

Sorry for bugging you, but i just want to make sure.

• Administrators

Small reminder, use the stated benchmark version and sysinfo, especially for stage 2 GPUPI for GPU 2,3x because I saw a lot of older versions lately at competition entries. This is not accpted anymore and upload of file will fail most likely anyway with older version :)