HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Wild Card Contest thread

Rauf

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soe we have a problem with the new point scheme.

A "tie" from the first looks...

The rules doesn't say, what happens, when there is a tie. So there's only one rule, that says, "Points are based on the percentage of the leading score in the stage."

so calculate one figure more behind the comma. Attached file anyway shows, that my points in gpupi should have been 99.7 instead of 99.6.

I'm not a bad looser, if everything went fine and according to the rules, but I have to show this here.

Finally got a good sleep, haven't been sleeping much in the past week haha ^^

Just wanted to say my opinion regarding the 'tied' points between me and Daniel here. Indeed Daniel is right - if we count the percentages up to 2 digits after comma, He got a 99.69xx in the GPUPI stage, but maybe since the HWBOT / OC-eSports engine only counted to one digit, it is listed as 99.6.

So with the competition page calculation, both me and Daniel got 297.3, where in reality it should be me getting 297.34xx, and Daniel getting 297.43xx.

As a competitive overclocker, when judging result based on percentage, I personally believe that no matter how little, every score percentage should count, since every little details of it comes from a great effort from the overclocker itself.

I've tried my hardest in this competition, spending every single day with testing and benching since the competition started, pushing everything that could results in better scores. But even after all that effort, and a lucky GPU that's 50Mhz better in FSE, Daniel still beat me by around 0.09% overall.

In my personal opinion, Daniel won against me, fair and square. I just have to try harder next time. But as usual, I'll wait for official confirmation from the judges about this :)

Btw, Congrats everyone, it was really a tight competition, looking forward to compete with you guys in the future competition ;)

Cheers,

Alva

Still wondering who won this, according to OC-E Sports page Alva's got it by .3 but he's saying Daniel may have won based on point fractions. This is a tough one because Alva wins 2 stages outright which usually means the overall winner but with Daniel winning a stage himself and having 2 higher ranked stages then Alva's worse stage I'm at a loss. Congratulations anyways as you will still get a great prize for 2nd place. Maybe a thumbwar is needed to determine the outcome of this one :P

• Administrators

OK, after the suspense at the last hours of the competition was enormous, we checked all scores, discussed a few of them, and the result now is final. We had to remove two scores, one of each of the top contenders (one x wrong screenshot, 1x wrong validatiion link) and now the result is final. It was a very intense competition, thanks to all participants and I really enjoyed the high level that was shown :) congratulation to Alva, Daniel and Allen for the top 3 spots

P.S. I had a question why the results are still on at hwbot - like for all normal ranking results, if you ask staff to fix these with enough proof, we will do so that the scores can stay at hwbot database and general ranking. This doesn´t mean they are valid for the competition they were posted for, wrong screenshot and FM link made them invalid at end of the wild card Contest for the qualifier

Edited by websmile