Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
Alex@ro

Asus Maximus IX Apex and Coffee Lake Cpu's !

Recommended Posts

I can overclock now. Thanks again guys!

On a side note, anyone know why I get post code 55 hang ups during reboots?

Grabbed 2018-12-15 11.28.42.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually, 55 is from RAM, so check the latencies, if you set them manually. Or increase RAM voltage a bit. Also you can try increasing the VCCIO and/or VCCSA voltage.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AutisticChris said:

@dreamcat4 @elmor Any chance of this bios making it to the M9A?

Well I never posted any BIOS made by elmor. But heres the latest one from Dsanke. See attachment.


Dec 19 2018
[12:47 PM] dsanke: Author: @dsanke
Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX
Based on: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X APEX 1801
ME: 11.7.0.1229
Microcodes: 506E0(0x18),506E1(0x2A),506E2(0x2E),506E3(0x74),506E8(0x34),906E9(0x5E),906EA(0x6A),906EB(0x5E),906EC(0x84).
Note: Flash via SPI Programmer. Support All LGA1151 CPU except Xeon and Skylake ES. AURA/SLI Fixed.

$ md5sum ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.bin
0c6637e1ea85f94f72dadd57c5c141b5  ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z
968d92d84f2869f69ca759c2452937b4  ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.bin

ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sabishiihito said:

What are the advantages of the new UEFI?

Just literally whatever was changed in the 10 apex. So for that, you need to consult the official apex 10 (z370) '1801' changelog / release notes. Which is being provided by ASUS, (not us).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 4:42 PM, jjxaker said:

Could you tell me what the difference in this two methods?  Also there is third method (with 2 pads isolating and 2 pads short) and now which one most techniclly correct? As anyone sayed there is method allow avoid modding CPU by shorting two pins near KBC but i dont understand how KBC lines may take affect on CPU socket.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sky lake and kaby lake continue to operate with the coffe lake hardware modification in the firts post or is it necessary to switch off?

It is not clear to me if the hardware change on the ix apex replaces only the two pins to short-circuit the cpu and therefore always serves the isolation of the pins under the cpu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, antome said:

sky lake and kaby lake continue to operate with the coffe lake hardware modification in the firts post or is it necessary to switch off?

It is not clear to me if the hardware change on the ix apex replaces only the two pins to short-circuit the cpu and therefore always serves the isolation of the pins under the cpu

I answer myself, 7600k leaves and works properly with hardware modification for coffe lake. Is the isolation of the pin for coffe lake necessary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, antome said:

I answer myself, 7600k leaves and works properly with hardware modification for coffe lake. Is the isolation of the pin for coffe lake necessary?

Only mod for MB is needed. you can use coffee lake cpu as is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys, 

Anyone tested M ix Apex with 9900K and latest @dsanke 1801 mod bios? 
To be clear, the steps from first post are still needed to flash modded bios to stock (yet) mobo? 

Edited by k2viper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, k2viper said:

Hello guys, 

Anyone tested M ix Apex with 9900K and latest @dsanke 1801 mod bios? 
To be clear, the steps from first post are still needed to flash modded bios to stock (yet) mobo? 

It works and better with A2 mems than 1704.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 12:42 PM, dreamcat4 said:

Well I never posted any BIOS made by elmor. But heres the latest one from Dsanke. See attachment.


Dec 19 2018
[12:47 PM] dsanke: Author: @dsanke
Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX
Based on: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X APEX 1801
ME: 11.7.0.1229
Microcodes: 506E0(0x18),506E1(0x2A),506E2(0x2E),506E3(0x74),506E8(0x34),906E9(0x5E),906EA(0x6A),906EB(0x5E),906EC(0x84).
Note: Flash via SPI Programmer. Support All LGA1151 CPU except Xeon and Skylake ES. AURA/SLI Fixed.

$ md5sum ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.bin
0c6637e1ea85f94f72dadd57c5c141b5  ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z
968d92d84f2869f69ca759c2452937b4  ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.bin

ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z

can i ask you how you adapt the bios for the apex ix? i am tryng to make the same but on an other z270 asus board (i am tryng to adapt the maximus x code bios to the maximus ix code). i allready have a modded ix code bios for support coffee lake that can be flashed with flashback but now i wanted the complete maximus x code z370 bios on mine but so that kabylake cpus can still boot :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8350K on IX apex:

Ok with BIOS 1804, but with 0094 boot stops at 03 or 18

What could be the issue?

Microcode?

Edited by superpatodonaldo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iirc, microcode for 8350K is not implemented in bios 0094. you need to add that one using mmtool first. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Modded the Apex IX and I am running Bios 0094.
Testing with a Celeron G4920.

Getting stuck at postcode 18.
Reading in this thread it seems the microcode isn't implemented in the bios.
@@rne You suggest to use mmtool.
I never used that.
Is that easy to do ?
Do you have any tips ?

Edit:
Which cpu's are in the 0094 bios ?

Edited by 5erveD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 6:42 AM, dreamcat4 said:

Well I never posted any BIOS made by elmor. But heres the latest one from Dsanke. See attachment.


Dec 19 2018
[12:47 PM] dsanke: Author: @dsanke
Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX
Based on: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X APEX 1801
ME: 11.7.0.1229
Microcodes: 506E0(0x18),506E1(0x2A),506E2(0x2E),506E3(0x74),506E8(0x34),906E9(0x5E),906EA(0x6A),906EB(0x5E),906EC(0x84).
Note: Flash via SPI Programmer. Support All LGA1151 CPU except Xeon and Skylake ES. AURA/SLI Fixed.

$ md5sum ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.bin
0c6637e1ea85f94f72dadd57c5c141b5  ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z
968d92d84f2869f69ca759c2452937b4  ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.bin

ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z

Can this bios be installed via the FLASHBACK? I got my 9900k running WITHOUT HT with the bios posted on the first page 0092

Thank you in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×