HWBOT Community Forums
Alex@ro

Asus Maximus IX Apex and Coffee Lake Cpu's !

I can overclock now. Thanks again guys!

On a side note, anyone know why I get post code 55 hang ups during reboots?

Grabbed 2018-12-15 11.28.42.jpg

Usually, 55 is from RAM, so check the latencies, if you set them manually. Or increase RAM voltage a bit. Also you can try increasing the VCCIO and/or VCCSA voltage.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AutisticChris said:

@dreamcat4 @elmor Any chance of this bios making it to the M9A?

Well I never posted any BIOS made by elmor. But heres the latest one from Dsanke. See attachment.

Dec 19 2018
[12:47 PM] dsanke: Author: @dsanke
Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX
Based on: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X APEX 1801
ME: 11.7.0.1229
Microcodes: 506E0(0x18),506E1(0x2A),506E2(0x2E),506E3(0x74),506E8(0x34),906E9(0x5E),906EA(0x6A),906EB(0x5E),906EC(0x84).
Note: Flash via SPI Programmer. Support All LGA1151 CPU except Xeon and Skylake ES. AURA/SLI Fixed.

$ md5sum ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.bin
0c6637e1ea85f94f72dadd57c5c141b5  ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z
968d92d84f2869f69ca759c2452937b4  ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.bin

ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-APEX-ASUS-1801.7z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, sabishiihito said:

What are the advantages of the new UEFI?

Just literally whatever was changed in the 10 apex. So for that, you need to consult the official apex 10 (z370) '1801' changelog / release notes. Which is being provided by ASUS, (not us).

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2018 at 4:42 PM, jjxaker said:

Could you tell me what the difference in this two methods?  Also there is third method (with 2 pads isolating and 2 pads short) and now which one most techniclly correct? As anyone sayed there is method allow avoid modding CPU by shorting two pins near KBC but i dont understand how KBC lines may take affect on CPU socket.

• Like 2

sky lake and kaby lake continue to operate with the coffe lake hardware modification in the firts post or is it necessary to switch off?

It is not clear to me if the hardware change on the ix apex replaces only the two pins to short-circuit the cpu and therefore always serves the isolation of the pins under the cpu

23 hours ago, antome said:

sky lake and kaby lake continue to operate with the coffe lake hardware modification in the firts post or is it necessary to switch off?

It is not clear to me if the hardware change on the ix apex replaces only the two pins to short-circuit the cpu and therefore always serves the isolation of the pins under the cpu

I answer myself, 7600k leaves and works properly with hardware modification for coffe lake. Is the isolation of the pin for coffe lake necessary?

Just now, antome said:

I answer myself, 7600k leaves and works properly with hardware modification for coffe lake. Is the isolation of the pin for coffe lake necessary?

Only mod for MB is needed. you can use coffee lake cpu as is.

Hello guys, 

Anyone tested M ix Apex with 9900K and latest @dsanke 1801 mod bios? 
To be clear, the steps from first post are still needed to flash modded bios to stock (yet) mobo? 

Edited by k2viper
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, k2viper said:

Hello guys, 

Anyone tested M ix Apex with 9900K and latest @dsanke 1801 mod bios? 
To be clear, the steps from first post are still needed to flash modded bios to stock (yet) mobo? 

It works and better with A2 mems than 1704.