HWBOT Community Forums

GRIFF - Rampage Extreme @ 700MHz - 700.02 MHz Reference Frequency

GRIFF

Thank you guys. With this cpu on Cascade and NB on air I haven't tried. I will try in the coming days. Impression that I am limited by the CPU. In my opinion the lack of over 700 results due to the cost and rarity of these boards. I have 3 other non-functioning ones. Two of which have SB dead. Let's see how they will go up once they are repaired. I wanted to say thanks to Tapakah, he sold me this card because he didn't go over 600 of fsb. The problem was the lack of compound between the NB and the heat sink.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2019 at 4:18 AM, GRIFF said:

Thank you guys. With this cpu on Cascade and NB on air I haven't tried. I will try in the coming days. Impression that I am limited by the CPU. In my opinion the lack of over 700 results due to the cost and rarity of these boards. I have 3 other non-functioning ones. Two of which have SB dead. Let's see how they will go up once they are repaired. I wanted to say thanks to Tapakah, he sold me this card because he didn't go over 600 of fsb. The problem was the lack of compound between the NB and the heat sink.

So just like my NIB board I bought from L0ud. Here is the factory paste job

Heatsink.jpg

Board_Box.jpg

• Like 1

Second case: -- heating, even minimal, of the SB from the card off, power supply connected to the 220V.  It heats up because the internal circuit of the SB supplied with 5Vsb voltage has low or short resistance. Normally in this case the card does not switch on.