HWBOT Community Forums

Official G.Skill 2020 Online Qualifier thread

Leeghoofd

A lot has gone into preparing this believe me. There's only so much that can be done in terms of unforseen events that are completely out of our control, but as always everyone will try their best to counter as many possible scenarios. 

I think you guys are going to have a blast in the qualifier and I look forward to seeing new and old faces this year.

Edited by l0ud_sil3nc3
  • Like 7

My dewars are in my pickup, find out this afternoon. Fingers crossed ha ha

Not worried though, my supplier still open as normal. Only businesses closed in my state are restaurants/bars (take out and delivery still OK) and salon/spa ect.

Edited by bigblock990

I think qualofiers should be delayed until state of emergency is gone. You can't get out of.home without good reason like vital.job.or health emergency. How would guys in Italy or France or Spain justify going to buy liquid nitrogen? This crysis if far from over, it just started, forget about qualifiers for 1 month if not more.

• Like 5

I haven’t asked my supplier yet, but I am waiting on RAM from the US which is taking a very long time in transport and getting my hands on a 9900k/kf/ks is proving difficult with most supplier here with no stock waiting on next generation. 

Unless we go in lockdown I believe getting dry ice at least will be possible, otherwise single stage may just be enough. 

On 3/20/2020 at 2:07 PM, Leeghoofd said:

A question pops up now the world is cracking under the Corona virus:

Is everybody still able to have access to Liquid Nitrogen  ?

My city, Capital city of Jakarta is an epidemic epicenter in here so far. Crisis seems still in it's early stages & increasing, non essential business told to close the office / WFH starting this week. It's planned for the next 2 weeks or more.
Haven't checked my LN2 supplier more than 1 month right now, since they didn't have delivery services for low volume buyers like me. But is expected to be more difficult.

Edited by IvanCupa
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Are you crazy, dumb or both? World will be on fire for 2 months if not for the rest of the year and you think about organising qualifiers on single stage or whatever ? That's your biggest concern right now?  Think how to protect yourself and your family better, supplies will be limited as time passes, we will see what happens but as of this moment there is no sunshine yet. 

• Like 2

I understand your point Alex, and it would be unfair to some if deliveries are unavailable, but thats life man.

Some of us will need a focus to take us away from the outside stress.

I still have a business to run during this time, but may need a distraction to give me something to do.

It is what it is, some can some can't, ces't la vie.

On another note, I beg you all take the best precautions, stay well and safe , and see you on the other side of this phenomenon.

• Haha 1