HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

massman thanks for explaining cleared things up nicely :)

So there will not be a cap on HW points added to your personal ranking score of 300 like there is currently? It will just be your top 20 point receiving scores?

So there will not be a cap on HW points added to your personal ranking score of 300 like there is currently? It will just be your top 20 point receiving scores?

Exactly! There is written "300 points limitation" on some pages still but this is a mistake. Your 20 best hardware-submissions will fully count on the total points in the oc-league!

If I'm not mistaken, CPUz will not get globals anymore... but Reference clock, for example, yes.

So, to be coherent, if CPUz won't get globals, reference clock would not get them too because if the reason behind is "Cedar Mills can obviously run higher than Wolfdales", then the same thinking could be applied to Reference clock: getting 600fsb on a 965/p35/p45/x48 is easy, it's harder to get 255 BCLK on X58 but no points here because 600>>>>>255.

Did I mess up something?

If I'm not mistaken, CPUz will not get globals anymore... but Reference clock, for example, yes.

So, to be coherent, if CPUz won't get globals, reference clock would not get them too because if the reason behind is "Cedar Mills can obviously run higher than Wolfdales", then the same thinking could be applied to Reference clock: getting 600fsb on a 965/p35/p45/x48 is easy, it's harder to get 255 BCLK on X58 but no points here because 600>>>>>255.

Did I mess up something?

You are correct and therefore this hwbot version and rev4 is not good.

the old version was much better.

Ah ok, thanks Chris, I misunderstood something then.

Anyway, I'm for the "give cpuz globals team" because every generation of VGAs, for instance, does higher scores than the old one in 3d benchs... it's easy to put 4xgtx580 with stock coolers with a ln2 cooled 980x@6ghz and take globals... it's harder to get a 4870 to 1110mhz gpu@ln2 togheter with the cpu, just to speak about our last submission. So, no globals for a 4870 in 3d benches (except for 01), but globals for a semi-stock rig with 4x400euros videocards.

I think it's the same situation...

Ehi chiller, I don't think rev4 isn't good, I have always been a Rev4 supporter just for the fact that HW Sharing isn't contributing SO MUCH in team points from now on.

As of today, the only thing on which I disagree, is this no globals for cpuz issue. :)

Neither gets globals, but they now get hardware points so you can still compete for points in CPU-Z and now as well with a bunch of other benchmarks against other people with the same hardware. :)

- PCMark04

- Reference clock

- Memory clock

- PCMark Vantage

- Heaven DX9

- 3DMark 11 Performance

Massman said them

I see where massman said pcmv, but maybe I missed the others. Why would only HW points be awarded for heaven dx9 and 3dm11. Aren't these the new standards, especially 3dm11 dx11? They should get globals imo.

I think this is pure garbage! I have never shared hardware with any of my teammates and I am being punished! Go back and take pictures of all my submittal's, a lot of the hardware, I do not have anymore. Why not just blank the database and make everyone start back at 0!!

I benched my ass off for 328 user points and 514 team points and every time at look at this crap beta, I lose points! Hell, I will be at minus 200 in a couple of hours.

Nice way to kill benching!

I think this is pure garbage! I have never shared hardware with any of my teammates and I am being punished! Go back and take pictures of all my submittal's, a lot of the hardware, I do not have anymore. Why not just blank the database and make everyone start back at 0!!

I benched my ass off for 328 user points and 514 team points and every time at look at this crap beta, I lose points! Hell, I will be at minus 200 in a couple of hours.

Nice way to kill benching!

There are a lot of people in your same situation. Try a different perspective. When benching for points that are worth nothing, becomes more important than just the fun of benching, it might be time to find a different hobby.;)

Well, the picture requirement is the same for all the people you compete with in rev 4 anyway.

Atm Rich is updating the server, which could cause some bugs I think. I checked my profile and my cup count is very low right now. I bet the boints are affected as well.

There are a lot of people in your same situation. Try a different perspective. When benching for points that are worth nothing, becomes more important than just the fun of benching, it might be time to find a different hobby.;)

I am fine with the elimination of the 0.1 benches. I am not fine with the elimination of hard earned points that already have been earned. Every new piece of hardware is a challenge. Now earning 3 points with some graphics cards is harder then earning 15 points with a 8800gt but you will not be rewarded. It still depends on how many people bench with a certain piece of hardware, Why not say only 10 graphics cards and 10 cpu models allowed.

Or Only 100 benches allowed from everyone of a certain item

Edited by Electroneng