HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

Sorry, missed the question.

No. This for the simple reason that if Hicookie would get 50 extra points for winning GOOC WW 2011 and thus beating the ASUS guys, Hicookie would win GOOC.

BUT!

Maybe we can start with adding points and only remove the competition points if turns out manufacturers are in fact taking advantage of this?

So only in the OC League for now?

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry to be so thick lol

Can you explain Power Team boints a little more? Do they only apply to fastest of each benchmark, or fastest of each peice of hw per benchmark. Does it matter how many cards/cores? When and where will they be able to be viewed?

How does this revision cut back on a team sharing value?

hum I don't see any points for

- PCMark04

- Reference clock

- Memory clock

- PCMark Vantage

- Heaven DX9

- 3DMark 11 Performance

Where is the magic (recalculate best submissions'' button ?

and when is it coming out for real?

before rev4 results need to have a picture too ? for the rev4 Enthusiast League

No more possible to delete results right ?

Massman please :)

thx

Edited by Christian Ney

Can you explain Power Team boints a little more? Do they only apply to fastest of each benchmark, or fastest of each peice of hw per benchmark. Does it matter how many cards/cores? When and where will they be able to be viewed?

good question. it would be nice to see how the Team points were calculated. not the equation - the points. the team points are so non-transparent so the team can not focus right. please make it more clear and viewabe at least for the team captains.

Good question.

First of all, it's important to understand the difference between a user ranking and a powerteam ranking. The user ranking is an hardware or global list of benchmark submissions filtered to show only the best score per user. Every single ranking of the current Rev3 is a user ranking.

If you go to our test server and look for any random ranking, you can see a little filter that says: "best of: member | team".

pt.png

If you click on 'member', it will show you the user rankings. If you click on 'team' it will show you the 'powerteam ranking'. For each global and hardware ranking you currently find in rev3, there is a user and powerteam version in rev4.

The points for a specific place in a user or powerteam ranking will be shown next to the submission. Currently this is not the case as the rankings need to be polished a bit. In any case, the way the powerteam points are calculated are very similar to the way the user points are calculated (both in rev3 and rev4): based on position within a ranking and the 'weight' or competitiveness of the ranking. In other words, the more teams are competing in a specific ranking, the more powerteam points you will get in the ranking. Note that just like the user ranking, the powerteam rankings are also split up based on amount of cores.

The maximum theoretical points you can get per ranking are:

- user, global = 150p

- user, hardware = 50p

- powerteam, global = 500p

- powerteam, hardware = 150p

As I mentioned in the opening post, the team points (on which the Teams League is based) are calculated as follows:

Team points = SUM(all powerpoints) + [ SUM(all user points) / 10]

In the current algoritm, the practical weight between user and powerpoints is +/_ fifty-fifty. By this I mean that you need a vast amount of user points in addition to the powerteam points to have a solid ranking.

As for sharing. Note that the current hardware sharing rules are still applicable! So sharing a CPU for CPU benchmarks is not allowed, sharing a GPU for GPU benchmarks is not allowed, etc. The benefit of illegal hardware sharing has decreased by a factor of 10.

Let me know if you have more questions.

No worries, just look for a gym in the neighbourhood!

I fall down #20 to #35....

I think rev.4 will be not good for me...cuz i always fought to get good scores at Global...

Nothing to do...i didn t like to worked a lot to reach top 20 or top 10....and not follow down again...

But....is not my decision...sometimes i think about to give up...and just bench for fun and not for ranking (that s important in my country)...

Can t effort more than i did ...

best regards

Edited by rbuass

Interesting note for the AMD lovers out there.

In the R3 version of the Overclockers League, the effect of hardware rankings was pretty minimal as there was a cap to 300. With the cap removed and the effect of hardware points determined by your 20 best (hardware) submissions, you can make your way to the top with AMD hardware too. For example:

- 10th AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE SuperPI 32M = 23 points

- 12th Intel Core i7 980X SuperPI 32M = 22,9 points

In theory you can get as much as 1000 points from 20 #1 hardware submissions.

//edit.

The same goes for the multi-gpu overclockers. You no longer need to focus on the highly competitive single GPU rankings to score points, you can now also score points in the competitive dual gpu rankings. For example:

- 5th 2x ATI Radeon HD 4870 3DMark06 = 16 points

- 14th 1x Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 3Dmark05 = 15,9 points

Edited by Massman

Most of us on the Xtremesystems Storage Forum would very much like to see points given for pcmv. Actually long overdue I would think.

I've been thinking the same thing... PCM04 no longer gets points and haven't for a bit now, PCMV would be a good replacement...

Vin

- PCMark04

- Reference clock

- Memory clock

- PCMark Vantage

- Heaven DX9

- 3DMark 11 Performance

Massman said them

my bad...didnt notice....guess i will get some boints after-all........

also i think the calculations are not done finally....right?

coz some of my submissions are wayy off the mark.......and miscalculated