HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Missed my point.

I understand your point!

Always try your best and most do! This new revision is what will kill the fun of it and cause a great deal of new hobby seekers.

They should just eliminate all points and start everyone back at 0 with a new revision!

that would make more sense then this!

Edited by Electroneng

Worked hard to reach top 20...top 15...now I am about #35...

I always benched looking for a global, cuz there in my country, we need to be good ranked to try some help from factory (brands...MSI, Corsair, GB, ASUS, eg.)...

"Some help" and no sponsored ok??? (sometimes 1 motherboard...sometimes 1 CPU...but never lots of help + sample"s" + LN2 (very expensive), etc.

Is really hard to know I spent lots of time and work to get a good place and now be so far the place i think is deserved.

But...i have no power to decide hwbot future...but i think hwbot could be keep personal points and to be changed only Team scores to prevent hardware sharing.

Best regards

Ehi chiller, I don't think rev4 isn't good, I have always been a Rev4 supporter just for the fact that HW Sharing isn't contributing SO MUCH in team points from now on.

As of today, the only thing on which I disagree, is this no globals for cpuz issue. :)

perfectly said... :thumbsup:

I don't see any users in the rankings this morning.

Am not a fan at all of the front page layout, the banner takes up too much real estate, the buttons and frames and fonts on everything is so big, and top submissions for the day is the first and only thing you can see without scrolling.

Worked hard to reach top 20...top 15...now I am about #35...

I always benched looking for a global, cuz there in my country, we need to be good ranked to try some help from factory (brands...MSI, Corsair, GB, ASUS, eg.)...

"Some help" and no sponsored ok??? (sometimes 1 motherboard...sometimes 1 CPU...but never lots of help + sample"s" + LN2 (very expensive), etc.

Is really hard to know I spent lots of time and work to get a good place and now be so far the place i think is deserved.

But...i have no power to decide hwbot future...but i think hwbot could be keep personal points and to be changed only Team scores to prevent hardware sharing.

Best regards

You didn't lose all of your hard worked for globals, you just need to get a some high rankings in a popular hardware category now and you'll be back up there :)

Well, the picture requirement is the same for all the people you compete with in rev 4 anyway.

Atm Rich is updating the server, which could cause some bugs I think. I checked my profile and my cup count is very low right now. I bet the boints are affected as well.

still under update atm

EDIT: updated, but I am still on the XOL !

Edited by Christian Ney

IMHO i'd be happier seeing Unigine DX9 getting no points and i'd love CPU-Z to get global points back :)

3DMark11... not fussed which (one) preset gets points, but I hope it is deemed ready for points at some stage soon :)

RAM and Reference clocks... hardware points is ok :)

There are a lot of people in your same situation. Try a different perspective. When benching for points that are worth nothing, becomes more important than just the fun of benching, it might be time to find a different hobby.;)

Im sorry Mr Scott but it isnt just about a hobby anymore. Its about a competitive sport, the very existance of hwbot makes it so. If it was just about a hobby then nobody would care about the points, h/w sharing or how any of it effects us, our teams and rankings. ;)

Jury is still out for me,

Strange how I can lose 1200 boints and yet have a higher Global ranking.

I am still having a tough time wrapping my head around this, when this goes live will that be the point where you choose where you are competing???

I have sub zero, water and air submissions....

If you are in the middle leauge, will water and air count ?

and where do single stagers and cascades fit into the mix ?

I do like the fact that all forms of hardware will be able to compete in rev 4, some of the most dedicated guys I talk with on the forums use older forms of hardware and they are evevery bit as skilled and dedicated to this sport/hobby/PITA as any I know

So I am excited to see how it all shakes out, I hope there is not a mass exoduss of benchers as it is a bit frustrating to lose so many hard earned points, as everyone here knows the hours and the money involved....

But I have to say, I hope everyone gives it a fair chance ... and if it does end up sucking there is always rev 5

So for the oc league, if I understand correctly - top 15 global scores and top 20 h/w scores are used to establish rankings. So I think I have two questions.

1. Globals are given for six 2D benches (excluding cpuz now) and seven 3D benches for a total of 13 benches. Yet 15 global scores count toward the rankings. How do we get 15 to count toward our score? Must the other two be multi vga or can globals from 2D also apply. For example pcm05 4x core AND pcm05 6x core both count toward the ranking?

2. If a given global bench is used in the computation of the oc league score can that same bench (assuming it has a high h/w score) also be used for the h/w top 20?

It would be nice for pcmv to get globals, otherwise - I like what I am seeing.

Edited by SteveRo

So for the oc league, if I understand correctly - top 15 global scores and top 20 h/w scores are used to establish rankings. So I think I have two questions.

1. Globals are given for six 2D benches (excluding cpuz now) and seven 3D benches for a total of 13 benches. Yet 15 global scores count toward the rankings. How do we get 15 to count toward our score? Must the other two be multi vga or can globals from 2D also apply. For example pcm05 4x core AND pcm05 6x core both count toward the ranking?

2. If a given global bench is used in the computation of the oc league score can that same bench (assuming it has a high h/w score) also be used for the h/w top 20?

It would be nice for pcmv to get globals, otherwise - I like what I am seeing.

1. Yes. The engine searches through your profile and looks for the 15 most rewarding global (global+3dwr) scores. It's possible that multiple scores come from the same benchmarks, eg: 2x CPU PCMark05 and 4x CPU PCMark05. All global rankings (benchmark and cores/gpu used) can be used to contribute to your profile.

2. Yes. A global ranking is completely different from a hardware ranking. The top-20 hardware scores are, just like the global scores, taken from your personal pool of hardware submissions. It's possible that one score is contributing through global and hardware points.

1. Yes. The engine searches through your profile and looks for the 15 most rewarding global (global+3dwr) scores. It's possible that multiple scores come from the same benchmarks, eg: 2x CPU PCMark05 and 4x CPU PCMark05. All global rankings (benchmark and cores/gpu used) can be used to contribute to your profile.

2. Yes. A global ranking is completely different from a hardware ranking. The top-20 hardware scores are, just like the global scores, taken from your personal pool of hardware submissions. It's possible that one score is contributing through global and hardware points.

lol,

yes

and

yes, that was easy!