HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if it's possible to implement this, but is it possible to remove the delete button for scores that have been reported? If so, then it's a good idea to allow users to delete their own results, but if not... then it's better to ask a moderator - too many cases with deleted screenshots in the past...

• Crew

First thought - navigation became really nasty. The top border is too wide meaning you can't see any useful info without scrolling. It would be better if everything vital would be right when the screen is opened and only additional info would require scrolling the page down.

Can't see team members list on the members tab in team profile - is that a bug or a feature? :D

Can't see rankings within country, for example: http://uat.hwbot.org/country/canada

Not all results are indexed, is it true? Looks like some profiles aren't in the rankings.

And typos of all kinds like:

The Enthusiast League
but
The Enthousiast league is based on a members

Hard to look around with the server overloaded, but looks like it will be fun.

Bring CPUZ back, though. Raw speed gives a visceral reaction that matters. The argument for removing it is just plain weak. Might as well ditch 3D01 too because it's really a test that merely measures the performance of a few old-generation green cards.

Question: How to do you see Power team points? How do you see how many team points were generated by a submission?

If everyone is honest this will work very good, but when people sell outstanding hardware within the team (what I find legit if they pay "normal" prices) that could cause an unbalance in rankings. Also if you find a good let's say 775 chip or a nice VGA you pair with a good Sandy you'll go through the ranking like a hot knife through butter. it will be interesting to see how that will come out in the end.

They crippled hw sharing (and team points) so selling good hw to team mates is essentially crippled also, isn't it?

Issues:

300 hw points limit applied on Teams pages "Points Earned" box.

Global Points: 1,436.20

Hardware Points: 15,298.00 (limited to 300 points for personal total points)

Total Points: 1,736.20

I liked the quick search and benchmark lists on the page. Perhaps a drop down could be added to the main bar, if you want less clutter on the page.

//rofl http://uat.hwbot.org/user/massmansucks/

///You were just mad that we knocked you off the top 20 page, so you made a whole new Rev to pass us :P JK.

////Game on!

CPU-Z

GPU-Z

max memory speed

max bus speed

max ...

Those all are just maximum operating frequencies and they shouldn't be awarded with points.

In new revision those will get HW points but no global points. This is very locigal idea. (Except GPU-Z)

This is a good change!

• Crew

Don't think so.

Max CPU frequency is where it all began. Max bus speed tells us a bit about the speed of the system and max memory speed tells nothing.

Can you tell what is better - DDR2-800 3-2-2- or DDR2-1000 6-6-6-? The last has higher frequency it should be rewarded higher, right?

I just think that removing CPU-Z was incorrect. As for other speed things - they don't tell us much about the resultive speed of the system so I agree with you.

• Crew

Don't think so.

Max CPU frequency is where it all began. Max bus speed tells us a bit about the speed of the system and max memory speed tells nothing.

Can you tell what is better - DDR2-800 3-2-2- or DDR2-1000 6-6-6-? The last has higher frequency it should be rewarded higher, right?

I just think that removing CPU-Z was incorrect. As for other speed things - they don't tell us much about the resultive speed of the system so I agree with you.

CPU-Z

GPU-Z

max memory speed

max bus speed

max ...

Those all are just maximum operating frequencies and they shouldn't be awarded with points.

In new revision those will get HW points but no global points. This is very locigal idea. (Except GPU-Z)

This is a good change!

And when you are testing e.g. super pi, that isn't maximum operating frequencies? CPU-Z is a test to see what is the maximum your cpu could handle and it is always great to see high frequency

After all, aren't we a community that should together decide on such things, not just 1,2,3... people? If a lot of us want it to be included, then what is the obstacle?

Viewing on iphone is horridible, fyi. Any chance of mobile friendly coding?

The new backend code is 100% ready to make a mobile version of the site. That means: if we have the time to make a mobile version, it should not be that much work.

any chance to see the points distribution for the team league? when i'm on the team page there are listed the global points and all hardware points. it would be better to see the points whichwere used to calculate the team points, especially the power team points with a little bit more information where the points come from because now it is not so easy to see like in rev3. tray to make the for the ranking counting points more and easy viewable.

and why stands there hardware points limit 300? i dont see any limitation in your equation.

Teams league = ∑ {powerteam (global + hardware) + [user points (global + hardware) / 4} (is the divisor now constant at 4 or will it change? on the first post it is a 10. )

bugs/errors

- http://uat.hwbot.org/league/oc - on the right stands "The Enthusiast League." but it is clearly the oc League

- where is the members list? when i'm klicking on members on the team page there is no list. just the top5 scorer

Any answer to this? :)

Sorry, missed the question.

No. This for the simple reason that if Hicookie would get 50 extra points for winning GOOC WW 2011 and thus beating the ASUS guys, Hicookie would win GOOC.

BUT!

Maybe we can start with adding points and only remove the competition points if turns out manufacturers are in fact taking advantage of this?