HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rankings:

As for: the Overclockers League: the new algoritm has no hw cap. Instead of using a hardware cap, we've limited the hardware points contribution to your personal total to SUM(top-20 hw results). So, the maximum hw points you can reach is 20x50=1000p. But, to reach that, you'll have to be 1st in 20 highly competitive rankings!

Awesome idea of calculation! Also due to the limitation of TOP15 Benchmarks global even if there will be 3DM 2013, 2015, UH2, AM5 etc. you can focus on your TOP15 favourite benchmarks - GREAT!

Also I noticed I haven't lost places this time, it's more or less exactly the same as before - I have a certain balance of scores so this does fit quite good. I can climb up rankings with focusing on popular rankings.

If everyone is honest this will work very good, but when people sell outstanding hardware within the team (what I find legit if they pay "normal" prices) that could cause an unbalance in rankings. Also if you find a good let's say 775 chip or a nice VGA you pair with a good Sandy you'll go through the ranking like a hot knife through butter. it will be interesting to see how that will come out in the end.

Anyway the best guys will be able to hit 900-1000 hwboints with focusing on 20 good submissions and then it will be about global scores again so it is not a major issue at all. I smell a lot movement and tactics in the future as if you're not able to break the global score of sb you can still give him a big hit when you are able to crack his best hw-submissions.

I know it's a very hard point to discuss about but maybe at a certain point there will be field for a serial nr. or something to make sure that the same card/cpu isn't benched over and over again. Or set a limitation that max. 3 users of a team may have same serial used (inkl. at least one picture in on 3D submission with that card, e.g. mandatory when you first make a submission with a new card you haven't had before).

Need to read a bit more into it but the first impression is most important and it's damn good ;)

I only hope the design will get a bit more "compact" - it looks very clean but everything is like twice as big as it must be or do I only feel so? Maybe it's made by intention as massman's eyes are not that good anymore? :P

(somebody expected a post without a side-poke on massman? you expected wrong! :D )

Edited by SoF

will be field for a serial nr.

Useless, until we have mechanism to track hardware s/n by software, like CPU-Z CPUID or CPU name instruction read. Those who want cheat - will cheat no matter if serial number field will be implemented or not, just more headache to honest overclockers.

+1 Vote to CPU-Z Globals. 7G is 7G, no matter if it's gulfy or cedary, it's all about raw frequency, not about performance. We can use different rankings per core amount for example, as we have for wPrime etc. cedars will go 1xCPU rank then, amd's will go 2xcpu 3xcpu , etcetcetc.

Also country rankings give E404.

+1 To more compact design too , please.

Love the hwbotie logo in R4.

Edited by TiN

+1 to get the CPUz globals back.

if you take the liberty of comparing 7GHz on a Gulftown to 7GHz on a Cedarmill, then also compare 10s 1M on a Gulftown and 10s 1M on a CedarMill - each type of CPU has its own partypiece

I was looking at OC league "USA ranking" and when you click on "show next 20" it reverts to the overall OC league rankings while going to the next 20 members.

Early bug? just thought I'd share. :)

I kind of like the no globals for CPUz

As for batch: we are implementing this feature so users can track down results with a specific CPU. The Hardware Library feature will make extensive use of the batch (and serial) field. Hold on to 4.1 to see what we really want to do with the Hardware Library :).

I only hope the design will get a bit more "compact" - it looks very clean but everything is like twice as big as it must be or do I only feel so? Maybe it's made by intention as massman's eyes are not that good anymore? :P

+1 To more compact design too , please.

What do you mean with "more compact"?

For outsiders, the current frontpage is completely uncomprehensible (too much info in too little space). R4 should already be a lot more simple (with the sidebar on the left removed)?

Don't have much time to dig into it now, will come back and look through everything once finals are over.

I am somewhat curious about one thing though, what's the motivation behind removing the 300 hardware point cap for the enthusiast league? I just ask since it seems kind of contradictory to describe the enthusiast league as "The top of the overclockers league is the gateway to professional, sponsored overclocking. " and to have the 8th ranked user have less then 200 global/WR points.

Not trying to single anyone out, just want to learn more about the change :)

Edit: I do see that there is still a score on the user page which has HW points capped to 300 so maybe it's still around in some form :shrug:

I am somewhat curious about one thing though, what's the motivation behind removing the 300 hardware point cap for the enthusiast league? I just ask since it seems kind of contradictory to describe the enthusiast league as "The top of the overclockers league is the gateway to professional, sponsored overclocking. " and to have the 8th ranked user have less then 200 global/WR points.

There is no hardware cap to 300 anymore. Typo on the page.

I don't quite follow the logic behind removing CPUZ for globals either, one CPU type has to be the best choice for one type of benchmark, by applying the same logic to any other benchmark we're left with nothing:p

IMO it's kinda cool that old tech can still pwn in some way, even though the performance is shit.

@TiN agreed on the issues with sn # but maybe the hardware lib will make some things more open :)

@Design The tables are too wide (in height and witdh or only on my 24"?) and I personally badly miss the sidebar.

There is not that much information on the screen, you will need a lot subpages and so on. This is a highly user-based perception. What you say "too much info in too little space" was actually something I (as somebody involved in the topic) did always liked about the design.

example: the new "today's submission" is now 1060x600 for 10 results

the old page is roughly 800x500 for 20 results (not so nicely arranged, could need a little rework)

So the actual "information per area"-rate has decreased a bit too much. Hard to explain, as I said it is highly depending if you like it compact or not.

€: oh and I actually welcome the fact of no CPUz points! raw-MHZ technically doesn't mean everything these days and we should see it that way. But on the other side, maybe there will be CPUs able to get somewhere near the old scores at some day and then we would have to re-activate them. So well if most of the ppl would like it, I don't see that much of a big issue there, just personally at the moment and due to the technical evolution I wouldn't count them in.

Edited by SoF

Now I can navigate to the benchmark global leaderboards (could be simpler)..... I see its ranked as:

Hardware - Results - User - Team - score - points

IMHO, hardware and results should be beside the score, not separated by the user and team :)

Would "results" be better if renamed to "MHz"? :)

"The Overclockers league is based on a members best 15 global & worldrecord submissions, and the best 20 submissions with the most 'hardware' and 'competition' points."

Say say your highest HW point submission is also one your best global submission do you get the full amount of points 2 times? IE

0+50+50 2nd place global submission for gtx-555 in 3dmark2001

0+50+50 1st place hardware submission for gtx-555 3dmark2001

Is the resulting points added to your total 100? or 200.