HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark05 , keep or remove from hwbot.

chispy

Keep , remove or update the Rules of PCMark05  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Keep , remove or update the Rules of PCMark05

• Keep PCMark05 and the Rules as it is.
    • Keep PCMark05 but make new , improved up to date Rules, whats allowed and whats not.
    • Keep PCMark05 update the Rules as anything and everything goes and remove the 220xp start up cap
    • Remove PCMark05 from hwbot.

The 220 cap is staying ??? :/ Bad Desision Bad, we are still back in 2007 ??? Seems that after many years we stil gotta hold back our hardware ??? This is Completely unacceptable by me and goes after what overclocking its all about and the principles of whats overclocking.

Im out of this game then and i wont play it anymore ,very unffair to keep the 220 cap and to add the other new rules , have fun everyone i will fade away now , I have a NewBorn Baby about to come into this world , Now i will spend all my time with new Baby and maybe leave hwbot and never come back , theres a time in life when we got to move on ... Ill go back to my old hobbie or find me a new one , overclocking does not apeal to me anymore and i am no longer interested.

Sincerely Dissapointed: Angelo.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

New rules suck. Just one small step in the right direction is not enough. You told was is allowed and what is not about one single subtest (video/audio encoding). And the rules already existed about RAMdisk (HDD sybtests) and browser (replacing with a third-side browser).

So PCMark doesn't have any other tests? What about transparent windows - what's allowed and what is not? And so on.

• Crew
The 220 cap is staying ??? :/ Bad Desision Bad, we are still back in 2007 ??? Seems that after many years we stil gotta hold back our hardware ??? This is Completely unacceptable by me and goes after what overclocking its all about and the principles of whats overclocking.

Im out of this game then and i wont play it anymore ,very unffair to keep the 220 cap and to add the other new rules , have fun everyone i will fade away now , I have a NewBorn Baby about to come into this world , Now i will spend all my time with new Baby and maybe leave hwbot and never come back , theres a time in life when we got to move on ... Ill go back to my old hobbie or find me a new one , overclocking does not apeal to me anymore and i am no longer interested.

Sincerely Dissapointed: Angelo.

if this is completely unacceptable for you then just don't bench pcmark05.

seriously, if you quit overclocking\hwbot just because of one benchmark that has a cap, nobody can help you.

and good luck with your baby.

If that Baby cries anyway near as much as you do you're in trouble.

Kthnxbai

:D

So PCMark doesn't have any other tests? What about transparent windows - what's allowed and what is not? And so on.

You can tweak the subtest app all you want (OS/driver/mouse-moving). You can't change that subtest app.

Has Transparent Windows -ever- been a problem? No, it hasn't. It was just something someone figured out (mouse-moving) and others didn't.

Short comment on the cap: it was 50/50 on keeping it or not. Either way would've made some people unhappy. So, as the cap has pretty much been with PCMark05 since forever, I decided to keep it.

It's a part of what defines PCMark05 as benchmark.

Good call, IMO, Massman. I support that.

• 2 weeks later...

I think some people have more front than sainsbury's commenting on this topic - especially when you look at the scores people have achieved, which quite frankly are cheats, but somehow got passed right under the noses of the mods.

Anyhoo - I love this benchmark, I hate the cheaters and especially the hypocritical ones.

I sincerely hope we keep this test and that the rules become tighter than a ducks arse - and that (as a big a job as it may be) the mods take the time to strip people of any cheated score they have, although if you do that you might find the same names rolling over and over, then you have to ask if that type of person deserves to be here at all.

Moderating this site must be tons of work for you guys, I know people may not always agree with what you say or do (rev4 being the thing I disagree with most) - but you have my respect for doing what you do.