HWBOT Community Forums

Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II

HD7970DCUII01.jpg

Some time after launches of graphics cards come modified versions from partner manufacturers. ASUS now appears to be one of the first with his 7970 DirectCU II.

normal_HD7970DCUII02.jpg

It is a fairly well-equipped cards where everything from circuit boards to the cooler has been redesigned.

normal_HD7970DCUII03.jpg

The cooler consists of 6 heating pipes, which is directly exposed to the graphics core. The tubes connected to a generous heatsink which is cooled by two 100 mm fans. ASUS states that the cooler should be 20% cooler than reference, and 14 dB quieter. It comes at the cost of room and board will take all three PCI Express locations in width.

normal_HD7970DCUII04.jpg

The actual circuit board has been upgraded to include 12-phase power supply. With direct control of the tension via ASUS's own overclocking utility, GPU Tweak.

normal_HD7970DCUII05.jpg

Otherwise, the graphics card factory overclocked to 1 GHz core and 1400 MHz on the graphics memory. A lift on 75 MHz and 25 MHz from the reference card. It is worth mentioning that it also supports six monitors, on a card.

normal_HD7970DCUII06.jpg

Source: TechSweden.org

http://www.techpowerup.com/159003/ASUS-Radeon-HD-7970-DirectCu-II-Graphics-Card-Pictured.html

This card also features what is called "VGA Hotwire", which is a 2-pin cable, one end of which needs to be soldered onto the graphics card, the other is plugged into a special header on ROG Rampage IV series motherboards. This allows advanced users to eliminate the need for variable resistors and use the motherboard's voltage controller to tune come key voltage domains of the graphics card as if it were the motherboard's.

180g.jpg

180f.jpg

as others said you can wait other brands, no one forcing you to buy Asus, it's normal marketing world, you want EASY XE oc ? buy my product (easy for who has money and want XE oc )

PS: that's why Hipro5 don't OVclock anymore? he has money but no more fun for him i think...

buy a matrix/lightning or WTH they call it (all shifts by asus/gbt/msi marketing) if you have 2k dollars money for the new VGA buy them X 5 and go to -180 run the EASY SW tools(easy huh ? use your mouse and go higher ) run the benchmark and say WOW i am in top 5 HAF :D

stilö love the P5K vanilla time (7 mods), the only time i enjoyed OC P35 with a lot of tweaks and fun....

Edited by Hiwa

as others said you can wait other brands, no one forcing you to buy Asus, it's normal marketing world, you want EASY XE oc ? buy my product (easy for who has money and want XE oc )

PS: that's why Hipro5 don't OVclock anymore? he has money but no more fun for him i think...

buy a matrix/lightning or WTH they call it (all shifts by asus/gbt/msi marketing) if you have 2k dollars money for the new VGA buy them X 5 and go to -180 run the EASY SW tools(easy huh ? use your mouse and go higher ) run the benchmark and say WOW i am in top 5 HAF :D

stilö love the P5K vanilla time (7 mods), the only time i enjoyed OC P35 with a lot of tweaks and fun....

If that was towards me, it was a joke, hence the smiley. You may not like the ease of use, but atleast vendors are catering to the extreme segment by adding these features into their hardware. This VGA comes with solder spots to get it working with features that they have implemented on their top of the line motherboard.

If that was towards me, it was a joke, hence the smiley. You may not like the ease of use, but atleast vendors are catering to the extreme segment by adding these features into their hardware. This VGA comes with solder spots to get it working with features that they have implemented on their top of the line motherboard.

was i quote your post?

i love to play new hardware, mainboard or vga or memory, and also like their new futures but no more fun when they are all cpu limited, we will see a guy one day with 5.9 SBE and break all scores with aircooling GPU....

Edited by Hiwa

My reference 7970 is full of cables and variable recistors, but max it can do is 1600MHz/2000MHz with bad performance. Even you know how to mod, you still need to have good GPU as well. There you need to have supergood contacts or waste stupid amount of money.

The fact, that overclocking have become a lot more easy with software voltage control, does not take any credit out from the guys who did run their GTX 580 lightnings 1600MHz+. There is still a lot of work on those runs.

I don't know what was the point of my post, but I wrote this anyway :)

• 5 months later...