HWBOT Community Forums

Nordichardware Leaks Ivy Bridge OC results (more records at 6.9G)

Massman

Just found this news on a local site called Hardware.info (http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/26951/intel-core-i7-3770k-verbreekt-superpi-records)

Original link: http://www.nordichardware.com/news/79-overclocking/45573-intel-ivy-bridge-runs-superpi-i-at-nearly-7-ghz-exclusive.html

SuperPi_1M-small.jpg

superpirecord.png

SuperPi_32M-small.jpg

The first samples of Intel's brand new 'Ivy Bridge' generation processors circulating for a while in the less formal system, much to the dismay of the chip giant. It is therefore no surprise that we of the new generation Core i7 processors for socket LGA 1155 can expect, because the specifications, the overclocking results and the pre-order prices are already known for some time. Luckily let overclockers who already have such a 22nm processor in order to not deter yet to publish benchmark results in the maximum stable clock speed of the chip is checked.

At Nordic Hardware has managed to lay one hand on an exclusive benchmarks, made with a heavily overclocked Core i7 3770K quad-core processor. If SuperPi benchmark has been dug up an old benchmark the speed of a core can test. This shows that the new generation of Ivy Bridge processors under liquid nitrogen to be able to go through the test is stable at a speed of 6961 MHz. That's faster than the fastest 'Sandy Bridge generation CPU that once this benchmark has gone through (that was a Core i7 2600K at 6042 MHz) and also faster than the highest measured clock speed on a "Gulftown" processor (a Core i7 980X to 6930 MHz). The world record SuperPi 1M in state at time of writing at 5.781 seconds, achieved with the aforementioned Core i7 980X six-core processor. The highest clocked Core i7 2600K set a time of 6.109 seconds down.

The new Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 3770K took according to the article on Nordic Hardware clocked at 6961 MHz under liquid nitrogen, considerably higher than the record with the older baked at 32nm Sandy Bridge processors. There is also another marginally better performance per clock tick by, due to optimizations in the architecture. This record speed yielded the fastest time ever in SuperPi 1M, namely 5.187 seconds. This is the old world record in these single-core benchmark by more than 10% broken, a very good performance.

For this record SuperPi 1M time in a test system was put together with an ASUS Maximus V Gene motherboard and 4 GB of DDR3 memory in dual channel configuration. Because this benchmark also relies heavily on memory, these two strips to the extreme. The DDR3 modules working at 2652 MHz with latencies of 7-11-7-28 very tight clock ticking. The processor was given according to CPU-Z Vcore voltage from 1.896 to process, but did not have to be disabled cores. Hyperthreading was well off, because this technology is not useful in a single threaded application like SuperPi and have more power entails.

The overclockers with this Core i7 3770K to battle with it also have a run on 32M institution can accomplish. Here, the processor in the same manner as charged with 1M, but with a much larger set of data. The processor is therefore longer busy, and will therefore need to be properly cooled continuously to avoid instability. Instead of a few seconds it took to compute 1M SuperPi 32M with the overclocked Core i7 3770K processor 5 minutes and 2.843 seconds. It was, moreover, at a slightly lower clock rate, ie 6650 MHz. The memory worked in this test also slightly slower, but with the same tight latencies.

Also this time, a new world record, because the current record is 5 minutes and 13.719 seconds. For overclockers there is plenty to discover with the new Ivy Bridge processor, despite the fact that the Base Clock is still limited but can be overclocked (~ 10%) and there is a limit to the highest adjustable multiplier. The Ivy Bridge processor that here the direction was 7 GHz overclocked appeared on a Base Clock 110.5 MHz up to work, a pleasant overclocking margin that may be slightly larger than that of the Sandy Bridge generation processors. All images are from Nordic Hardware.

:woot:

i am so happy i have E0, all E1 seems like shit ...

Actually, from what I've heard it's just a matter of sample size.

E0 seems better because people have tested more E0 samples than E1 samples. I was told a 'random' E1 is better than a 'random' E0. It's just that if you only have 5x E1 to test and 500x E0 ... you beat the chance game :).

I don't think these scores were made in Sweden ... or even Europe, in fact :D

I got a hint that the name of that country starts with T and ends in to N... could not figure it out, cause I don't know any overclockers from Turkmenistan???

E0 seems better because people have tested more E0 samples than E1 samples. I was told a 'random' E1 is better than a 'random' E0. It's just that if you only have 5x E1 to test and 500x E0 ... you beat the chance game :).

I don't want to refute this, but my E1 sample is like a piece of ****...it's very hot even with small voltage...and where my 2600K retail hit ~65-70 °C, Ivy hit above 100 °C...

could have they artificially limited IB so that 24/7 users will have to buy SB instead? (and the issue "magically" disappears when SB stocks dry out)

I've heard that Intel are reluctant to make SB-E look terrible.... which is what we all know full-speed Ivy WILL do...

3770K E0 ES = 3870K like one year later

980X A0 = 990X...

sounds plausible mythbusters :D

Break out your OC keys and EVBots for Vantage. high 6.x for GPU tests, low 6.x for CPU tests perhaps.

as soon as a 1155 board supports oc-key I am in - for now it only seems to be available on X79...

to re-activate RoG-connect is a more possible scenario for it :D