HWBOT Community Forums

Members (others) abusing OC League

M.Beier

Ninja delete, activate!

Right. And as forum admin it's impossible for me to see these "ninja"-deleted forum posts ...

:P

If they move, why would they complain? :) They move, they are not moveD. Important difference :)

I meant to say "get moved".

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha Marc is the modern day OC community clown

Very funny thread, funnier still that there are a couple of people taking you seriously LOL

Marc in PRO league, oh snap Marmott you cannot pass m.Beier cause he is about to take the 32M SuperPi world record with his BH5 sticks, watch out Andre!!!!

He earns money for that you know? That's what is totally unfair!!!!

Plz! By now stop using M.Beier pictures/movies etc on public forums without calling his agent!

My office is open from 9 to 11am from tuesday to friday. Bring me the cash if you want an appointment !!

Marc....I dont get any point what you mean in this thread I joined on hwbot I dont care where are I am in Professional Overclockers League or Overclockers League all same for me nothing different. I ocing cuz I love this game...nothing more

• Crew
You don't have profit from overclocking, so you can't move to the Pro League.

I thought this was obvious by now ... :rolleyes:

No overclock means spending time with my GF watching Desperate housewhores all nite... might not be financial benefit, but at least I have some time off from the couch duty :P

*puts on his serious hat*

Gentlemen,

First off, I don't get why some people get offensive & some defensive when the words "Pro OC league" appear...

A lot of people say "I don't care about my rank" but if you change their rank ( not necessarily by switching them into another league, hypothetically even just by editing the rank in the database ) and lower it by 100 spots, the next second they'll start whining.

So, some people need to clear their minds, do they care about their rank or not.

On-topic now.

I'm with knopflerbruce & Marc on this, with the following criteria only of course:

Having the opportunity to somehow ( how you do it doesn't matter, as long as the hardware to bin from comes for free, whether you keep all of them, or you keep the best 1-2-3-4-5 of them, for free or paying the normal rate they go on the shelves for ) test XXX amount of 3770Ks or 7970 Lightnings for free and then keep the good one ( or a few good ones ) for free or by paying only for the keepers and at a normal or reasonable price ( no, 3000$+ for a 3770K ain't reasonable, nor normal :P ) then they should be on the Pro OC League, willingly by preference or forcibly in the end.

If somebody has got the money to buy 100s of CPUs and VGAs from retailers, then he is free to choose whichever league he desires, it's his money, his motives, his work.

That's something everyone can do ( assuming that they have the money to do it :P )

Having a shop/distributor/whatever giving you hundreds or even 20-50 pieces to bin isn't something everyone can do, how many people are doing that ?

Like 10 globally ?

Maybe 20 ?

If it's more than 20, then it must be pretty simple, would you guys mind sharing your technique on cutting a deal with a shop ? Catch phrase maybe ? :D

In essence:

Binning 100s of CPUs and/or VGAs with your own money, buying all of them from shops = ok, any league

Binning 100s of CPUs and/or VGAs without paying for them, but only pay for the ones you keep or even getting those for free = Pro OC League