HWBOT Community Forums

[BUGS] Let us know if you experience issues!

I finally installed 4.2.0.8 for 3570k/Asus P8Z77v Pro and install went fine here .

It did install a updated Intel ME (9.5.10) and Intel watchdog timer (listed 2 times in programs and features ,no version #) .

This installs 2 services the XTU service and watchdog one . no issues with install and the benchmarked worked right out of box(745marks) .

Oh, should it save the last BM values the next time you launch XTU ?

Only thing on OC is only things supported are ref bclock freq , per core multiplier and additional turbo voltage.

no other power limits or memory timings (I only have core section ) , no GPU as I never installed HD driver .

OC features seem to work and profiles fine too .

Edited by edkiefer

Massman Can confirm that the stand alone method of installing the earlier version and then the latest version does not work. I still require to connect to the internet. Three different versions of Win7, two Windows 8 and the latest Windows8.1 all tried and all needed Lan to work.

Maybe next time the software design team will allow a stand alone install.

I am getting error now with benchmarking , it did work on first day . I only ran it few times .

I played a little today with clocks and figure give it a ty and get error right away as soon as you hit button (like others have mentioned) .

nothing has changed and I am always on internet with no router even . I checked all services just in case but all seem running (Intel services) .

You want me to send logs or you have enough already ?

Edit am on win7 64bit Pro

found these lines in the GUI log file

2013/10/28-19:32:15.6091|INFO] Starting benchmark process: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Extreme Tuning Utility\Binaries\p95-bench.exe

2013/10/28-19:32:15.6791|INFO] Benchmark run completed - parsing results file

2013/10/28-19:32:15.7121|!ERR] Benchmark process completed successfully, but the results file does not exist

Edit : ok it all of sudden is working now after few restarts of XTU , I didn't do anything different .

Ok, this seems weird, if I have palemoon running and start XTU , BM works and then it seems I can close PM out and run BM . but if I just try XTU BM w/o web-broswer its not working . Have to test this more to make sure .

Edit2 ,no its not that, its just buggy on working .

Edited by edkiefer

That is an error I have not seen yet, interesting. Could you send me a screenshot of the error, as well as the two log files?

To get the log files:

- folder: C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

- delete all

- open XTU, when you get the error zip the folder and mail it to me

Mail: pieter@hwb...

That is an error I have not seen yet, interesting. Could you send me a screenshot of the error, as well as the two log files?

To get the log files:

- folder: C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

- delete all

- open XTU, when you get the error zip the folder and mail it to me

Mail: pieter@hwb...

1) you want the whole folder not just log folder ?

It is ok to delete all the .sdf files in the "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility" folder ?

2)Your email is not displaying fully , maybe PM me it if you like (shows this only "pieter@hwb..." ).

ok, sent logs with pic of XTU too

note on the XTUcore log there is a line error with divide by zero line .

I didn't check timestamp with other BM line .

Also of note , first time in yr when I started system I got window to connect to network even though I was connected and my mail (windows live ) was set to offline .

not sure if there all connected but I mention it . A reboot and it didn't happen again .

Ed

Edited by edkiefer

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by The Mutt

I think I might have a bug. 4.2 version that supports Sandy Bridge refuses to start, it just says: Unable to start Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application.

4.1 works but with that I can´t run the benchmark...

Anyone with the same problem?

I managed to re-created this issue, and forwarded it to Intel. V4.2.0.6 worked fine on the system, when upgrading to x.8 I get this message.

Was there a fix for this? I didn't see one.

• Crew

Interesting find here:

Installed fresh Win7 OS on Z77 UP7 platform with LAN enabled. Then installed, rebooted and ran the 4.1 version. Followed by the 2.08 one, rebooted and it works straight out of the box. No Intel nor MEI drivers installed... nor any updates or long hookup to the internet...

The same OS we could not get to work on Z87, no matter how hard we tried , no matter how many updates or time it was connected to the internet... weird

Interesting find here:

Installed fresh Win7 OS on Z77 UP7 platform with LAN enabled. Then installed, rebooted and ran the 4.1 version. Followed by the 2.08 one, rebooted and it works straight out of the box. No Intel nor MEI drivers installed... nor any updates or long hookup to the internet...

The same OS we could not get to work on Z87, no matter how hard we tried , no matter how many updates or time it was connected to the internet... weird

with ME , maybe because you just did fresh install you already had latest one so XTU didn't install any .

For me XTU did install newer ME as my Asus P8Z77v pro is about yr old or so .

For me the Benchmark is very buggy . when first installed it ran fine then after few reboots sometimes it works and sometimes not, more not .

I am on Win7 64bit Pro OS and always connect to the net, cable modem here.

Originally Posted by The Mutt

I think I might have a bug. 4.2 version that supports Sandy Bridge refuses to start, it just says: Unable to start Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application.

4.1 works but with that I can´t run the benchmark...

Anyone with the same problem?

I managed to re-created this issue, and forwarded it to Intel. V4.2.0.6 worked fine on the system, when upgrading to x.8 I get this message.

Was there a fix for this? I didn't see one.

I did find out that this is a single core issue only. I swapped the cpu to something different and everything worked ok. same o/s -nothing but swap to a 2500k.

Any tips to get this working on a single core SB? I can see that a few guys have got it to run. What is the secret? I guess I will try a W7 install.

Edit: Windows 7 64 I got same error. : I guess I give up on xtu for now...

Edited by xsuperbgx

• Crew
with ME , maybe because you just did fresh install you already had latest one so XTU didn't install any .

For me XTU did install newer ME as my Asus P8Z77v pro is about yr old or so .

For me the Benchmark is very buggy . when first installed it ran fine then after few reboots sometimes it works and sometimes not, more not .

I am on Win7 64bit Pro OS and always connect to the net, cable modem here.

I did not install any Intel drivers mate (not Inf nor MEI) , if XTU did that's something else... I can't get this thing working without this workaround on X79 nor Z87

Interesting find here:

What if you try with X79, but a Sandy Bridge-E chip? Same situation like with Ivy Bridge?

Strange thing I noticed with this

Unable to start Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application.

XTU worked fine with a 3570K on a Z77 OC Formula. I removed 3570K and installed i3 3245 for Country Cup, I installed the needed java file needed to open the .jar file for Hwbot Prime. When I went to run XTU on the i3 3245 I received that prompt when opening. I removed the java SDK and still had same issue. I can no longer get XTU to run on this Z77 OC Formula even with installing the 3570K back in. There's no way I'm gonna wipe the drive just so I can run XTU. Kinda sucks too, XTU provides over inflated points that I'll miss out on now :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have weird situation with i7-4960X ES and Rampage IV Black Edition. Everything on stock settings, so no instability. XTU version 4208.

When I choose Benchmarking and press "Run" i got immediately such info:

"The benchmark process hes failed and no score was generated as a result".

Is it a fault of the mainboard?

Hi all,

I've had my Asus ROG Hero and 4770k for a few months now and everything has been running great, but I've decided to install the Intel Extreme tuning Utility and try it out. My final score is 572 and that's running pretty much everything on Auto except a few things. So CPU is running at 3.5GHZ turbo pusing it to 3.9GHZ and my Ram is running at stock speeds using the XMP profile at 2400mhz.

What I've notice is that the CPU Utilization keeps bouncing around from 100% to 40% over and over again and my temps are not higher then 59C so it's not a temperature issue but it looks like the CPU is throttling down for some reason. Look at my attachment and specifically the blue line which is the CPU Utilization it's going up and down like a yo-yo.

I went into the BIOS and even disable SpeedStep and Intel adaptive thermal monitor and I get the same results...

Can anybody help me out? I am just wondering if it's normal for the CPU utilization to bounce like that or should it be 1000% for the whole benchmark?

thanks in advance.

Edited by alamakluke