HWBOT Community Forums

[BUGS] Let us know if you experience issues!

• Crew

Hooked up the PC to the internet (Windows updates DISABLED),network detected, selected public network and started XTU, it took quite some time before the screen appeared, it popped up and it worked... not a single Windows Update was done !

Can confirm here, had to do a reinstall of Win7 and XTU worked simply while I was connected to the internet.

57mg.jpg

Tried that mate. Now spent six hours on this. Fresh install. Only LAN driver, VGA and Chipset. Windows Update enabled as this is what fixed Sniper Oz's problems.

Reinstalled tried withy only LAn, Reinstalled tried with all updates enabled. CPU is stock memory is at 1333mhz and the system is totally stable I tested with Prime and Linx for abit just to see.

I'm getting the same error here, can't get a single run to start.

Is it possible for HWBot to host the latest version or the version we're supposed to be using? Intel's download page sucks.

So this thing will only run if you're connected to the internet?

Edited by Gunslinger

• Crew

I ran into issue when prepping the OS for the X79 setup. The just hook it up to the internet didn't work in the same way as with the Z87... I had to install a whole lot of updates before it started to work...

Plz provide PJ with the log files which you can find here: C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (you have to make hidden folders visible)

Which updates?? I downloaded all from WIndows update as Sniper Oz said this helped him. Still samne error. Mike if you get it going let me know how. Six hours now wasted and still no go.

Intel need to sort this!! Its on pro cup and the HyperX Kingston comp which is only on for four weeks gives them very little time. Maybe change Pro Oc to a bench that works?? Cine or similar???

I just tried on daily rig!! Same error. I am going to try at work tomorrow also.

I got it working using retail OS, no tweaking it, combined with internet connection. Win7 64 bit as well as Win8.1 64 bit, needed to install .NET 3.5 and couple of other files as well, but Win8.1 sorted those out automatically.

FWIW, scored 7 points higher in Win 8.1 at exact same clocks.

That's impressive OC on mem up one and lower CL by 2 , what voltage did it need to pull that off ?

Little off topic does XTU install many added services ,as I was thinking of using it to tweak settings in windows , then once found sweet spot set bios .

Instead of constant reboots to bios .