HWBOT Community Forums

[BUGS] Let us know if you experience issues!

You hook them up to the internet and it doesn't fix itself. That's weird. Can you get me some log files at pieter@thisdomain?

To get the log files:

- folder: C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

- delete all

- open XTU, when you get the error zip the folder and mail it to me

..installed XTU on fresh 8.1 x64 on RIVBE

Next boot up I dont get any display after the welcome Sprave screen...

EDIT: More info, Black screen no mouse. GTX-780 on latest beta. Tried 6600GT and AMD 2900xt same, tried different slots same.

Trying again now on SSD, maybe raptor is dieing.

Should I just not install display drivers?

Edited by Splave

Honestly guys this bench in its current format is shyte, and you really need to sort out how it works.

I do not see why I have to have LAN driver installed and have to do all sorts of updates to run it. If Intel can not make a bench work as a stand alone then it does not have a place here on HWBOt. The amount of crap we have gone through to get this POS to work is ridiculous.

Leeghoofd I so understand where you are coming from mate. My thing is OS tweaking and trying to make an OS work for this benchmark has been a nightmare.

Pieter I appreciate the financial benefits having an official Intel partnership brings to the party: but dude they have to step up and make a working stand alone benchmark available to the community.

The earlier version works no problems sort it or loose it.

There are well over 900 submissions incoming per week, it's not like this benchmark is not working at all. So please put some things in perspective, there is no need to over-generalize things. Furthermore, as I pointed out earlier we have been sending information back and forth to fix the situation. But there is very little I can do with comments like "this is shyte" and "it doesn't work".

Please send me logs. The more logs we have, the faster we can resolve this issue.

Sigh.

This has nothing to do with being loyal to a sponsor, but everything to do with trying to solve a problem. You say it's complete shyte while I look at the numbers (900 subs a week). I see they are not down since before V4.2.0.8. Therefore I conclude there is a specific problem with the software, affecting specific systems, and not a general problem. Specific problems we can only analyze with specific information. Hence, please send logs. Logs, logs logs.

Also, I do not have my head in the sand. I have repeatedly acknowledged problems, requested more detailed information, and forwarded that information to the team at Intel. They are aware of the the problem and are looking into it.

I honestly do not understand why you are responding this way ... :confused:

I honestly do not understand why you are responding this way ... :confused:

Sigh right back at you mate. :P

Frustration I guess - it has been a long two weeks, two dead CPUs and more hours spent trying to work out why this one bench would not just run as it should, than were realisticaly available. A benchmark should just work when you run it in my view.

Before a product is released into the mainstream one would hope there would have been some kind of testing taking place, and I am sure that Intel have done heaps of testing before releasing this version. I guess I am spoilt by the high standards HWBOT has delivered historically. Pretty much all of the benchmarks you guys have presented as standards just work. No fiddling around, no LAN needed, no Auto Updates needed. Just install and run. So apologies for expecting the same high standards this time round. And no I am not being ironic, I sincerely mean that.

This time round it has been a bit different has it not? Because his version of XTU requires all kinds of interventions and other things to be installed and active before it works. I do appreciate you acknowledging that HWBOT and Intel are aware of the problem. That is the first time you have said that as far as I am aware. Thank you. :)

Accept my apologies for the terminology used to describe the benchmark previously. And clearly you do not have your head in the sand with regard to the short comings of this incantation of XTU.

Today at MSI we had the chance to look further into this bug. We got the latest version of XTU working fairly easy on X79. For those having problems, try this:

• Make sure you have HPET enabled in BIOS!
  • Install V4.1.0.12
  • Hook system up to internet
  • Download V4.2.0.8 from the Intel download site (link)
  • Install V4.2.0.8
  • Reboot

For us this method worked every time. It might be possible that you don't need to install the older version either, we did not check that.

Let me know if this works. If it does, I'll sticky it.

Edited by Massman

Stole my mother in laws USB wireless drive, installed XTU latest on clean SP1 Win7 with no extra .nets only INF/USB3/MEI and works good. Seems interwebz is the key. She just called me and asked why her interet does not work, I told her it must be down.... :P

Id love to have it work offline in future if possible :) she will want internet back at some point.

Stole my mother in laws USB wireless drive, installed XTU latest on clean SP1 Win7 with no extra .nets only INF/USB3/MEI and works good. Seems interwebz is the key. She just called me and asked why her interet does not work, I told her it must be down.... :P

Id love to have it work offline in future if possible :) she will want internet back at some point.

No internetz for the mother in law, time for her to make you a sammich:D

• Crew
Today at MSI we had the chance to look further into this bug. We got the latest version of XTU working fairly easy on X79. For those having problems, try this:

• Make sure you have HPET enabled in BIOS!
  • Install V4.1.0.12
  • Hook system up to internet
  • Download V4.2.0.8 from the Intel download site (link)
  • Install V4.2.0.8
  • Reboot

For us this method worked every time. It might be possible that you don't need to install the older version either, we did not check that.

Let me know if this works. If it does, I'll sticky it.

No go, after that did all possible updates besides IE10 and the darn thing still doesn't work on my Z87. v4.1.012 works perfect.... We can conclude that this thing is not linked to Windows updates

Edited by Leeghoofd