HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE H55 miniITX contest thread.

Planet

As I already told on OCX, there is a valid reason why this cannot be done now (specifically, not having any Lynnfield at the moment).

If this is a case of double standard, fair enough, use the "gigabyte employee rule" to remove my (not my own, obviously) super-cheat-photoshopped scores, it's not like I lose anything in a "fun" contest.

As I already told on OCX, there is a valid reason why this cannot be done now (specifically, not having any Lynnfield at the moment).

If this is a case of double standard, fair enough, use the "gigabyte employee rule" to remove my (not my own, obviously) super-cheat-photoshopped scores, it's not like I lose anything in a "fun" contest.

It's not a double standard. It's a legit question.

Then why there's discussion about videos- was it mentioned in the rules before competition?

Sam has attended in a few live events where people have seen his skills. And you can check his other Pi submissions- he always has great cpc. There's nothing special- afaik at least dino and massman have access to OCX tweaking section and you have seen his video explanation to cdt so there's nothing new and the rest of the settings are seen on the screenshots

Not really happy that Sam's results are gone.

It there was a problem with a result then that problem needed to be resolved. One way or another. So far all I have heard is a request of video footage, and a request for proof. The implication is that the result that was posted is bugged or bogus. Now if it is bugged then fine it should not be in the competition and Sam pulled a result that was apparently bugged early in the first weeks of the submissions. What was missing was the why there should be a need for proof or why there was a need for a video of the runs Sam did. That why is quite important I think.

So my question is this. Was there a problem with the submissions? If yes what kind of problem was it?

Bugged run? How was it bugged please point out what a novice 32Mil bencher like me just did not see.

Bogus? Well that is far more serious. If this is the claim then it is time to expand and lay it out for scrutiny. Expand and explain please why and what has roused suspicion.

Just because the submissions have been pulled does not make this situation go away or alter the fact that a persons integrity has been cast into doubt. I think the time is here for people to put up or fold. Detail what issues or problems were suspected about the submissions and post them.

Because if Sam has done no wrong then a few public apologies are going to be required I think.

Appart from score and person, i think its no big deal to ask for some more validation in a contest where its all about trust, because of the 4Ghz limit.

Besides that, id love to see a score like Sam's actually being done on video. It doesn't even have to include CW etc ... just cpu-z showing 4Ghz and the superpi screen running 32M would clear up things for sure :)

Edit: ooh bye the way, congrats to Nickshih for winning Stage2.

Not because he came #1, but because of the really amazing score he pulled of. Great benching there Nick ;)

Edited by ME4ME

• Crew

hey sam, dont remove your result bro, thats the wrong way to go about this,

i dont think anyone here said, dude your cheating, they wanted to see yoru amazing result..

i dont think the SCORE is in question, because its not, if you hit those settings, youll get that score... whats in question is if its capable to do that settings on this platform.. if i were you id show and make everyone stfu

if you post a video i am more than happy to do the same man

hey sam, dont remove your result bro, thats the wrong way to go about this,

i dont think anyone here said, dude your cheating, they wanted to see yoru amazing result..

i dont think the SCORE is in question, because its not, if you hit those settings, youll get that score... whats in question is if its capable to do that settings on this platform.. if i were you id show and make everyone stfu

if you post a video i am more than happy to do the same man

Thanks pro

So what happened with the result, was it removed by mods or did sam take it down? Whoever did it why was it done?

Clare I will explain why i asked for a video run. Sam posted a score in the early stage of the competition with a time of 8m47s running on air cooling with 235Mhz bclock on 2:10 ratio 7-8-6.

I am going to spend some time to talk about this result first

4000-8m47grp7.jpg

Now if you've ever seriously tried to bench H55 or p55 platform even you will know how extremely hard if not impossible to actually be able to run these settings on air cooling. 2:10 ratio is the hardest ratio to run on this platform. The P55 range is also stronger and has a higher likelihood of actually achieving such OC

Sam not only managed to get it up to 235 but he got the timings, ratio and a 4Ghz run out of it. Now the time. I do not think that time is possible with those settings. If he was able to hit 8m50s or so i could see that happening perhaps dip into 49 but to find another 2.5 seconds with those subtimings, well i don't think that is possible personally.

I know Sam's OS and people close to me have tested it. It is nothing special and clock for clock his efficiency is no better than any decent 32M bencher. I can guarantee you that 100%. The settings he used are all doable at those clocks, George O/C questioned his TREF as it looked wild. I havent tested the tref but i have other settings and they are all doable (cold). That TREF is out of CPUTweaker range so only a bios straight boot to 235 with 2:10 would be able to give that TREF so it can be checked. That run was booted into windows at 235 as Sam was not aware of SetFSB at the time and CPU Tweaker itself does not update...it shows the bclock you boot at.

NOW, no one commented on that score and it was up in the rankings for a couple of days and then it disappeared........Why? Why did Sam pull that score? Did he try to save it for the end? Was he hiding something? Some guys asked and got no response. This behaviour to me is suspicious particularly because of the circumstances in which scores were obtained with settings done on air cooling and a wild efficiency which should not be doable with those settings. I can tell you that i have actually tested my 870 during F1OC last year with 235MHz 2:10 with 7-7-6-x (YES tRCD was 7 which gains a good 3 seconds) and my time was about the same as Sam's, perhaps up to half a second faster. Things may have changed since a year ago when i did that testing too but my air testing seems slightly more efficient but certainly not to the extent this score seems to be at.

I asked Sam on OCX last week to do a video of his 8m47s run and i expressed my doubts back then. I was met with the usual excuse used in the past dealings with Sam when the scores were questionable and in this case the response was that he borrowed CPUs (2) and returned them, he also sold his Corsair kit used in this run to Kovsk.

Second score i have less issues with but at the same time i marvelled the 250MHz bclock and I honestly wanted to see this happen in action. I do not doubt the efficiency of that run. That time to me looks on par judging by the settings used. What is extremely tough here is just hitting that bclock on this board and why i wanted to see a video. I thought that Sam might have obtained the chip again as he also had new RAM in the new run (G.Skill).

Why did Sam post 8m48s time as his final time and not 8m47s in the end that is another mystery :confused:

So let's be clear about this. I did not call Sam a cheat or wanted his results removed because i doubt the results. I consider myself well versed in SuperPi and Gigabyte board overclocking to be able to tell what is and what isnt doable on the fly with some exceptions. I wanted simply some form of clarification, proof, something that I am wrong and he is right. Sam has a history of cheating unfortunately and once you do it is up to you to be as transparent as possible and not leave any doubt in people. Every time someone quizzed Sam about his results in the past the same thing would happen, typical OPB behaviour. Remove scores, shout profanities, call people out as haters, world against me, I am master and everyone else is a noob, small guy having fun against bitter opponents. This sort of behaviour only further confirms in my mind the guilt they feel and the psychological response they give off.

Sam, please I beg you, borrow that CPU back and link this thread to the owner that I am asking him PLEASE to give you that chip back so you can do a video and put this case to bed. I would love to be wrong and have no problems apologising for doubting you if this truly is the case.

Clare, the reason i have not asked anyone else to show me their time is that I have specifically concentrated on 4GHz category and there is no other time in that category that surprised me the least. Well maybe massman's time...that was gay but otherwise it all looked fine to me. I did do some benching with 655K on P55 board a couple of months ago and was faster clock for clock compared to Sam's first 6Ghz score he posted with less QPI but i attributed some of it possibly to being on a better platform perhaps (i was actually not even using my normal Pi OS so that run of his certainly was comprehensively beaten). One thing that was a big surprise to me is that the VRM was actually able to handle such load but seeing how many guys clocks past 6GHz with those volts it obviously wasn't a one off. Had there been only one guy with 400Mhz more clocks than the rest well that clearly would have deserved another PLEASE EXPLAIN. Is that fair?

It is nice that pro has expressed a wish to repeat his run on video and that's great. If others want to join in that would be great too. I can do it myself as well no problems. Sam do the video and I am sure any of us that you feel should do one too can be done as well if you reckon someone else had results that don't match up.

Edited by dinos22

As for first score- yes he pulled it because of strange tREF bug as he already expected exactly you would be whining :P

But he already had sold his GT kit to Kovsk, so I borrowed him my GSkill PS kit to make new run which he submitted yesterday and it was done under LN2 not air cooling ;)

As for first score- yes he pulled it because of strange tREF bug as he already expected exactly you would be whining :P

But he already had sold his GT kit to Kovsk, so I borrowed him my GSkill PS kit to make new run which he submitted yesterday and it was done under LN2 not air cooling ;)

when was the second run done then?

of course i know the second run was done under subzero :D