HWBOT Community Forums

Bench desks - IDEA, Hacks and organisation tips

Trouffman

What type of Desk/storage do you use to bench ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Desk/storage do you use to bench ?

• Normal desk enough space
    • Normal desk not enough space
    • Dedicated desk
    • Dedicated storage
    • I dont' use table, it is a big mess

• Crew

Hey guys,

As I send away the garden table that i use for ages as a secondary desk i was wondering what kind of setup you guys have for benching ?

and of course a poll with that !

* Straight on the dinng table ?

* straight on the desk and struggling to get enough space

* Dedicated Desk (which size ?)

* IKEA Desk

* No need table...

also wonderign what you gys do to keep space to work ont he modding etc on a separate desk or the same.

Also for the monitor, to you try to lift them above the desk so the bench setup is not in front ?

What do you use to sort your gear ?

My actual desk :

attachment.php?attachmentid=2371&stc=1&d=1408488987

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Is that a stock cooler I see?

Ban!! Immediately. :D

I bench in both my room and in the garage where I have tables. I have also taken the garden table into the garage to bench when it was raining outside. Some of my very early submissions have pictures and you can see it. I still live with the parents you see, I'm 21. :D

Edited by TheMadDutchDude

Best "hack" I can give is to own as little components as possible. Makes things simple to organise and is good for your wallet.

All the stuff I currently own (boards, psus, pots, etc) will easily fit into one large suitcase. I've been sharing the same monitor between 24/7 and benching setups by means of KVM switch for years. But now that I'm moving from place to place, I use laptop for web and place benching setup wherever I can fit it - from on top of a suitcase to its current state on top of a small bedside table:

image_id_1161414.jpeg

Edited by TaPaKaH

Oh you guys must see my team mate Gubben's place. I benched with him last week, it's a dedicated barn just for benching. Complete with two height adjustable tables, lots of work benches with chiller and SS, ... and in the room next door there's every possible machine for making mounting accesories in POM or other plastics. Really a heaven for an overclocker, if you like practicality in favor for finesse :D

I took some pics when I was there, I'll upload them if Gubben is ok with it :)

Best "hack" I can give is to own as little components as possible. Makes things simple to organise and is good for your wallet.

You? Owning small amount of hw?? You must have sold off tons of stuff.

I didn't bench anything for a while but, I still have a dedicated place for that...sort of :)

I have a room which is used as warehouse (no IT related)/space for broken or not used computers/ boxes with hardware. In there I have a small dining table(120x50 I think) and a chair. All the hardware used for an oc session is on that table, including display, keyboard, etc. As for benchtable I am using the box from P45T-UD3P. I will not upload any picture 'cause it's nothing interesting to see. :)

I hope I will finish my custom benchtable this autumn.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Hey,yeah I just bench one config at a time,also like you say prepare and have hardware in sight,I also will sometimes have air or 3D config set up as well just for testing.

Also as I bench Asrock,Gigabyte I often have one of each sample setup,the tables keep going around a bit more in the room that is not seen in pics like a U shape has another bench with bits and the wife has a computer in the corner ahah

The tables are quite cheap and just seems nicer to have little more room for prepare and store

I have never benched with anyone els also never seen anyone els bench live,would be nice to one day bench with someone as I think it would be great,I've only been benching for 2-3years

Edited by Bullant

• 2 weeks later...