HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2014 thread.

Massman

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bullant

I guess if sub timings were shown in pics this would also help a little if a score was questionable,I cant really speak for all new comers into this low clock thing but all the regulars and their is quite a few, I think they are all quite honest.

I quite like that Hwbot has bought the low clock into the cup as it does teach you a lot about overclocking and tweaking your system,running 3D or 2D you really got to have a low clock efficiency starting point to give you a guide on how your efficiency is going.

Last time turned out ok, only very few cheaters remember? :)

http://hwbot.org/competition/country_cup_2013/stage/1158_superpi_32m_low_clock_challenge

it's always a challenge as we all rely on honesty of others and we know majority of people are honest but some are not. Last time there was some people with dodgy results removed from what Pieter told me so it's not going to be a surprise if we see it happen again.

Why intel and amd put together in spi32 when the latter have no chance ?

For me it's a bad cup , no stage for the poor.

I'm doing the Kabini stage for Belgium. Shaving off minutes of efficiency rendering the 'expensive' Haswell runs not so relevant.

Athlon 5350 = 50€

ASUS AM1I-A = 30€

:D

I'm doing the Kabini stage for Belgium. Shaving off minutes of efficiency rendering the 'expensive' Haswell runs not so relevant.

Athlon 5350 = 50€

ASUS AM1I-A = 30€

:D

You and me both, I figured out last year you are only as fast as your slowest sub :)

5350 in hand waiting for board tomorrow and then we battle PJ :D

I guess if sub timings were shown in pics this would also help a little if a score was questionable,I cant really speak for all new comers into this low clock thing but all the regulars and their is quite a few, I think they are all quite honest.

I quite like that Hwbot has bought the low clock into the cup as it does teach you a lot about overclocking and tweaking your system,running 3D or 2D you really got to have a low clock efficiency starting point to give you a guide on how your efficiency is going.

Yeah man I love it, I think it's awesome to have stages where peeps without extreme cooling can hang and the focus is on tweaking. I just figured I'd say what was on everyone's minds anyway and make sure I wasn't missing something.

Maybe the dearth of submissions so far in the Enthusiast Ice Storm stage results from some confusion ;) as there is *no such card* as an R7 270X. There is an R9 270X, and an R7 260X; I'm assuming that the organizers meant the former, but could we get clarification Massman?

Also just to be clear, is GTX 660 Ti allowed, or only non-Ti? It might increase participation to allow it.

I submitted the following for XTU, but there's nowhere on the submission to add a screenshot.

I've attached the screenshot in the extra pictures, but the automatic system doesn't pick up the screenshot.

How can I get this added to the competition since it "doesn't meet criteria" based on the automatic system?

http://hwbot.org/submission/2675779_atminside_xtu_core_i7_4770k_1169_marks

you can take the wallpaper from the main page of the competition, it's in FHD ^^

The wallpaper is there, but XTU covers it...

That's not what's kicking the sub from being applicable to the competition, the issue is there's nowhere to put a "screenshot" on an XTU sub.

The only pictures you can upload are the "system" pictures.

Hm, it seems a lot of people are having the same issue.

The problem is that the screenshot is attached as a "media". Pretty much like a system picture. The engine checks the verification screenshot field and only if that field is filled out, it will accept the submission as valid.

The best way to submit a competition result is by going via the competition stage submission functionality. So,

> http://hwbot.org/submit/competition/country_cup_2014/

> http://hwbot.org/submit/competition_stage/1818

Upload the validation file and you'll find the verification screenshot option at the bottom.

I will ask the development team to always show the verification screenshot option, even for regular submission forms.