HWBOT Community Forums

Remembering Turrican: Bench for a good cause (and buy a T-shirt)

_mat_

ES allowed in Stage 1 ? :)

EDIT:

Can i use GPU for bench and what will be count for age, system CPU age or GPU age ?

EDIT2: Or if used CPU for calculation count CPU age if GPU used count GPU age and in both case better is oldest CPU or GPU ?

Edited by GunGod

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GunGod says:

ES allowed in Stage 1 ? :)

EDIT:

Can i use GPU for bench and what will be count for age, system CPU age or GPU age ?

EDIT2: Or if used CPU for calculation count CPU age if GPU used count GPU age and in both case better is oldest CPU or GPU ?

I guess that ES is allowed, at least from 3770k generation or lower...

If you use GPU for calculation, only counts the lower time..not matter the GPU generation that your use. If you use CPU for calculation, the age of it counts for the ranking.

I guess that ES is allowed, at least from 3770k generation or lower...

If you use GPU for calculation, only counts the lower time..not matter the GPU generation that your use. If you use CPU for calculation, the age of it counts for the ranking.

I am not sure you understand me right because:

"In the first stage, "Turrican's Choice", the oldest hardware wins"

If i use gpu to calculate the Stage 1 bench what age will be taken gpu or cpu ? ;)

Edit: I gues i can't use GPU for calculations, i see at submision it says "GPUPI for CPU - 1B" and for stage 2 is GPUPI - 1B. Can someone confirm i cant use VGA to calculatgein stage 1

Edited by GunGod

I am not sure you understand me right because:

"In the first stage, "Turrican's Choice", the oldest hardware wins"

If i use gpu to calculate the Stage 1 bench what age will be taken gpu or cpu ? ;)

On 1st stage only counts CPU, the calculation should be done with CPU.

Check this on the discussion thread:

" The first stage is called "Turrican's choice" and focuses on old hardware. Run GPUPI in 1B on the oldest CPU possible and overclock the hell out of it afterwards. The oldest chip with the fastest run wins! Yes, you know you wouldn't stand a chance if Karl could participate.*"

I'm just benching for fun and honor of Karl.

We (EK) have organized some nice hardware prizes so get your benching spirit on! Top spots await!

http://hwbot.org/newsflash/2781__turrican_memorial_charity_challenge_extended__additional_prizes_by_ek_water_blocks

Frontpage news finally! Thanks for your support tiborrr, it's very much appreciated. :)

Regarding the prizes, we have separated stage 1 and stage 2 so all the oldschool benchers won't need R9 290's to grab some loot (and the other way round). Without further ado, lets bench!

Btw, the first shirts are being printed as we speak and will very soon be shipped.

Edited by _mat_

• Crew
Can't get this Bench to run on Win7 x64.

Installed the Lastest Catalyst Driver & vcredist_x64.exe still get the MSVCP120.dll error.

Was I supposed to install anything else.?

Help Please....

vcredist_x86.exe and AMD APP SDK v2.7 here worked fine for the FX-55

Edited by Leeghoofd

Can't get this Bench to run on Win7 x64.

Installed the Lastest Catalyst Driver & vcredist_x64.exe still get the MSVCP120.dll error.

Was I supposed to install anything else.?

Help Please....

vcredist_x86.exe is the right one for the bench (and for any other 32 bit application running on 32 bit or 64 bit OS!).

Leeghoofd said:

vcredist_x32.exe and AMD APP SDK v2.7 here worked fine for the FX-55

_mat_ said:

vcredist_x86.exe is the right one for the bench (and for any other 32 bit application running on 32 bit or 64 bit OS!).

Thanks guys.

Installing vcredist_x32.exe fixed it.

Although @_mat_ I think you should clarify on the FAQ page that even just trying to run GPUPI requires both vcredist instead of just 64 bit one.

Atleast that's how it was for me.

Edited by rtsurfer

TASOS, yes, my processor Intel® Celeron® Processor 2.00 GHz, 128K Cache, 400 MHz FSB revision D1. What prevents him take the appropriate rating?

There is not enough data , in hwbot database about certain cpu's.

So , somebody has to add them manually ... and that takes time.

It's not only your result , there are more.

They will fix it soon.

Although @_mat_ I think you should clarify on the FAQ page that even just trying to run GPUPI requires both vcredist instead of just 64 bit one.

Atleast that's how it was for me.

Thanks for pointing that out. I have clarified this much butter (and in aggressive red ;)) now.