HWBOT Community Forums

Skylake Delid and TIM Swapping

Reference For Die Size and to show no FIVR in the way.

Test Used:

Wprime1024 5.1ghz 1.48v

Before: 96C hit and failed within seconds (hard to tell what load after 2 minutes would have been probably 105+)

After: 78C Warmest core and passed :thumb:

Under ln2 without Delid running XTU we are going postive temps at -145c hits 20c loaded. :o :o :o

So I would suggest everyone delid Replace TIM under IHS and then put IHS back on.

Skylake bottom Devils Canyon top

5VN5leJ.jpg

The PCB is thin and Ive heard of it breaking in a vice, so I would stick to razor. Press in on each of the 4 corners then do the sides last.

Vice method fail (not me lol)

5JzR6aq.jpg

Also would suggest if you plan to let the ihs float instead of resealing (so you can keep it fresh) loosen the hold down first so you arent forcing the ihs to slide forward under pressure, then tighten the screws after brining the lever down

Also would suggest if you plan to let the ihs float instead of resealing (so you can keep it fresh) loosen the hold down first so you arent forcing the ihs to slide forward under pressure, then tighten the screws after brining the lever down

I think for the people using specific Asus boards, the CPU installation tool might come in handy here, as it will hold the IHS in place.

Just a wild guess ofcourse :D Just stating that it's not just an installation tool. Might aswell be an IHS holder :P

2 Days ago when I was testing these boards, I was like: why the hell would anyone need this? Now I'm like: Oh, darn, this thing is useful after all.

....and, Intel are committed to overclocking.....how, exactly? :/

(thanks for the info) :)

I guess that a soldered IHS would be an easy new product release for them, should it be necessary. Lower temps, more MHz. Marketing dream.