HWBOT Community Forums

RocketCool Delidder !

Alex@ro

Hey Folks,

I was given the opportunity to test this tool and received it few days ago. Now the concept is clearly not new but what can make a difference is the execution and the price/availability.

Nowdays delidding is clearly mandatory for anyone looking to squeeze the last drops of performance from their CPU . The RocketCool Delidder will do this perfectly safe and without worrying of damaging your CPU.

First of all the tool and accesory:

16hsoi.jpg

224ssk.jpg

39vsyl.jpg

48bs4y.jpg

Using the tool is extremely easy and bulletproof .

Simply put the CPU in it's designed part ,you also have a mark for the right corner,i obviously missed it but it worked perfectly even like this.

img_6417eyspe.jpg

Then we arrange the tool by tightening with bare hand the 3 screws,then it will look like this:

img_64205wsxe.jpg

Use the given tool and rotate clockwise till the sign reaches the other end :

img_6422akxv5.jpg

Enjoy the result:

img_64233ljac.jpg

I used this tool to delid a few Skylake's so far and it worked perfectly.The quality it's very good and the IHS will never know what hit it :D

Here is also a video made by James which should be more hintful:

EDIT by MOD // removed the link to the store ... this is not a forum for sales promotion //

At a price of 34.88$ + shipping . International shipping is also possible and according to James the price with shipping included should be around 50$ .

* The purpose of this topic is to give more exposure to a great product and all the credit goes to it's creator James. I do not own or earn anything from this and also do not know anything about copyright issues with Roman's tool . My opinion is that anything that works good and has a good price is extremely welcome to overclocking community .

Edited by Massman

... what can make a difference is the execution and the price/availability (...) My opinion is that anything that works good and has a good price is extremely welcome to overclocking community.

I would argue - if shipping is 50$, maybe it's a deal for US guys, but for 85 shipped, I'd rather pay extra few euro and have stuff from Roman/caseking in less than a week than wait for weeks for delivery. Anyway, multiple sources are good thing :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...