HWBOT Community Forums

All AM4 CPUs are multiplier unlocked!

Massman

AMD is the hero we need but not deserve

[ATTACH]4765[/ATTACH]

I still think it could be a really cool idea to split amd and nvidia globals. I was thinking only 3d at first but why not do 2d also. Especially with these new processors coming. Even if AMD releases expensive stuff soon we will still at least have that option to bench for globals, unlike now.

Also it could help overclockers with more sample opportunities. Because I'm sure most of us dont ask for AMD parts. Maybe AMD could also become more involved with sponsoring.

I just think it opens up a whole new world of benching and parts and as of right now a very cost effective option.

what do you guys think, dumb idea?

Edited by Strong Island

• Crew
I can imagine Crosshair VI Impact :)...

It would be pretty epic, but I have heard they are moving away from the Impact branding with Kaby etc...could just be a simple re-name, but could be a re-design too which would suck!

I still think it could be a really cool idea to split amd and nvidia globals. I was thinking only 3d at first but why not do 2d also. Especially with these new processors coming. Even if AMD releases expensive stuff soon we will still at least have that option to bench for globals, unlike now.

Also it could help overclockers with more sample opportunities. Because I'm sure most of us dont ask for AMD parts. Maybe AMD could also become more involved with sponsoring.

I just think it opens up a whole new world of benching and parts and as of right now a very cost effective option.

I will certainly get a Zen setup, even if it's to just play with...but I'm sure ill find a use for it! Full pot benching :D

It would be pretty epic, but I have heard they are moving away from the Impact branding with Kaby etc...could just be a simple re-name, but could be a re-design too which would suck!

I will certainly get a Zen setup, even if it's to just play with...but I'm sure ill find a use for it! Full pot benching :D

it would make it so much more fun if you actually had a chance for globals also

Please can "that subject" not pop up in here as well? :)

People seem to be enthusiastic about a product launch just because it sounds like fun hardware to play with...

I only mentioned it in 1 thread awhile back and never spoke about it again. I just saw this thread and saw people excited about AMD so I thought it was the perfect place to mention it.

I'm not trying to fight or complain or anything. Just giving an idea.

It has nothing to do with a new product launch, it has more to do with all the previous product launches that most of us ignored that were cost effective.

dont fear me :) Impacts were one of the ebst OC guards ever, special for DRAM OC....Maybe only for Kaby Lake, because the performance clock to clock is the same (something as refresh of Skylake with better electrical properties and for better OC). Im thinking for Z270 we will not see Maximus IX Extreme also (Haswell had M6E and after Haswell refresh was still only M6E as one extreme board for LGA1150)

• 4 months later...

I'd love to play around with some of the lower end parts. Hopefully they didn't laser off the cores, which would be great to try my hand at firmware hacking to attempt and unlock them (or alternatively just learn more) and even if I can't do that, I can still OC the chip! Win win :)